• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Naughton ***official sold to Swansea***

Re: The Official Kyle Naughton Thead

Chiriches can play right back. gets him out of the cb firing line. will probably have to do this until Walker's back or we get Yedlin in January...whichever comes first.

He may enjoy playing rb a lot more than cb, he can cover rb for europa league, he will have to I think.

No thanks

He isn't out for 3 months.... It's a bruised shin and they need to let swelling die down a bit more to see if any hairline fractures.

This is spurs so I'll prob wake up and he will be a double Amputee

He isn't out for 3 months.... It's a bruised shin and they need to let swelling die down a bit more to see if any hairline fractures.

This is spurs so I'll prob wake up and he will be a double Amputee
I shouldn't have laughed at that but I did.

Would have got really good odds on that .. they were both dire at times last season.

Question is, is that Poch, or just playing time that has allowed them to up their game so much?

Yeah that's a good question I would hope to think Poch has helped them develop but who knows

With Fredericks, I'd assume there is a clause in the loan agreement which would likely stop him returning until January at the earliest. Pritchard has a similar one IIRC in his loan agreement with Brentford. If we are really struggling then perhaps Kaboul would be forced out there with Fazio being deployed centrally. Walker-Peters is probably too young to be considered for such a role unless we were up against a really terrible team in Europe.

Kyle Naughton is to join Swansea in January, once DeAndre Yedlin has joined the squad.

Kyle Naughton is to join Swansea in January, once DeAndre Yedlin has joined the squad.

lg_hp-sauce-big.jpg

Thought he had another solid game today. seemed to be the only one willing to put a foot in. I thought his red was harsh too, It clearly wasn't a goal scoring opportunity, heck he wasnt even last man.

Looks like Dier at right back.

Thought he had another solid game today. seemed to be the only one willing to put a foot in. I thought his red was harsh too, It clearly wasn't a goal scoring opportunity, heck he wasnt even last man.

Looks like Dier at right back.

Just seen the footage of the Red; it was a cynical challenge and deserved a red, but he had no choice as if Moses had got away they would have been 2 v 1.

Blame Mason for losing it where he did of anything

Just seen the footage of the Red; it was a cynical challenge and deserved a red, but he had no choice as if Moses had got away they would have been 2 v 1.

oh he knew exactly what he was doing.. but it wasn't "dirty" to warrant a straight red, it wasn't a "clear goalscoring opportunity" to warrant a red and he wasnt the "last man".

Definitely one of the better players this season.

Ironically, he could very well be moved on in january, if we bring forward the signing of Yedlin and Walker makes a succesful comeback.

Mason was blindsided by a smart tackle by Moses who took a gamble on just that side that he would turn ... now this is the kind of smart pressing that i like from a player rather than the top-speed-at-third-gear pressing that poch has got our boys doing to cover every blade of the ground twice.

The problem is the position of the fullbacks - same as earlier goal - the fullbacks need to be more conservatively positioned and ready to sprint back to defend the space behind them. Poch has our fullbacks thinking about going forwards 90% of the time that they are beginning to forget that they are defenders.

True, it was a smart press indeed. Maybe we saw of glimpse of this smart press for Chadli's goal at Arsenal...here's hoping that was actually a glimpse and not an anomaly...

Or Walker who should be match ready after the international break. Anywho I'd agree with you about Naughton. The lad had a good game today and held his own against Moses quite often, constantly getting a toe to the ball.

Moses was excellent today and tore him apart a lot but he had no options to help him our defensively or attack wise and his limitations were shown

The red card was the right decision and he had to take one for the team

He is a decent enough 2nd choice but this season he has been first choice pretty much and it's showing up the lack of penetration from his side going forward and his exposure to real pace like today

Moses was excellent because he was given the space to get on his strong side without challenge.

To defend against moses you need a RB who is ready to be in position to just run with him into the corner flag - that's all.

The way we're playing even I could be getting in behind the defence and getting a cross over before Naughton can reach me!

Poch needs to stop thinking that he's the best manager in the world emplaying a bleeding edge philosophy .... or is this his shop window moment too ?

Back