• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lennon's back baby!

Re: 300 Up for Aaron Lennon

November 28th 2010....Liverpool at home.....we win 2-1 and Lennon scores

November 28th 2012....Liverpool at home.....we win 2-1 and Lennon scores

freak city!! also 7 goals out of his 27 have been scored in November. 16 of the 27 have been scored in just Nov, Dec and Jan

Great fan of the little guy. Maybe he should believe in himself more but this season he seems to be maturing into a more consistent player.

300azzaresizetgkv1.jpg

Top player. What I do think is an advantage to us is that due to the hype over Bale, he seems relatively underrated by other clubs. Also seems like a quiet, grounded sort of lad, so I can't see his head being turned, and expect him to hopefully be at the club for a good few more years.

=D>

He's been a great little player for us. I sometimes wish he would just knock it past people and do them for pace instead of trying to cut in and out all the time. Also, definitely needs to shoot more often, he always looks a bit scared if he gets in front of goal.

He will be a better player than Bale if he can improve his finishing. That's one part he has failed to improve much since joining us.

His finishing is fine. He just rarely get in those positions.

Both those statements are way off.

Great little player and is my choice of player for the season ( up to now), he is without doubt one of our most importent players.

He will be a better player than Bale if he can improve his finishing. That's one part he has failed to improve much since joining us.

His finishing is fine, just doesn't always get himself in dangerous positions. But that statement is ridiculous, what is he actually better than Bale that?

I'd guess around £15 million. He's still quite young.

He's worth considerably more to us than £15 million, I'd have thought. If we sold him for that amount, we'd find it difficult to replace him with better for less.

English; Premier League proven; very experienced but still young; still improving.......compared to some English transfers, he'd be a steal at that price and I reckon that other top English clubs would be all over it.

He'd cost a bit less than Young did, imv

I very much doubt it.

Young is two years older (so, if Aaron was to leave this summer, he'd do so at more or less the same age as Young when he moved to Utd).

We are operating from a position of strength. Villa weren't.

We have Daniel Levy. Villa didn't.

Aaron has three and a half years remaining on his contract at Spurs. Young had only one year remaining on his contract at Villa.

Levy can demand 40m for all it's worth - I'm simply suggesting his perceived 'value' and / or what teams would be willing to pay

Levy can demand 40m for all it's worth - I'm simply suggesting his perceived 'value' and / or what teams would be willing to pay

The only figure that matters is a figure at which both parties would be prepared to deal.

And I'm fairly certain that Levy would just say, "call us when you're serious" and hang up the phone if a bidding club made an offer of £15 million.

All hypothetical, of course. I'm quite sure that Spurs would far rather keep Aaron at the club for many years to come.

His finishing is fine, just doesn't always get himself in dangerous positions. But that statement is ridiculous, what is he actually better than Bale that?

I take your basic point that Bale is a better player than Lennon, but the areas in which I think Lennon is superior include speed off the mark (acceleration, speed over first five yards - call it what you will), change of direction, tracking back, industry and reaction to being tackled. I suspect he is better at slotting a through ball but neither is exactly exceptional in that regard.

Back