• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says...

Tottenham v Coventry

This is a big day for Coventry and not just because it is a repeat of the 1987 FA Cup final, when they clinched a famous win.

They are a League One team now so this is a reminder of happier days but, more importantly, they need the cash this game will generate.

The pressure is off the Sky Blues in terms of the result, while Spurs have got a proud tradition in the FA Cup and their fans will expect them to have a decent run this season.

Spurs are playing well at the moment and Andre Villas-Boas likes to play his strongest available teams in the cup competitions so I see them progressing without too many problems.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

image.jpg

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 1
So funny

The funny thing is whenever I see him I dont think of lawro I just call him Twunt - its like its his name.

Should be on his birth certificate

QPR v Tottenham (12:45 GMT)

This game is all about 'Arry [QPR manager Harry Redknapp], who was sacked by Tottenham last summer.

It's a game he will think he has a decent chance of winning too.

Redknapp's record since taking charge of Rangers at the end of November is really good. He has turned things around there, although they still have lot to do to make up the gulf in points between them and safety.

In Kevin Bond and Joe Jordan, Redknapp has the same backroom staff with him at QPR that he had at Spurs. They all have a point to prove.

It is another London derby following QPR's win over their neighbours Chelsea in their last Premier League game, and Loftus Road is a tight pitch too, which might negate the impact of Spurs widemen Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon and work in QPR's favour.

That win over Chelsea was massive for QPR - not just for the fact that they got three points, but where and how.

Some of their players might have been wondering how they were going to get out of trouble before that win, but that result at Stamford Bridge will have shown them they can win anywhere.

It is quite interesting that Spurs boss Andre Villa-Boas was talking about when he was sacked by Chelsea again this week - he needs to find some closure on that.

Everyone knows that Chelsea sack their managers, and nobody thinks any worse of him because of it.

Tottenham are on a good run that has taken them to third in the table, but Saturday comes down to Redknapp versus Villas-Boas. I think that battle will end even-stevens.

Lawro's prediction: QPR 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Lawro's 2012-13 Predictions & Table

Little Jack Horner sat in the corner
Eating a Christmas pie
He stuck in his thumb
And pulled out a ... TWUNT
And said '1-1 ... are you havin' a larf you f£$%ing cactus'

Not far off, either we run away with it or it will be close. Definitely a banana skin game!

Lawro on Football Focus:

"... in and around the penalty box, Suarez the best dribbler of the ball ever" (or words to that effect).

So the Twunt was just about right....8-[

Credit where credit's due, he's managed to get a surprisingly high number of Tottenham's games right this season.

In fact his predictions for Spurs being on 41 points after 22 matches is only one point more than we've actually amassed.

Credit where credit's due, he's managed to get a surprisingly high number of Tottenham's games right this season.

In fact his predictions for Spurs being on 41 points after 22 matches is only one point more than we've actually amassed.

Yes.. but Monkeys and Shakespeare..

Back