• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lescott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good signing. He is 31/32 but he would give us a bit more nous and defensive experience within this country as well as being able to pass on his experience of playing in big matches.

To my mind, even if they wanted a permanant deal at around £4/5m then it would be a no brainer given his experience and versatility.

He turned 31 in August and has experience of winning the league and would be on a free in the summer do I'd guess a couple of million would be the max we could pay

They will want him off their wage bill and he is a good player. A very good player with the right partner next to him and to me a no brainer with kaboom a injury issues

He used to have a bit of pace, does he still have any? If so, he'd be perfect for us and exactly what we need.

He ain't as quick as he used to be but their defence looks better with him and Kompany in it that any other partnership

He would join us as cover and expect to play 20 games a season I reckon and ifs the price is right then it's a no brainer for me

good signing, question is

- is he good enough to own a starting spot?
- If not, why would he come here, as obviously he wants playing time

I don't think Lescott was ever considered quick. He would be decent cover though

I've never been impressed by Lescott's ability.

Mind you, I find his comedy hairline such a distraction that I may not have seen much of his play.

If he's been at City all season he might have played CL, so would be eligible for EL - I can't recall who this happened to last year.

Don't want a loan signing that will only be half arsed once he misses the next England squad.
He's no better than Dawson and if Dawson cant get in the squad Lescott has similarly no chance.
Rather see us playing youngsters.

Didn't see this one coming but it makes sense.

TS did not do anything to discourage a view we are interested in JL in his IV.

He said he does not want to rush back either Kaboul or Verts so we are an injury away from 1 fit experienced CB. AVB caned the life out of Verts and Kaboul had a stinker against City. I hope because he was not properly fit.

Chiriches is talented and may well be the future but his future surely must be more central or even right sided. Lescott is more left sided? Am I right?

I think Capoue’s days at the club are numbered. He flopped as a CB and is meh in midfield. He looked forlorn when subbed against United.

Can’t see a downside to a loan move with subsidised wages and JL returning to Everton after the WC.

I think Capoue’s days at the club are numbered. He flopped as a CB and is meh in midfield. He looked forlorn when subbed against United.

Capoue is not a CB, just because he is 6ft plus.

To say he is not a good DM is however a bit hard to believe. He was the main reason why we steadied our ship last Wednesday. He is constantly blocking spaces and therefore does not need to make rash tackles. His distribution is not the best admittedly but then neither is Sandro's. However the solidity he provides is just as good as the Brazilian's

Lescott starts for City today, so thats him cuptied. although might not be a problem for a l;ot of teams come Sunday night

I don't get what's in it for Lescott? I'd rather be 4th choice with City than 4th/5th choice with Spurs.

Capoue is not a CB, just because he is 6ft plus.

To say he is not a good DM is however a bit hard to believe. He was the main reason why we steadied our ship last Wednesday. He is constantly blocking spaces and therefore does not need to make rash tackles. His distribution is not the best admittedly but then neither is Sandro's. However the solidity he provides is just as good as the Brazilian's

Agreed.

Capoue has started 6 Premier League games for us. 6 games! And two of those have been as a central defender iirc, that means he's started 4 games in the league in his natural position. In a season where he was injured for a significant amount, only joined us late in the transfer window and where there's been significant stability issues with the club.

And Sherwood took the time to praise him specifically after the United game actually, a game where he along with Dembele and Ade kept Rooney and Carrick rather quiet throughout.

A little patience seems in order...

I don't think Lescott was ever considered quick. He would be decent cover though

My memory might be playing tricks on me, but I'm sure that I thought he was pretty quick when I saw him play for Everton, particularly whenever he might play as a left-back.

Nowadays though, I have no idea. Him and Dawson would potentially be the best centre-back pairing we'd have at the club, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back