• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

wow...still hard to realise the time has come.

great player DESPITE the injury

I'm really glad he chose to finish his career with us, and not with some other club.

Even Henry said at one point he was the best defender he ever faced. Class act on the pitch. Will be missed. Long live the King!

its a sad sad day, will always be the king of white hart lane, will be missed
Great great player =D>=D>=D>

I don't think it's really a sad day today. It's been sad for years, and at least now he doesn't have to worry any more. He's still going to be heavily involved with Spurs, and he should take on some sort of coaching role some time soon if his knee allows him. I've said this whole year he should retire before the next season, and it's good he has, as unfortunately he's no longer fit enough to play any more and this has been exposed in the last season. He retired before he let us down.

Ian Wright ‏@IanWright0
Ledley king , class act. Easily top 3 in your generation of English defenders. Good luck in all you pursue my friend.

Rafael van der Vaart ‏@rafvdvaart
Sorry to hear Ledley King has to retire from Spurs due to an injury. A great player and a true Spurs club man!

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan
Best compliment I can pay Ledley King is that I'm bloody glad he's retiring.

Aaron Lennon ‏@AaronLennonpsl
Gutted the ‪#KING‬ has had to retire, the best defender I've ever played with or against,will be missed greatly!!! Legend ‪#retiretheshirt26

Jermaine Jenas ‏@jjenas8
sorry that's was supposed to say, sad 2 c that leds has retired from the game, what a player and what a top guy! #longlivetheking!

This day should have come 3-4 years from now but for the injuries, sad day all round. Best defender I have seen at the club and Ive been going for 15 years and supported the club for over 20 years. No doubt a club legend to my mind, just a shame he didn't manage to win a couple more cups to embroider his time with us a little more.

Hope he is inducted into the Spurs hall of fame shortly, that is one dinner I would definitely stump up money to attend. As for his testimonial, I would like to see them play a Premier League all star 11 if it can be arranged with Thierry Henry playing for them given the massive respect he had always shown King in a number of interviews and after games.

Sad day for football but I wish Ledley all the best for the future and would like to say thank you so much for your service to the club. It has been an absolute pleasure to watch such a majestic, classy defender play for my club for the last 13 years. Ledley's disciplinary record just shows what a classy player he was.

I remember his debut vividly. A fantastic 2-1 win over Liverpool...and Alton Thelwell was actually the star of the two debutants!

I remember his debut vividly. A fantastic 2-1 win over Liverpool...and Alton Thelwell was actually the star of the two debutants!

That wasn't his debut mate but I know the game your talking about. I think Fowler scored for them and we came from behind to win 2-1 with Ferdinand and Sherwood scoring for us. Thelwell did have a pretty good game that day but I knew from when King broke into the side regularly in 1999/2000 he was going to be an England International. I actually did bet with someone back in 2001 that he would one day captain England because I was that confident in his abilities.

I think he made his debut at Anfield in 1999 when we lost 3-2 up there towards the end of that season.

Has anyone been surprised at the level of praise from around the game for Ledley? I've always thought other clubs fans underestimated him, but today there seems to be very knowledgeable recognition of just how epic he was (sob...was) from all sides. There's a very complimentary RAWK thread about him and I'm sure if there's one there there's more.

Has anyone been surprised at the level of praise from around the game for Ledley? I've always thought other clubs fans underestimated him, but today there seems to be very knowledgeable recognition of just how epic he was (sob...was) from all sides. There's a very complimentary RAWK thread about him and I'm sure if there's one there there's more.

United Forum is praising him too. There were even three Gooners in that thread and 2 of them were very complimentary (the other one cracked a joke to which he was cyber bullied by the United fans :ross:)

I love it he is leaving with his head held high.

Can anyone have actually enjoyed playing against him? He's worthy of much respect is Ledley and am sorry to see him hang up the boots.

There is one up on red cafe too..

That wasn't his debut mate but I know the game your talking about. I think Fowler scored for them and we came from behind to win 2-1 with Ferdinand and Sherwood scoring for us. Thelwell did have a pretty good game that day but I knew from when King broke into the side regularly in 1999/2000 he was going to be an England International. I actually did bet with someone back in 2001 that he would one day captain England because I was that confident in his abilities.

I think he made his debut at Anfield in 1999 when we lost 3-2 up there towards the end of that season.

Oh right, cheers for clearing that up. Apparently not as vivid as I thought! Maybe it was his first start or something?

So gutting, for him and us. The number 26 shirt should not be worn again by anyone else in his honour. I hope he stays on as a coach and stays involved with the club. As people have said, if he was injury free, he would have easily been considered the best in the world and off playing for Real. Time to watch the Robben tackle on loop, everytimei watch it theres still some anticipation on how he's gonna make up the ground on on eof the quickest players in the league at the time!

THIS!!

Not really. People will always recognise class. There is even a thread about him on bluemoon saying positive things!

Back