• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

You've only just reminded me of that goal to be honest.

Walker makes mistakes. He's more of an athlete than a footballer. He is sometimes out of position at the wrong times and can mess up the defensive line. His crossing and decision making needs to improve big time. And without fail, as surely as night follows day, he will give away a freekick in a stupid position every game that almost leads to a goal.

And despite all this, I like him and think he's good for the team. His pace allows him to get out of the situations he puts himself in more often than not (as well as situations that the other defenders put us in) , his pace and running must always make the other team's left side work hard and I think since that Liverpool game, he's improved both defensively and in an attacking sense.

We're probably not going to improve on his technique by now but he should be in after every training practising crossing, I think we can improve his decision making (part of the reason so many of his crosses hit the 1st man is that he often takes an extra touch or second to push the ball forward) and I think and hope we can make him more positionally reliable.

There are better rbs than him in the league for sure but I think he's nowhere near as bad as some on here are making him out to be and I also think he's improving.

How many of our other defenders have made as many mindless and costly mistakes as him? I think his 'wonder' goal in the NLD is the cause of a great deal of the love for him on here. It would seem it excuses a litany of flaws in the minds of some. Anyone who thinks Walker is any more than adequate has not watched much football in my view. Or maybe his critics live in a twin universe and are watching another **** version Walker.

This season I think Michael Dawson has made more costly mistakes than him.

Walker makes mistakes. He's more of an athlete than a footballer. He is sometimes out of position at the wrong times and can mess up the defensive line. His crossing and decision making needs to improve big time. And without fail, as surely as night follows day, he will give away a freekick in a stupid position every game that almost leads to a goal.

And despite all this, I like him and think he's good for the team. His pace allows him to get out of the situations he puts himself in more often than not (as well as situations that the other defenders put us in) , his pace and running must always make the other team's left side work hard and I think since that Liverpool game, he's improved both defensively and in an attacking sense.

We're probably not going to improve on his technique by now but he should be in after every training practising crossing, I think we can improve his decision making (part of the reason so many of his crosses hit the 1st man is that he often takes an extra touch or second to push the ball forward) and I think and hope we can make him more positionally reliable.

There are better rbs than him in the league for sure but I think he's nowhere near as bad as some on here are making him out to be and I also think he's improving.

I think both his passing and close control has improved since he first broke into our first team.

How many of our other defenders have made as many mindless and costly mistakes as him? I think his 'wonder' goal in the NLD is the cause of a great deal of the love for him on here. It would seem it excuses a litany of flaws in the minds of some. Anyone who thinks Walker is any more than adequate has not watched much football in my view. Or maybe his critics live in a twin universe and are watching another **** version Walker.

I knew you would bite :lol:

AVB's opinion will do for me.

Yep, Walker is still fairly young aand will become even better as he gets older. I love Dawson and his attitude but he gets away with murder with some fans because of who he is rather then how good he is.

I have no doubt that if Dawson was getting the stick the Walker is getting, you would get people claiming HE has been our best defender this season like some are with Walker.

I have no doubt that if Dawson was getting the stick the Walker is getting, you would get people claiming HE has been our best defender this season like some are with Walker.

But that is just the point, Dawson has made some bad mistakes this season and get nowhere near the stick Walker gets. The reason being is that lots of fans think he is Mr Tottenham and because of that he gets away with it.

I love Dawsons attitude and he would run through a brick wall for the shirt, but that should not be a reason to ignore his faults.

This season I think Michael Dawson has made more costly mistakes than him.

I think both his passing and close control has improved since he first broke into our first team.

I agree. I meant the Walker of this season. I don't think we're particularly going to see any real upgrades on his technique from now on. We can work on his concentration and ironing out silly mistakes and decisions.

But that is just the point, Dawson has made some bad mistakes this season and get nowhere near the stick Walker gets. The reason being is that lots of fans think he is Mr Tottenham and because of that he gets away with it.

