• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

View attachment 3434
Walker was great, capable of some of the most dramatic defending courtesy of his pace. He was however and likely always will be capable of some of the biggest brain farts known since Timothy Atouba and worst crosses since Lennon. I wish Walker all the best but in Poch we trust and if that means Trippier gets the job next season, I'm behind that. Having a guy on the right who can put the ball on a plate for Kane as opposed to behind for a goal kick is a good prospect.
Harsh. He was widely accepted as the best all round RB in the league for the last couple of seasons.

What are you on about mate, have I ever said a bad word about Trippier going forward?
Before the rumours came out that Walker wanted to go to City it was generally accepted by most people on this forum that he was the best right back / right wing back in the country. Now he is on the verge of leaving all of a sudden out comes the digs and Trippier is better at this and at that etc. I swear football fans can be so full of s-h-i-t-e sometimes.

I wish him well, I will applaud him when he plays against us and hope Trippier can step up.
I was amongst those you say are full of s-h-i-t-e for arguing Trippier is better 'at this and at that etc' as you put it. Well imo it must be you who is full of the brown stuff because anyone with any judgement can see that Tripps is clearly much better than Walker going forward. Nor is it only now that Walker is off that some of us are saying this, we have been repeating it over and over again for several months now.

Anyway let's take a deep breath shall we and discuss things a little more objectively. We both love Tottenham and want the best for the club. At the end of the day this whole thing is only about footballers we've probably never met face-to-face who kick a bag of wind about for gazzillions of dosh! :D

By Spurs fans. I'd rather have had Azpilicueta personally.
Not for me. And it is not just Rose tinted spectacles (see what I did there). For 2016 he was RB in most teams of the season (and there are a heap of them...google it), and he also made some 2017's team of the season too even though he did drop away in the later part of 2017 IMO. He is good and will be missed.

Not for me. And it is not just Rose tinted spectacles (see what I did there). For 2016 he was RB in most teams of the season (and there are a heap of them...google it), and he also made some 2017's team of the season too even though he did drop away in the later part of 2017 IMO. He is good and will be missed.

Agreed but same could be said about a whole load of players who left WHL. Walker wanted the move, he got it, Levy got a fine sum - Pep gets to play it out from the back with a fair element of danger, the world moves on.

50m seems too goddamn low. It really does. If that is true, we are giving away England's first-choice RB, and a man entering his prime footballing years at 27, for a fee which is probably far too cheap for this environment. To an oil-rich club which could offer to pay a lot more, and to a rival which will threaten us this coming season.

I wonder why we stuck to that number when it looked like we had City's oily balls in a vice given that they were rejected by an ageing Dani Alves just a couple of days ago. Either way, it's not a good sign - if the intention is to scare off domestic clubs from bidding for our players, it won't work with a fee that United (for example) won't even think twice about offering for all sorts of players not on Walker's level. And it kind of dents the image of Levy being a bloodcurdlingly good negotiator if he set a price and then stuck to it even when the market shifted to make that price look a bit cheap.

Also, I wonder what went on to make any (possibly) acceptance of 50m seem reasonable to Levy. In a market where Soton are demanding 70m from *any* club for a mediocre CB who was at one point memorably left for dead by Kane last season, and where Everton are being told to fork up 50m for Gylfi (by Swansea City - hardly rivals to Everton), selling our best RB to a rival for 50m...something must have gone down between Levy and Poch for that to be acceptable, imo.

If it is true, I'll go with Levy accepting to give Poch immediate money to start our recruitment process - we are the only club in the PL which hasn't yet brought in anyone this window, and that must have been a bit discomfiting for Poch, a man who likes his signings in for pre-season training where possible. That is the more charitable, wholesome view of accepting 50m now, and it fits given what we know about Levy's undisputed mastery of the art of the sale. But it still smarts a bit - losing players to a domestic rival for what they would think is a 'reasonable' fee is an invitation for these clubs to start trying to pillage us more thoroughly under the notion that we're 'reasonable'.

Trust all parties concerned mate. Your last line is, IMV, not true. It is the wages issue we need to keep a close eye on sadly...

Trust all parties concerned mate. Your last line is, IMV, not true. It is the wages issue we need to keep a close eye on sadly...

I do, but it grates, is all. Not least because I know that I'll see the 'selling club' jibe start popping up again across the web over the next few months - if we'd coldly excised 60m+ from the squealing Sheikh and his minions, that would sound stupid, but as it stands it'll be annoying to listen to.

Ah, well. As for the possibility of others coming in for our players because of this precedent, we have no way of knowing for sure in terms of cause and effect - but I suspect that cracking the door open just a little will invite the rats into the building all the same. Hopefully Levy keeps telling them to stay f*cked off, as he's (admirably, imv) done for the past seven-odd years.

A great servant and a good player. Good luck Kyle.
Best RB in the league, England's first choice? Yes but I think that says more about the level of the compitetion than of walker.

Yeah but how good does Rose look through Rose tinted spectacles?

Poch has never been interested in transfers, he's a coach. We need a DoF if we're going to start buying to try and grow again.
I disagree with you slightly here. My take on this whole transfer is that Poch wanted to take the 50 odd million for Walker as he feels he can put it to better use. I remember right at the end of last season Poch making a specific comment about us not selling any player we didn't WANT to sell. I thought that was quite telling.

As we all know our transfer budget is pretty limited currently due to our infrastructure projects being full steam ahead and none of the additional income yet landing. I think Pochettino feels that Walker for (say) both Perreira and Barkley would result in a positive net outcome for the squad with no net outlay (although the wage bill would admittedly increase). I know you don't rate Barkley GB, but I think ypu could end up being as wrong about him as you were Dembele and Alderweireld. All he currently lacks IMO is discipline in terms of his decision making. I think that cn easily be taught, especially in Pochettino's quite rigid tactical system.

50m seems too goddamn low. It really does.

If it is true, I'll go with Levy accepting to give Poch immediate money to start our recruitment process - we are the only club in the PL which hasn't yet brought in anyone this window, and that must have been a bit discomfiting for Poch, a man who likes his signings in for pre-season training where possible. That is the more charitable, wholesome view of accepting 50m now, and it fits given what we know about Levy's undisputed mastery of the art of the sale. But it still smarts a bit - losing players to a domestic rival for what they would think is a 'reasonable' fee is an invitation for these clubs to start trying to pillage us more thoroughly under the notion that we're 'reasonable'.

I really don't think that it is viewed as a reasonable fee by them. They didn't want to pay it and were negotiating for lower until the Alves thing broke. If they had got Alves, who knows whether they'd have ultimately gone as high as they have.

Azpilicueta was the best all round last season .

Why are you comparing a center back with a RB, if you wanted to compare Azpilcueta with his equivalent at Spurs it would be Dier when he plays on the right of a back 3, but then I think you already know this!

Back