• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Let's all laugh at everyone

Those images are epic, very impressive Tifos.
Meanwhile Spurs try to cobble together a 'Welcome to Spurs'

Reactions: jrh

One could say I'm taking it a tad too seriously but that is just embarrassing for the sport as a whole. The player isn't too busy being injured that he notices the opposition dragging him back on off and suddenly seems in less agony.

It's one of those "You know what really grinds my gears things" but any manipulation/ exaggeration of injuries is pure weak sauce. How many times do you see someone rolling around on the floor holding their face and the replay shows a bit of a bump on the shoulder? It's boy cried wolf abuse of a protocol meant to improve the safety of the players.

Whether it's dragging injured players on or off the pitch or the aforementioned dishonesty I'd go scorched earth on it all, the perception of shame clearly is lacking from footballers to prevent this flimflam so stronger measures are needed.

One could say I'm taking it a tad too seriously but that is just embarrassing for the sport as a whole. The player isn't too busy being injured that he notices the opposition dragging him back on off and suddenly seems in less agony.

It's one of those "You know what really grinds my gears things" but any manipulation/ exaggeration of injuries is pure weak sauce. How many times do you see someone rolling around on the floor holding their face and the replay shows a bit of a bump on the shoulder? It's boy cried wolf abuse of a protocol meant to improve the safety of the players.

Whether it's dragging injured players on or off the pitch or the aforementioned dishonesty I'd go scorched earth on it all, the perception of shame clearly is lacking from footballers to prevent this flimflam so stronger measures are needed.

I agree with you, but, it’s a result of poor officiating over 20 odd years, players have had to exaggerate to get the foul noticed.

An explanation not an excuse.

The game hasn’t done enough to keep officiating improving at the same rate as other parts of the game have.

In 1930, The Strongest became the first and only Bolivian team to win a League championship with no goals scored against them. The same year, The Strongest inaugurated the Estadio Hernando Siles, with a 4–1 victory against its classical rival (at the time), Universitario.

It is the only football team in the world to have a battle named after it. In the Chaco War (1932–1935) the players, staff and members of the club, which numbered around 600, enlisted in the Bolivian Army. A division largely composed of these "Stronguistas" played a vital part in the Bolivian Army's most important victory. As a result of that, the battle is named "Batalla de Cañada Strongest" in Bolivian history books.[3]

Back