I love Dawsons attitude and he would run through a brick wall for the shirt, but that should not be a reason to ignore his faults.

Of course Dawson has made mistakes. I accept some of the criticism of Walker is OTT, but some of it is warranted. But it's equally OTT for some to say he's been our best defender this season. Vertonghen has been our best defender.

Okay, let's look at this from another angle. How many goals has he prevented? Goal saving tackles, clearing headers, blocks? There are a few in this present team, who do not stand up to close scrutiny when it comes down to their direct input into results. I think Walker is one of them. Some of his supportes go on about how great he is going forard, but in what respect? Killer final ball in, crossing, scoring or what? I watch every week and do not see it. In fact I believe he was a major factor in the decline in Lennon's effectiveness, as he kept over lapping, when there was no need and all he succeeded in doing was taking up Lennon's forward space.

He has bags of talent, never gets injured either, when he starts to reach the age where he doesnt loses concentration I feel we will have a real player on our hands

Okay, let's look at this from another angle. How many goals has he prevented? Goal saving tackles, clearing headers, blocks? There are a few in this present team, who do not stand up to close scrutiny when it comes down to their direct input into results. I think Walker is one of them. Some of his supportes go on about how great he is going forard, but in what respect? Killer final ball in, crossing, scoring or what? I watch every week and do not see it. In fact I believe he was a major factor in the decline in Lennon's effectiveness, as he kept over lapping, when there was no need and all he succeeded in doing was taking up Lennon's forward space.

How many of those do most good full backs make across 7 games? Just so we have some basis for comparison...

I don't see a lot of people going on about how great he is going forward. In my opinion he's alright going forward, he's improved for sure. His crossing is getting better, although slowly, and his passing has also improved significantly. That includes him having played some very nice passes to the winger ahead of him.

Lennon has been consistently inconsistent for Spurs throughout his career. He was brilliant at the start of last season, if my memory serves me that was with Walker behind him.

The main problem for me with Walker is that he is consistently making the same mistakes, which is chiefly being caught out by a cross-field ball from the right midfielder/winger in behind him. He MUST learn to switch on before that ball is played.

Dawson is certainly far from smelling of roses this year either, but I think he gets away with it more that he makes different mistakes. For me, Walker hasn't shown the capacity to learn from his, which is worrying.

When we cement qualification for the knock out stages, how about trying Walker on the left and Naughton on the right in one of the dead rubbers?

This season? Well all of them have made more costly mistakes than him.

A gentle reminder of the scores in the game this season before WHU. I cannot bring myself to update my spreadsheet with that game.

PALACE 1-0
DINAMO TBILISI 5-0
SWANSEA 1-0
DINAMO TBILISI 3-0
ARSENAL 0-1
NORWICH 2-0
TROMSO 3-0
CARDIFF 1-0
ASTON VILLA 4-0
CHELSEA 1-1
ANZHI 2-0

How many of those do most good full backs make across 7 games? Just so we have some basis for comparison...

I don't see a lot of people going on about how great he is going forward. In my opinion he's alright going forward, he's improved for sure. His crossing is getting better, although slowly, and his passing has also improved significantly. That includes him having played some very nice passes to the winger ahead of him.

Lennon has been consistently inconsistent for Spurs throughout his career. He was brilliant at the start of last season, if my memory serves me that was with Walker behind him.

What have the last seven games got to do with it? I am referring to the last three season, not the last handful of games.

Indeed. He has to learn to have more patience in defensive situations, particularly. That thing he does, where an opponent has managed to screen the ball from him for two seconds, so he shoves them in the back and gives away a 20-yard free-kick is absolutely infuriating.

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial

We're delighted to announce that @KyleWalker2 has signed a new contract committing his future to the Club until 2019!

I'm glad he has signed a new deal. Has the potential to be one of the best. I have given him stick before but thats mainly because i know he can be better.

WhoScored.com @WhoScored

.@kylewalker2: Has had more touches of the ball than any other player in the Premier League this season (853)

Back