• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Naughton ***official sold to Swansea***

Re: Kyle Naughton

He has done well in both games for me, a much better back up for Benny then Rose will ever be.

Agreed. He's had decent games. We're not talking about challenging the starter(s) by a long way, but he filled in and helped get the results. Reliable, non-flashy replacements are often underrated.

Just wanted to give a special mention to Naughton who I think as a whole has been very good this season. I for one doubted he was ever going to break into our first team now very thankful we didn't sell him. 8m for him and Walker was it? excellent business as I think they are combined worth at least double that now.

Just wanted to give a special mention to Naughton who I think as a whole has been very good this season. I for one doubted he was ever going to break into our first team now very thankful we didn't sell him. 8m for him and Walker was it? excellent business as I think they are combined worth at least double that now.

Yep, think he's done really well when it didn't really look like they were both going to come good.

Thought it was an odd transfer at the time but as you said, 8m for the pair is pretty fudging good, and they seem like good lads as well.

Yep he's been good whenever he's been called upon bar the Gooner game where he was terrible at best. I like him though and he appears to have a brain too (unlike Walker who relies more on raw ability). With Walker, Naughton, and Rose it's good to have a very good crop of young full backs (can't judge Smith as i haven't seen him much at all).

KN played well v Fulham at RB, which is his favoured position. I'd be happy if he plays there v pana or everton, maybe even both.

He has done well in both games for me, a much better back up for Benny then Rose will ever be.

Not so sure on that. When he pulls off man of the match like performances at Anfield and the Etihad he can be considered a better back up. Better back up at right back maybe which is his natural position but not better than Rose.

If we're not confident with naughton at lb, count me as one, should we stick verts there till benny's back ? Naughton can cover for walker instead ? It's a position that concerns me, no natural cover for benny. And can't blame naughton for his lack of fitting in at lb, he'll be ripped a new one against a decent rw player.

Yep, we have to stick with JV at Everton, and hope BAE is ready for the Swansea game, if not JV again.

I'd like us to get in a defender in January who can play LB and somewhere else as well, thus allowing JV more time at CB, and cover for BAE and whatever other position the player can cover for.

Yep, we have to stick with JV at Everton, and hope BAE is ready for the Swansea game, if not JV again.

I'd like us to get in a defender in January who can play LB and somewhere else as well, thus allowing JV more time at CB, and cover for BAE and whatever other position the player can cover for.

Sebastian Bassong.. oh wait.

Not trying to defend Naughton's display vs. Pana, but I do think it's worth a mention that Naughton actually still contributed a lot from a stats perspective, and not the defensive blackhole we remembered. His def stats recorded by Whoscored were not too shabby. If only there's a category for mistakes made too.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/66...ropa-League-2012-2013-Tottenham-Panathinaikos

Dear Santa all I want for Christmas is an end to Bassong jokes. And world peace and scarlet johanssen.

Dear Santa all I want for Christmas is an end to Bassong jokes. And world peace and scarlet johanssen.

Bassong has done superbly for us, he scored against Everton and Swansea...oops...

I guess you should just ask for world peace, it's the easiest request for Santa.

Back