• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lennon's back baby!

His crossing has come on leaps & bounds recently, there was a time he could not cross for toffee.

His crossing has been the same for at least a couple of seasons. He figured out early on that he's better off lobbing it in rather than try to get pace on it. Good to see he can vary between cutbacks and crosses.

His crossing has come on leaps & bounds recently, there was a time he could not cross for toffee.

Couple of beautifully stood up crosses today - including the one for Ade's goal.

But what almost endeared him more to the crowd today was his fantastic tracking back and stealing the ball off their wingers on a number of occasions.

Couple of beautifully stood up crosses today - including the one for Ade's goal.

But what almost endeared him more to the crowd today was his fantastic tracking back and stealing the ball off their wingers on a number of occasions.

His workrate defensively is superb. A real team player!

He has actually been doing that all season I think thats why his forward play was hampered. The guy is the epitome of team player - he works hard defensively whilst being unselfish in attack.

Garth Crooks' Team of the Week

MIDFIELD - AARON LENNON (Tottenham)

For the second consecutive game, Aaron Lennon has made it into my team of the week.

Against Sunderland, he and Gareth Bale ran the show.

In the absence of Bale and against a stubborn Reading side the Yorkshireman grabbed the mantle and performed brilliantly, providing the assist for Emmanuel Adebayor to put the game beyond the Royals.

Two superb performances from the England international.

If he keeps this form up, he's a must for Roy Hodgson.

Did you know?

Lennon has been involved in a goal (scored or assisted) in each of his last three Premier League appearances, his best such run since August 2009 (also three appearances).

Only in March 2007 has he produced a longer stretch (four).

I have been really hard on Lennon most of the season because I think a number of matches he fails to stamp his mark on the match offensively and with end product. That being said last two matches he has been superb, hopefully he is finding a great run of form.

I have been really hard on Lennon most of the season because I think a number of matches he fails to stamp his mark on the match offensively and with end product. That being said last two matches he has been superb, hopefully he is finding a great run of form.

Amen to that.

His crossing has been the same for at least a couple of seasons. He figured out early on that he's better off lobbing it in rather than try to get pace on it. Good to see he can vary between cutbacks and crosses.

I don't think Lennon's crossing in itself has ever been particularly bad, he has just over the last few years learnt to set himself up better to deliver the ball. He used to try to play the ball whilst going at top speed. This would normally mean no-one else could keep pace with him, so he would have little to aim for, while he would also be off balance, affecting the quality of his delivery.

Nowadays he slows down before crossing, puts the defender under pressure, tries to wriggle into some space and deliver the ball from a more balanced body position. While this is happening more teammates enter the box and he has a better range of targets to seek. Even when he is already away from the defender he has developed the composure to slow down just a bit in order to make the cross more reliable.

I don't think Lennon's crossing in itself has ever been particularly bad, he has just over the last few years learnt to set himself up better to deliver the ball. He used to try to play the ball whilst going at top speed. This would normally mean no-one else could keep pace with him, so he would have little to aim for, while he would also be off balance, affecting the quality of his delivery.

Nowadays he slows down before crossing, puts the defender under pressure, tries to wriggle into some space and deliver the ball from a more balanced body position. While this is happening more teammates enter the box and he has a better range of targets to seek. Even when he is already away from the defender he has developed the composure to slow down just a bit in order to make the cross more reliable.

Let's just say he has a different crossing technique compared to the likes of Walker or Hutton, who regularly hits it into row Z instead of the penalty area.

The biggest influence on Lennon's performances this season has been him staying fit. He's already played 20 league games this season. He only notched up 23 league games all last season.

The biggest influence on Lennon's performances this season has been him staying fit. He's already played 20 league games this season. He only notched up 23 league games all last season.

Fair comment, because for me, Lennon get's injured, misses games, then takes 6-8 games to find his form/confidence again.

Good to see AVB taking him off at end of games, would be good to see him rest against Coventry as well.

Our player of the year; he's been more influential than Bale this season. What a player AVB has made. No longer the heads down speed merchant. Going outside, Coming inside, crossing, playing in the overlapping fullback and above all sprinting his ass to work back and win the ball, especially when we caught on the counter.

Ladies and gentleman: I give you the best winger in this year's Premiership: The imperious Aaron "Azza" Lennon

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Our player of the year; he's been more influential than Bale this season. What a player AVB has made. No longer the heads down speed merchant. Going outside, Coming inside, crossing, playing in the overlapping fullback and above all sprinting his ass to work back and win the ball, especially when we caught on the counter.

Ladies and gentleman: I give you the best winger in this year's Premiership: The imperious Aaron "Azza" Lennon

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Simply ridiculous but all these exaggerated posts about his form only prove what i've been saying all along and that's most posters on here (and football fans in general) base things solely on a players last game or a very small sample of games (for this case it's about 4 or 5) and completely ignore everything else (4 months is like 4 years to the average football fan).

Simply ridiculous but all these exaggerated posts about his form only prove what i've been saying all along and that's most posters on here (and football fans in general) base things solely on a players last game or a very small sample of games (for this case it's about 4 or 5) and completely ignore everything else (4 months is like 4 years to the average football fan).

Exactly what i said in the thread where we voted for best player of season so far

I predicted people would pick Bale, even though there were clearly more consistent players

Back