• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says...

Lawro the Twunt Says... Spurs are Top of the League!

Tottenham Hotspur v QPR (Sunday, 16:00 BST)

Tottenham had a good win over Reading last week, and showed the quality they have got in their squad.

Emmanuel Adebayor cannot be far away from being fit too so they will soon have even more firepower, although Jermain Defoe looks like he has a goal in him every time he plays at the moment.

Andre Villas-Boas has had a tricky start to his time as Spurs boss and much was made of his wait for his first win but I don't think he was ever under any pressure whatsoever from his chairman Daniel Levy.

Now he has won a game, things will be easier for him on the training ground.

I'm not saying the players didn't respect him before they beat Reading but results convince players as well as fans that the manager is the right guy, which I really do think he is. They have just got to let him get on with it.

QPR, meanwhile, are improving slowly. They got a good draw against Chelsea last week and I am sure they will be fine in terms of avoiding another relegation struggle, but I just cannot see them leaving White Hart Lane with anything.

Prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Queens Park Rangers

If Lawro's predictions had all been correct, Spurs would be top of the Premier League on 13 points, two points ahead of Manchester United, Chelsea & Emirates Marketing Project.

Lawro's 2012-13 Predictions

Re: Lawro the Twunt Says... Spurs are Top of the League!

that's depressing.. because it's actually quite true, really.

NOOO I'M TURNING INTO A TWUNT SYMPATHISER.

Re: Lawro the Twunt Says... Spurs are Top of the League!

The twunt wouldn't know football if he shat out a Shoot magazine.

2-1 to Spurs

Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur (17:30 BST)

Tottenham have had a couple of good wins in their last two league games although in their last match, they were 1-0 down at half-time to a QPR side who had a very good first 45 minutes.

If Rangers had got a second goal, then that would have been it but Andre Villas-Boas did change his formation around and two Spurs goals in two minutes meant he turned the game around too.

I still think the Tottenham players are getting used to Villas-Boas's ideas and I don't think he knows his best team, in fact I am convinced he doesn't.

That does not make it a good time to go to Old Trafford and think we might see the Spurs of old here, where they do not make things difficult for sides when they go away from home, and I see a straightforward win for United.

United have had more bad news at the back in terms of injuries, with Nemanja Vidic out for up to two months and joining Chris Smalling and Phil Jones on the sidelines.

But Rio Ferdinand and Jonny Evans are fit and United always deal with this sort of thing. Remember that Vidic missed most of last season through injury and look how close they still got to winning the league.

And Wayne Rooney is back to bolster their frontline. That might give Sir Alex Ferguson a problem again of how to fit all his attacking talent into his side, but that is definitely a good problem to have - I cannot see him losing any sleep over it.

Prediction: Manchester United 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur

Here are all of Lawo's 2012-13 Premier League Predictions with how the League Table would look like if all his forecasts were correct...

Lawro's 2012-13 Predictions

a dead horse could make that prediction ...

really not sure if I'm even going to watch this game on tv ... it's going to f#$k up my week-end for sure.

United have had more bad news at the back in terms of injuries, with Nemanja Vidic out for up to two months and joining Chris Smalling and Phil Jones on the sidelines.

How annoying is that the media always mention the "injury crisis" of the top 4 but never mention anything about our injury problems. We are now missing Kaboul, BAE, Parker and Adebayor after having just sold Modric and VDV and King retiring. Those are 7 first team players from last season which are missing now. AVB has to handle a virtually new team and yet the media are only thinking about how to condemn him and his team.

Last edited:
20145144.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas can do no wrong at the moment but we have to temper the hype around him a little bit because Spurs got their backsides smacked in the last half-hour of their win at Old Trafford last weekend.

Manchester United made all sorts of chances, Tottenham retreated and United were unfortunate not to get one point and maybe even should have got all three.

Getting rid of their 23-year hoodoo at Old Trafford will give Spurs confidence but taking a strong team to Greece to play Panathinaikos in the Europa League on Thursday could count against them.

They have found their form in the Premier League and keeping it going should be their priority over a game where the result doesn't really matter because they can still get out of their group whatever happens. Why make things more difficult for yourself?

Aston Villa are having a bit of a quiet revolution under Paul Lambert and it is interesting to watch.

Lambert has not made a big deal out of his team selections, he has just said to the team 'play well and I am not bothered how old you are or how much Villa paid for you'.

Darren Bent, who was one of the casualties of that selection policy, proved a point when he came off the bench and scored his goal against West Brom on Sunday but, through Bent doing that, maybe Lambert has proved a point as well.

Villa are heading in the right direction but I cannot see them getting anything at White Hart Lane. Gareth Bale is in the sort of form where he can be unplayable and, even if some of their players are tired from their trip to Greece, Villas-Boas can change the direction of the game with the strength he has on his bench.

Prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Aston Villa

Mark Lawrenson's Premier League football results predictions for 2012-13

Last edited:
I think we'll do Villa by twice that. Wouldn't be surprised to see the same scoreline as the game a few years back when Andy Reid knocked 1 in from 25 yards.

Can't remember the other 4 scorers..statto?

Back