• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker-Peters

Imagine if KWP did that ridiculous dummy that Rose did in that game, inexplicably guessing that no one was behind him in an incredibly dangerous position. He thought he could do one of those dummy’s he does and then turn and race away on his left foot. If KWP did that we would never hear the end of it.

Or Sanchez against the goons at wembley when all was needed was a simple forward header, instead he somehow contrived to do an ultra downward header that presented the ball to lacazette to simply free ramsey for a one v one with lloris.

There were many other horror shows from many players during that horrendous run in, yet I dont see the focus on those individual calamities.....
It’s kinda why I raise it
I’m not a KWP fan. I don’t care who plays right back as long as there the best we have
But I think KWP is being remembered or highlighted for negatives thy actually didn’t happen

All players need a run of games to really settle into the team KWP has not had that so its no wonder he has struggled at times, now he may not get that chance to have that run of games. He has shown at times he is a good player but has made mistakes as well.

You could say the same about Aurier( not sure but i would be surprised if he has had more then a couple of games in a run).

I think that his biggest issue is that he hardly played any football in the last two years. No matter how good you are, that is going to stunt your development and make it difficult to put in performances when you are selected.

It’s kinda why I raise it
I’m not a KWP fan. I don’t care who plays right back as long as there the best we have
But I think KWP is being remembered or highlighted for negatives thy actually didn’t happen

I dont think he is, most are saying he is an unknown.

I am certainly not writing him off, its just a gamble

All players need a run of games to really settle into the team KWP has not had that so its no wonder he has struggled at times, now he may not get that chance to have that run of games. He has shown at times he is a good player but has made mistakes as well.

You could say the same about Aurier( not sure but i would be surprised if he has had more then a couple of games in a run).

Aurier had 3 starts in a week at the end of November (when Trippier was out with a groin strain) then picked up a groin injury too, which kept him out for the next month.

Otherwise Serge never started more than 2 matches in a row, as you said.

Hopefully one of KWP, Aurier or Foyth can establish themselves this season, as it seems like an age ago that our rightback was feared rather than targeted by opposing teams.

F78CBBD0-F66E-4799-B582-3E96658E8DE8.jpeg EDCACABD-A648-48F1-A96F-550895D04658.jpeg

9 appearances
7 wins
1 defeat
5 assists

Played vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine away twice
Sub appearance vs Leicester
Played vs Bournemouth at Wembley and got the hat trick of assists
Can’t find out anymore but clearly there are others

Admittedly KWP hasn’t played many games but from what I’ve seen so far if I’m brutally honest I don’t think he’s good enough. His lack of height will always be an issue and he’s not very quick either. If Rose leaves then we are left with 3 average full backs in terms of pace. As much as I would be thrilled to sign Duvall, full back is the position we are in dire need of strengthening, on both sides of the pitch if we want to compete for the title.

Admittedly KWP hasn’t played many games but from what I’ve seen so far if I’m brutally honest I don’t think he’s good enough. His lack of height will always be an issue and he’s not very quick either. If Rose leaves then we are left with 3 average full backs in terms of pace. As much as I would be thrilled to sign Duvall, full back is the position we are in dire need of strengthening, on both sides of the pitch if we want to compete for the title.

Height doesn’t bother me. Can’t say I can think of a tall great full back
The issue he has is he doesn’t excel at anything so far and it’s key to have one or two big things to be good at

Height doesn’t bother me. Can’t say I can think of a tall great full back
The issue he has is he doesn’t excel at anything so far and it’s key to have one or two big things to be good at

Thuram and Maldini spring to mind as greats whilst Ziege and Corluka were pretty handy for us but yeah not many top drawer full backs over 6’ tall.

Also not convinced that KWP is going to establish himself but guess at 22 years old he’s still younger than Rose was before he established himself, so fingers crossed.

Good player but has a problem with pacy opponents. This was a weakness vs Southampton last season and I thought it was a one off. It wasn't.

Good player but has a problem with pacy opponents. This was a weakness vs Southampton last season and I thought it was a one off. It wasn't.

He is not slow but as i said elsewhere he switches off at times and because of that he can get caught out.

He's not a wing back, which is going to hurt him in this side. I think he's got the makings of a very solid fullback, but he lacks the attacking ability of his peers. He's got really good footwork, something that struck me when I first saw him playing for the U18's. IMO he'd be great if we had him tucked in alongside the CM's with a winger holding the width on the flank.

Back