• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

League Cup 2015 - Semi Final: Sheffield United (H/A)

Re: League Cup 2014 - Semi Final: Sheffield United (H/A)

Fiorentina away the Thursday before the final (not taking anything for granted of course)

I have been to Florence and it is beautiful, quite seriously the best Ice cream I ever tasted in my life. I would be very seriously considering getting tickets for that.

It really is a perfect draw, but we mustn't take the Blades lightly. You can bet they'll be up for it and they will be rubbing their hands together thinking they can knock us off. I'm sure they see us as the easiest draw they could have got.

If we do make the finals, anything can happen - even against Chelsea.

I have been to Florence and it is beautiful, quite seriously the best Ice cream I ever tasted in my life. I would be very seriously considering getting tickets for that.

I am a big fan of Italian Ice Cream so this pleases me greatly

Call me a pessimist but as long as Chelski are involved in this tournament I don't see us having much luck. They played us off the park at Stamford Bridge the other weekend.

Getting to a final is a good effort though, easy draws aside.

Fiorentina away the Thursday before the final (not taking anything for granted of course)

Liverpool travel to Istanbul, while Chelsea conveniently have that week off.

how cute, they have their own forum

Some of them can nearly construct sentences too.

They're right about our players not wanting to play away up there in January though, although it's not as much about the weather as they think it is.

You could transplant the climate from Barbados there and the North would still be the most grey, miserable sh1tehole I've ever had the misfortune of having to visit. And I've been to Naples.

They think that we don't like playing away...has anyone told them that we keep winning, when we play away?

We're more likely to lose at home, when the crowd gets at the team, as we haven't scored in the opening 20 minutes.

Capital One Cup semi-final dates:

Wed 21 Jan – THFC v Sheffield United (KO 7.45pm)

Wed 28 Jan – Sheffield United v THFC (KO 7.45pm)

It really is a perfect draw, but we mustn't take the Blades lightly. You can bet they'll be up for it and they will be rubbing their hands together thinking they can knock us off. I'm sure they see us as the easiest draw they could have got.

a one off game, there's always the chance of an upset but over 2 legs, its hard to see the Blades really troubling us

a one off game, there's always the chance of an upset but over 2 legs, its hard to see the Blades really troubling us

Remember Burnley in 2008, we nearly ballsed that up

We have to have a balanced mentality. If we think a significant underdog will get battered, logic says we would beat Sheff Utd then lose to Chelsea !

Have to try and steamroller them first leg. But I remember 2009 when we did that to Burnley, conceded a late goal and the away leg was a nightmare

Back