• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Levy - End Of Season Letter

It's because he's a business man not a football man. If he could just run the financial side of things and get someone in who knows the game that would be perfect.

Isn't this what he's been doing with Arnesen, Comolli and now Baldini?

In Redknapp's case we didn't have a DoF, but Redknapp was given a lot of freedom to make his football decisions and the head scout he brought in reportedly was responsible for signing Sandro for example.

Words words words. Means **** all.

Vetted by legal to ensure no liability is assumed.

Finessed by PR to ensure Levy is seen in a good light.

Worked by Marketing to ensure it is on message for the sponsors.

Who gives a ****? Proof of the pudding is in the eating, and this cake is sour.

What do you expect from an end of season letter?

The proof is in the results, as indicated by various stats posted around here recently we've been doing well under Levy. The proof will be in the new stadium, going by the stadium thread there's real progress being made.

Then there will be also some words. But Levy hardly ever speaks to the press, he only rarely makes statements and then he sends out these end of season and (sometimes) transfer window statements. He's not a talker, it's one of the stranger accusations I can think of for the man.

Isn't this what he's been doing with Arnesen, Comolli and now Baldini?

In Redknapp's case we didn't have a DoF, but Redknapp was given a lot of freedom to make his football decisions and the head scout he brought in reportedly was responsible for signing Sandro for example.

What do you expect from an end of season letter?

The proof is in the results, as indicated by various stats posted around here recently we've been doing well under Levy. The proof will be in the new stadium, going by the stadium thread there's real progress being made.

Then there will be also some words. But Levy hardly ever speaks to the press, he only rarely makes statements and then he sends out these end of season and (sometimes) transfer window statements. He's not a talker, it's one of the stranger accusations I can think of for the man.

But he still picks the wrong managers and doesn't have the conviction to stick with them and has bodged up numerous transfer windows, that to me shows a lack of understanding of the game.

I think levy has picked the right manager numerous times he just ruins it all by selling the best players in the squad and doesn't let manager have input on the inferior replacements.

But he still picks the wrong managers and doesn't have the conviction to stick with them and has bodged up numerous transfer windows, that to me shows a lack of understanding of the game.

My point was that he seems to be doing what you want him to do? Arnesen got Jol, as he reportedly wanted. Comolli got his Ramos. Redknapp was hired as "the football man" and got his chief scout and eventually also technical Tim. For AVB and Baldini it was the other way around, but I would be shocked if Baldini wasn't now heavily involved in the next head coach decision.

Looking just at the fact that a string of managers all have been sacked under Levy could easily be seen as him picking the wrong managers. Looking at our league finishes compared to our spending power paints a somewhat different picture. I have no issues accepting that there have been some poor appointments, but at the same time we're very ambitious and we're trying to perform considerably above our spending power so to me it's not a surprise that finding that right man is a difficult decision.

Why should he? maybe Levy understands the modern game better than most fans on this board.

Every day someone crows on about continuity, sticking with a manager, etc. My question is, what club in a decent European league has kept a manager for the last 5 years (not the SAF example, or **** from the 50's/70's) and that has rewarded them with significant success?

Maybe more importantly, if we look at the winners of the major European trophies over the last 5 years (again, without the outlier that was SAF), what is the average tenure of the manager?

Modern football is about having a manager come in, drive change, achieve a result, move on.

Why would you stick with the wrong manager?

I didn't mean that he should stick with the wrong manager. What I was getting at was he doesn't have the nerve to hold fire and back managers. Mind you at least he realises quickly that he's picked the wrong manager :lol:

I didn't mean that he should stick with the wrong manager. What I was getting at was he doesn't have the nerve to hold fire and back managers. Mind you at least he realises quickly that he's picked the wrong manager :lol:

He hasn't fired anyone that hasn't already been wanted out by a large number of fans for months in advance. I'd say he's relatively patient, certainly doesn't pull the trigger at the first opportunity.

he never said that explicitly

he did say that about modric and that year he said that modric went no where

i believe this guy if he makes an categorical non-negotiable statement

After Berbs first season his end of season letter said that no first team players would be leaving.

I guess that was the summer after Carrick left.

He hasn't fired anyone that hasn't already been wanted out by a large number of fans for months in advance. I'd say he's relatively patient, certainly doesn't pull the trigger at the first opportunity.

This is true and normally he only gets a itchy trigger finger when we the fans start calling him **** :-"

As I stated before between Jol and Harry you have the best part of 7 years that's half levy/enics tenure I don't think any manager he has sacked has not completely deserved it barring maybe Jol

But even he like harry was lifting he's skirts at other clubs before we tried to pull Ramos so maybe levy just really dislikes flirts ?

Tim Sherwood: Focus on Daniel Levy after latest Spurs sacking

White Hart Lane's revolving door spins once more and the latest manager to find himself on the outside looking in is Tim Sherwood, sacked after only five months in charge.

Sherwood's appointment on an 18-month deal as replacement for the dismissed Andre Villas-Boas never had a long-term look - indeed the 45-year-old was left likening himself to a "supply teacher" who was not given the respect he deserves.

He certainly made an impression in his short time at the helm, from his blistering public attack on his players after a 4-0 defeat at Chelsea to his animated touchline antics, concluding with an invite to a critical fan to take his seat in the technical area during his final win against Aston Villa on Sunday.

And after leaving Spurs in the Europa League with a 59% win ratio, Sherwood has made enough of an impression to guarantee he will not be out of managerial work for long.

