• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lack of a coherent club strategy?

It's Karlsen's opinion that he's good, yes. And he is IMO as well, as evidenced by his performances for Brazil.

As to his other points, it's just spot on. We don't have a clue as to what we're doing on the pitch. Pass, pass, and back to the CB/Lloris who hoofs it forward because he's being pressed a bit.

The Pool on the other hand. Full backs pushing up to provide width. Gerrard dropping deep between the CB's. Coutinho coming deep to get the play going. Everybody moving, with everybody knowing where to and where to pass it.

The players came in with no belief that we'd do anything. We were late on every challenge, constantly a step behind and always chasing. Granted, Liverpool were very, very good, but we shouldn't be this far behind them. What they have however is a clear strategy, everybody rowing in the same direction and a system that everybody believes in. And it's cleary working well.

We on the other hand.....

People keep repeating this but I don't rate him in a Brazil shirt either, he still looks as technically limited as ever, perhaps it's just camouflaged better by being surrounded by better players. Tor-Kristian Karlsen(who?) says he's great though so who am I to argue :-k

People keep repeating this but I don't rate him in a Brazil shirt either, he still looks as technically limited as ever, perhaps it's just camouflaged better by being surrounded by better players. Tor-Kristian Karlsen(who?) says he's great though so who am I to argue :-k

True, you probably don't have any Twitter followers so your opinion matters even less to me

Oh, he's just the former sporting director and CEO at AS Moncao, scout for Watford, Grasshoppers, Bayer Leverkusen, Hannover and Zenit St. Petersburg, and football expert/analyzer for BBC, The Independent, The Times and Four Four Two. Nothing much, really. Just another bloke from the pub.

A lot of that stuff I and a few others on here have been saying for months. The club looks like it is going nowhere and Levy has steered a very poor ship this season. Bad decision after bad decision.

The thing is, we do have money to spend, and we do have a good squad. We bring in a good manager and actually back him, and we will be ok. Get some structure into the team, enact on a plan, and we will be ok.

But it won't take away from the fact that the decisions the club has taken this season have been, to be honest, embarrassing. Karlsen lays out all the reasons why there.

Oh, he's just the former sporting director and CEO at AS Moncao, scout for Watford, Grasshoppers, Bayer Leverkusen, Hannover and Zenit St. Petersburg, and football expert/analyzer for BBC, The Independent, The Times and Four Four Two. Nothing much, really. Just another bloke from the pub.

means nothing......does he have 7,911 posts on glory-glory.co.uk??

Ultimately, Paulinho and the other 6 signings could be turd. But it's highly unlikely that they all actually are. There's clearly a fundamental issue with our football here when players like Lennon, Dawson, Dembele, Sandro are suddenly all not even good enough for the championship.

I think TKK does such a great job in his tweets, that hardly anyone is disagreeing. It's succinct, and expresses how many Spurs fans have seen the issues at the club.

A lot of that stuff I and a few others on here have been saying for months. The club looks like it is going nowhere and Levy has steered a very poor ship this season. Bad decision after bad decision.

The thing is, we do have money to spend, and we do have a good squad. We bring in a good manager and actually back him, and we will be ok. Get some structure into the team, enact on a plan, and we will be ok.

But it won't take away from the fact that the decisions the club has taken this season have been, to be honest, embarrassing. Karlsen lays out all the reasons why there.

agree with this, am usually one of Levys biggest supporters but the way he handled AVB has left a bad taste - i don't agree with the more melodramatic posters on here - one season finish 6th is not setting us back years, the right appointment in the summer, a little bit of tweaking of the squad and we'll be back in there challenging for 4th.

I'd say that our mulleted DoF suggested Van Gaal, we went for Van Gaal, Van Gaal cannot be here until post World Cup, Sherwood was given a chance but has eviscerated it not necessarily with the results but more with his general behaviour/response under pressure, players know who's going and who's likely coming, players also know who's being sold and who isn't, the whole club is therefore spanning time until the summer…that being said, they need to ****ing well act like PROFESSIONALS, all of them, and do the BEST JOB THEY CAN BETWEEN NOW AND THEN! Plus I certainly hope, as I said elewhere, that Levy supports him as he wants to be supported and not as Levy intends to support him!

