• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Let's talk about our history of having 'weak mentalities' and 'bottling it'

Arsenal won countless of points in stoppage time last season

Other than Stoke (H) - when was the last time we achieved that?

its to do with the fans

the kind of players we buy

the manager / coaches

atmoshpere and culture

its not just one thing ..or even two. its a whole heap of factors.

strong mentalities in our team DONT include...bale, lennon, siggy, thudd, walker for instance...at least IMO....but they do include the likes of gallas, sandro, adebayor, BAE, dembele...players that dont drop their level because of the opposition. the rest of the team feeds off of that

there is a correlation also to the people that are missing and are particularly off form and the way we capitulate in games.

when we had carrick, davids, teemu, mido , keane, naybet etc...that was a mentally strong unit right there

and i dont get a strong mental edge from AVB. its not weak either...but it isnt exactly something that comes across as granite

all IMHO.

and the fans appear to be weak minded also. this is natural as success has softened us a bit

I would have the players bolded in opposite category you have them in.

Right now we look as though we expect to concede at some point. It's not even a massive amount of pressure thats needed for us to concede. We need to address this, because it would feel great to take the lead and expect us to go on and win.

Was thinking of that last night - what absolute clustefudge of a season this is turning out to be AGAIN

- Parker initially out for +/- 6 weeks - now only back around Christmas - probably crocked and fudged for life

- Dembele - apaprently had a 'knock' in that friendly and as rested for a few days - it's now been nearly 2 fudging months - did a player with a chronic hip injury pass our Medical? And if so - who is responsible for those - Bozo the clown?

- BAE - minor injury intially, said a month ago no operation, blah - blah - blah - still fudged - probably out till March

FFS - what are they doing to these guys?

It beggars belief how bad they seem to be. Add Kaboul to that list too.

Arsenal won countless of points in stoppage time last season

Other than Stoke (H) - when was the last time we achieved that?

I have been saying that for ages. In the last 10 minutes we seem to almost always concede and virtually never score ourselves. Again due to the fitness/coaching staff imo

I would have thought success would go some way to make us mentally stronger no?

I don't think getting 4th place is enough. You have to win trophies and/or be up in the top 3/4 every season. Emirates Marketing Project are starting to score late goals now and win despite playing crap. You don't get the mentality before the winning I'm afraid.

I have been saying that for ages. In the last 10 minutes we seem to almost always concede and virtually never score ourselves. Again due to the fitness/coaching staff imo

It certainly appears to be a problem so far this season, according to http://www.statbunker.com/football/btb/index.php?PL=competition&CompID=415&statType=goalsfor in the last 10 minutes of matches:

Emirates Marketing Project- 5 / 1 (goals scored / conceded)
Man Utd- 5/ 1
Chelsea- 4 / 1
Arsenal- 6 / 0
Spurs- 0 / 6

Last season:

Emirates Marketing Project- 18 / 7 (+11)
ManU- 16 / 8 (+8 )
Arsenal- 14 / 7 (+7)
Spurs- 7 / 4 (+3)
Chelsea- 12 / 16 (-4)

2010/11 season:

ManU- 16 / 6 (+10)
Chelsea- 15 / 6 (+9)
ManC- 4 / 7 (-3)
Arsenal- 13 / 9 (+4)
Spurs- 11 / 8 (+3)

2009/10 season:

Chelsea- 19 / 4 (+15)