Now the spotlight must turn to the man responsible for his sacking, a chairman seeking his ninth manager since he took over in 2001.

As managers come and go with alarming regularity at Spurs, Daniel Levy remains untouched and almost silent. He is usually only heard through the medium of all too regular statements thanking the latest victim for his services and announcing the search is on for someone who would give the club the results he believes they deserve.

Rather like on Tuesday. Again.

The flaw in this argument is that one man who gave Spurs such results, namely Harry Redknapp, was also sacked despite taking them into the Champions League once and finishing fourth in 2012, when they were only denied another crack at the tournament by Chelsea's win against Bayern Munich in The Allianz Arena.

There was a change in mood after Sherwood's departure, however, with a sense that Levy simply must get his next appointment right or the buck might finally stop with him.

With each change of manager, another layer of credibility is removed from Levy's reputation. And after another season of instability it has now worn very thin.

No-one doubts Levy wants the best for Spurs but eventually there must be a time of reckoning for the man responsible for a succession of failed appointments and an apparent level of impatience that creates such uncertainty.

Eventually, as the list of those who have been tried and moved on lengthens, the question will be asked more often - is Daniel Levy actually the problem at Tottenham Hotspur?

Levy cannot be criticised for the sale of Gareth Bale last summer. He had an £86m offer for a player who wanted to fulfil his dream to play for Real Madrid. All he could do was negotiate the best price - which he did.

Initially the influx of fresh talent looked a fair exchange, but such a transition is made even more difficult at a club where the manager does not get too long before the chairman's laptop is drawing up the farewell statement on another departure.

Southampton's Mauricio Pochettini is the current favourite to succeed Sherwood, followed by Ajax's Frank de Boer - but Levy needs to change himself as well as his manager.

This time he must get the right man, give him an atmosphere of stability to work within and not be too hasty should results not meet his standards.

To lose the odd manager is understandable, to lose so many smacks of very poor decision-making. And eventually the decision-maker will be the man made accountable to the supporters and those who hold power at Spurs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27390680

2nd highest rated comment: "Think all football fans are united in saying Mr Levy is a bit of a c**k" :ross:

It's easy to hold onto a player when no one makes a bid approaching their market value.

40 mill was an insanely amazing offer for a player serving a 9 match ban for biting an opponent (second time in his career he has done such a thing) 40 mill for a player who has previously served a big ban for being racist....great player but a massive loose cannon

There was a change in mood after Sherwood's departure, however, with a sense that Levy simply must get his next appointment right or the buck might finally stop with him.

This isn't my sense at all. Sacking 'Arry was controversial and, whether you back the decision or not, was done for understandable reasons.

Sacking AVB after so much change in the summer was also controversial, especially as he was supposed to the young manager with a plan, which was part of the reason for replacing 'Arry.

Releasing Tim Sherwood is nothing like the other two. He was a caretaker manager in all but name and everyone knew it. The contract was to prevent the drift that occurred with Pleat in the extended caretaker role. And from the sounds of it, his contract made it clear that he would be gone in the summer unless something extraordinary happened. To say this is the make or break tipping point for Levy is ridiculous.

Levy is co-owner of the club. The only person who can decide it is time for him to go is Joe Lewis and he seems to have little interest in football. His interest is the commercial success of the club and it's hard to criticise Levy here. The club is about to embark (perhaps already is) on a major development with the new stadium and Levy is a big part of it. His position as chairman is probably stronger than ever and sacking someone the journalists like is hardly going to change this.

Arry has chipped in with his opinion..............Redknapp told The Sun: 'The real culprits of Tottenham's failings last season are not Tim, Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey. It is whoever decided to spend or recommend spending £111million on a load of bang average players.
'Every single one of those deals should be scrutinised in great detail. There's probably a little clique of about four or five people there sorting out all the deals and haven't they done well?

'There should be an investigation to find out on whose say-so those deals were done, whose judgment was it to bring in a bunch of players who have not taken the team on.
'This is a sad day for Tottenham and a sad day for English football.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-failures-not-Tim-Sherwood.html#ixzz31g0I1E33
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

40 mill was an insanely amazing offer for a player serving a 9 match ban for biting an opponent (second time in his career he has done such a thing) 40 mill for a player who has previously served a big ban for being racist....great player but a massive loose cannon

Those were obviously the negative things about Suarez that would (and will) drive the price down. You're totally one sided in your analysis though.

He was rated by Liverpool in the same bracket as Bale, having scored 23 and assisted 5 (Bale had 21/4) in the previous season. We got £85m for Bale.

That bid was from a club in the same league and a club that Liverpool would have seen as direct league competitors for the 4th spot they had as their aim for next season. We sold Bale to Real Madrid. By comparison that £40m bid from the scum wasn't much higher than the Modric bid from Chelsea we rejected, and Modric wasn't a goalscoring player.

They rejected the bid out of hand, it clearly wasn't an "insanely amazing offer". It was an offer nowhere near their valuation.

funny thing is Arry, we sold world class Bale, brought in 7 apparent muppets, and yet finished on 69pts, only 3 points less that Bale inspired Spurs the season before

Arry has chipped in with his opinion..............Redknapp told The Sun:
'Every single one of those deals should be scrutinised in great detail. There's probably a little clique of about four or five people there sorting out all the deals and haven't they done well?

Probably just disappointed he didn't get in on the action himself. If we should be looking at anything it's the deals to get Keane back and Saha and Nelsen.

Back