• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Good; talented, skilful, clever
But lightweight and young

Looks good on youtube at youth level for Spurs and England
But at that level, Onomah looks like Pele

I thought Adam Smith looked a great prospect and would break into the first team
He has shown he can play at Prem level, but would we want to sign him?

Before that I thought Phil Ifil would be the next big thing.
Before that Luke Young...

Agree with that. Some people get far too excited about young players just because they're young. Its only when they've been in and around the first team for a year or two that you really know

I think he's going to be made a spacegoat and get some abuse from tonight. Thought he was fairly good on the ball although we kept losing it and he was well out of position. More to do with us losing the ball in the first place. Booking was ridiculous.

And Martin Tyler saying we've made it clear we'd accept the right bid for Walker. Must have missed that!

To be honest, Walker wasn't helped by how sh1t Toby was tonight. It's like they were dragging each other down in terms of performance. Very rare you see Toby play like he did tonight.
They also had a little heated chat early in the second half when it seemed like Walker didn't pass to Toby in their half of the pitch. Trouble at mill?

I think he's going to be made a escaped goat and get some abuse from tonight. Thought he was fairly good on the ball although we kept losing it and he was well out of position. More to do with us losing the ball in the first place. Booking was ridiculous.
I don't think he was that bad either. There was space behind him, but surely that was down how we played and not really Walker's fault. I'm sure he was told to go high up the pitch. On one occasion he didn't track back well enough, but otherwise he was okay.

He probably played our best two passes of the game, both in the second half. One when he seemed to be crowded out on the right flank and found Eriksen in space on the edge of the area. The other a wonderful through pass to Son who in turn found Eriksen who finished tamely.

He gets a lot of criticism in the match thread, but I think that all the recent speculation is making people see things that aren't necessarily there.

To be honest, Walker wasn't helped by how sh1t Toby was tonight. It's like they were dragging each other down in terms of performance. Very rare you see Toby play like he did tonight.

That cross which lead to the goal never gets in when both of them are there like they were. Toby missed him and Kyle stood off. Bizarre.

I don't think he was that bad either. There was space behind him, but surely that was down how we played and not really Walker's fault. I'm sure he was told to go high up the pitch. On one occasion he didn't track back well enough, but otherwise he was okay.

He probably played our best two passes of the game, both in the second half. One when he seemed to be crowded out on the right flank and found Eriksen in space on the edge of the area. The other a wonderful through pass to Son who in turn found Eriksen who finished tamely.

He gets a lot of criticism in the match thread, but I think that all the recent speculation is making people see things that aren't necessarily there.

One thing I could not help noticing was how little he was being used first-half as an option by his team mates. That was strange. His second-half pass inside the channel second-half was brilliant.

I hope Walker starts against Man Utd and everyone looks to put in a strong performance in our last ever game at White Hart Lane. Walker has played enough great football for us that he deserves to start that game.

He wasn't fantastic but is being made spacegoat tonight. Easy target.
He did some good things going forward, a couple of delightful passes. But he was exposed in a system that didnt help him. West Ham targetted the space behind him, and with our 2 man back line, it left us short. At the same time, it wasn't the Walker we have seen for much of this season.

That cross which lead to the goal never gets in when both of them are there like they were. Toby missed him and Kyle stood off. Bizarre.

IF anything, that goal was more down to Davies anyway - mystifying how badly he bottled that header and follow-up tackle.

IF anything, that goal was more down to Davies anyway - mystifying how badly he bottled that header and follow-up tackle.

Fair comment in a sense, Davies has never been a strong header of the ball and gets targeted because of that. But the initial cross does not usually get in with those two there.

He wasn't fantastic but is being made escaped goat tonight. Easy target.
He did some good things going forward, a couple of delightful passes. But he was exposed in a system that didnt help him. West Ham targetted the space behind him, and with our 2 man back line, it left us short. At the same time, it wasn't the Walker we have seen for much of this season.

Who specifically is making him the scape goat?

I think this is the point here.
Again, I have no doubt at all that he gave it his very very best. He always does. But right now, there's a lot going on in his world...

They also had a little heated chat early in the second half when it seemed like Walker didn't pass to Toby in their half of the pitch. Trouble at mill?

Poch has built a very, very tight, close dressing room. I am sure there have been some sentiments shared.

'lol not an "escaped goat"... a scape goat

Back