I'd say that our mulleted DoF suggested Van Gaal, we went for Van Gaal, Van Gaal cannot be here until post World Cup, Sherwood was given a chance but has eviscerated it not necessarily with the results but more with his general behaviour/response under pressure, players know who's going and who's likely coming, players also know who's being sold and who isn't, the whole club is therefore spanning time until the summer…that being said, they need to ****ing well act like PROFESSIONALS, all of them, and do the BEST JOB THEY CAN BETWEEN NOW AND THEN! Plus I certainly hope, as I said elewhere, that Levy supports him as he wants to be supported and not as Levy intends to support him!

Don't hold your breath on either of those.

Tor Kristian Karlsen has always seemed to me like a bit of a fraud. For some reason he keeps getting jobs aroudn Europe, but he never seems to hold them down for long. I have always wondered what his background is. How did he get into the game in the first place? He just seems to have popped up from nowhere and somehow created a name for himself. I don't know why his opinion should be valued more highly than the opinion of anyone else who watches a lot of football.

As for Paulinho, I have seen quite a lot of him by now, and he simply doesn't appear to be good at anything apart from occasionaly making well-timed runs into the penalty area. Okay, he can perhaps also on a rare occassion play a creative pass/through pass in the final third. That is where it stops. As a sitting midfielder he is useless as he doesn't have any of the attributes needed to fill that role. He is not a playmaker from a deep position. Most of the time he doesn't seem to want the ball at all, and when he does get it, he rarely knows what do with it. He can't set up attacks from that position. Defensively, he is also useless. He moves his feet slowly, he doesn't cover the right areas, he is phyiscally weak. He is simply useless.

And, yes, I have seen him play for Brazil too. I saw him play in the Condfederations Cup before joined us, and I was very sceptical about him then. He was the least impressive player for Brazil in that tournament along with Hulk, and he played very much in the same way he does for us.

Tor Kristian Karlsen has always seemed to me like a bit of a fraud. For some reason he keeps getting jobs aroudn Europe, but he never seems to hold them down for long. I have always wondered what his background is. How did he get into the game in the first place? He just seems to have popped up from nowhere and somehow created a name for himself. I don't know why his opinion should be valued more highly than the opinion of anyone else who watches a lot of football.

As for Paulinho, I have seen quite a lot of him by now, and he simply doesn't appear to be good at anything apart from occasionaly making well-timed runs into the penalty area. Okay, he can perhaps also on a rare occassion play a creative pass/through pass in the final third. That is where it stops. As a sitting midfielder he is useless as he doesn't have any of the attributes needed to fill that role. He is not a playmaker from a deep position. Most of the time he doesn't seem to want the ball at all, and when he does get it, he rarely knows what do with it. He can't set up attacks from that position. Defensively, he is also useless. He moves his feet slowly, he doesn't cover the right areas, he is phyiscally weak. He is simply useless.

And, yes, I have seen him play for Brazil too. I saw him play in the Condfederations Cup before joined us, and I was very sceptical about him then. He was the least impressive player for Brazil in that tournament along with Hulk, and he played very much in the same way he does for us.

Whatever you think of TKK, I think the points he raised in the original post are hard to disagree with. His opinion on Paulinho is just an opinion. Same as Tim Vickery or any other journalist or fan. We all have eyes, we know football and can judge for ourselves.

With that said, I don't think what we've seen of our magnificent 7 this season is any yardstick by which to measure their quality. The team has been all over the place. Lacking any conviction, purpose or strategy.

Didn't Paulinho win the third best player of that tournament?

Thanks King of NORWAY. Sounds like TKK failed in his jobs so has taken to being a twitter celeb instead. As for Paulinho winning 3rd best player, he scored a couple of winning tap ins, that's pretty much why. I watched every minute that he played and for me he was the least impressive Brazilian on the field. Wouldn't surprise me if they took the vote from twitter #isawpaulinhoscoretwicesohemustbegood

I don't think that it is a new problem this season. A clear strategy from the club would result in us having an established way of playing and recruiting managers and signing players to fit this. We don't have either.

Thanks King of NORWAY. Sounds like TKK failed in his jobs so has taken to being a twitter celeb instead. As for Paulinho winning 3rd best player, he scored a couple of winning tap ins, that's pretty much why. I watched every minute that he played and for me he was the least impressive Brazilian on the field. Wouldn't surprise me if they took the vote from twitter #isawpaulinhoscoretwicesohemustbegood

robbo is also from Norway iirc - so King of Norway has no monopoly on the correct opinion here

I wonder if you would be saying the same thing if he endorsed your point of view rather than contradicted it.

This isn't aimed at you specifically Rossi but I think conversation on here has really suffered from people coming to an opinion, making it on the board and then refusing to listen to anything that contradicts it. It completely kills discussion and makes many threads pointless.

Back