• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Knee jerk thread,

Indeed. Serious relegation fears/AVB is a taco/players are tossers/club is brick, etc, etc...

no one is really saying that though are they?

i find that the is a group of fans who like to have a pop at other fans who are in anyway critical, as if that makes them a better fan. Todays match i thought especailly second half was bad and that AVB did a number of things wrong like he has in a lot of games this season.

The difference is, he is in possession of all the facts!
I enjoy debating and discussion, but I'm sorry, half of what went down in the match thread today was neither, it was just mindless slagging and statements of "fact"...

I agree with the second part of your comments. There is a difference between scrutinising and plain stupidity. A difference between Constructive criticism and well.. un-constructive criticism. Some times we let our emotions get in the way (im guilty of that) but for the best part most are criticisng the performance and I see a trend of the 45 minute performances and difference between the home and away performances. Im not criticisng AVB but he needs to do something to sort it out because our luck runs out soon and we will find ourselves losing games from winning situations.

no one is really saying that though are they?

i find that the is a group of fans who like to have a pop at other fans who are in anyway critical, as if that makes them a better fan. Todays match i thought especailly second half was bad and that AVB did a number of things wrong like he has in a lot of games this season.

being critical of a performance is fine - some are just trying to get people to have a little fudging perspective - new manager, lots of upheaval, more than half the team has changed from last season, our 3 most influential players from the past two seasons not being here etc etc it's quite clear that things will take time to click in to place and i think if you were to look back over the posting on the board over the summer a huge % of people were predicting exactly this, it's no fudging surprise to me that's for sure - in fact im very impressed that we find ourselves as high as we are. some people are reading way too much in to things at what is a very early stage of the new regime and one where there is going to be inconsistency - trying to predict trouble ahead is a self fulfilling prophecy as things will not always go to plan and you can just turn around and say "told you so"

Last edited:
Tell me something

Would you not be concerned if AVB does not scrutinise each performance whether it is a win, loss or draw? Or would you be happy if AVB just threw the tapes of each win and simply had an easy weeks training because we won?

Unless you have inside info on what he does after games then I'm not sure where you're going with this?

jake fudging livermore. hes just not up to our standards... its a shame because by all accounts he has a spot on attitude

Exactly and i think he should now only play as a right back he did well there in the cup i seem to remember last year, but in midfield he gives the ball away to easily and that puts us under pressure and it is usually when the other team are trying to get back into the game. Why avb can not see this i do not know.

But of course unless you blindly follow the leader then your a fool who does not know football. Doess not mean your a turncoat if you try and evaluate the guy and his actions, seems the most obvious thing in the world to me. I guess we have a lot of religious people on the board today who just want to blindly follow the party line.

AVB gets to the end of the season but i have got to say again the aare some red lights flashing and i will be interested to see if we have the same problems as a team in May.

No problems with saying well done to the fella if we are playing well by then, why would i? anything that is good for tottenham is good for me. But i now have reservation about the guy and i was a blank canvas when he came in.

Unless you have inside info on what he does after games then I'm not sure where you're going with this?

What im going with this is we, on this forum, are doing the same. It appears that on here some think if we win we cant be critical of performances. Like I told Steff there is a difference between telling AVB to fudge off for example

Results so far have flattered our actual performance levels massively and the fixture list has been exceedingly kind to us so far. If the performance levels don't improve soon then it's inevitable our run of positive results will come to an end and we'll go on a bad run at some stage this season (not really sure this is kneejerk though, as it's an actual fact).

Lloris, Kaboul, BAE, Dembele, Ade and possibly Parker is a lot of our best 11 to be missing from the side.

I think you're twisting facts to suit your argument. Our best current XI with the current squad is a 442.

Friedel
Walker (although I'd like to see Naughton given a go now)
Dawson (not being picked for some reason)
Verts
Ekotto
Lennon
Sandro
Huddlestone
Bale
Ade
Defoe

Today three of them players weren't in the starting XI.

I think you're twisting facts to suit your argument. Our best current XI with the current squad is a 442.

Friedel
Verts
Ekotto
Lennon
Sandro
Huddlestone
Bale
Ade
Defoe

i would possibly have dembele in there ahead of huddlestone and kaboul ahead of dawson though the iss not much in that

agree with it on the whole though.

i would possibly have dembele in there ahead of huddlestone and kaboul ahead of dawson though the iss not much in that

agree with it on the whole though.

Personally I think that for the team to be successful we need someone in midfield who can spray it around a bit. Ideally in the modern game that player is actually a forward who drops deep, but in my opinion Ade, Defoe, Dempsey and Sigurdsson don't have the skillset to do it. Therefore Huddlestone is crucial to us at the moment.

I don't get why AVB keeps taking off Hudd when we're under pressure when the only player to bring on is Livermore.

Was watching Dortmund vs Real this midweek, the instant Dortmund scored their 2-1 goal their manager Klopp pointed to the technically very good Gundogan and brought him on for one of the two more traditional defensive midfielders they started the game with (Bender iirc). Logic being that you know you're going to be put under pressure, you need someone who is good on the ball so you can relieve some of that pressure, set up counter attacks and keep possession under pressure.

Taking off the best passer we had on the pitch just invites more pressure. We do miss Dembele rather desperately and if AVB can't trust Hudd more than he does then we have to bring in another central play maker in January.

Friedel
Verts
Ekotto
Lennon
Sandro
Huddlestone
Bale
Ade
Defoe

With our current squad that line up is way off the mark, with our current FIT squad you might be nearer the mark.

4 or 5 players who would normally be starting are injured and we're still sitting in 4th I can't see any cause for complaint, if you think style and execution are what get you points then watch diving or ice dancing, we're winning by scoring more than the opposition, the ONLY thing that counts.

Results so far have flattered our actual performance levels massively and the fixture list has been exceedingly kind to us so far. If the performance levels don't improve soon then it's inevitable our run of positive results will come to an end and we'll go on a bad run at some stage this season (not really sure this is kneejerk though, as it's an actual fact).

hyperbole pure and simple - we have, mostly been getting exactly what we should have from our games this season.

nice to have you back btw

hyperbole pure and simple - we have, mostly been getting exactly what we should have from our games this season.

You really think so? We've played some weak teams and been made to look very ordinary too often. Today was another example. We were outplayed by QPR, Norwich and Reading. I don't really think we've played at all well yet.

With our current squad that line up is way off the mark, with our current FIT squad you might be nearer the mark.

4 or 5 players who would normally be starting are injured and we're still sitting in 4th I can't see any cause for complaint, if you think style and execution are what get you points then watch diving or ice dancing, we're winning by scoring more than the opposition, the ONLY thing that counts.

That is where you and I will fundamentally disagree then. I'm a great believer in that over a longer period performances will marry up to results, but in the short term you can play well and lose and play poorly and win for a few games.

You really think so? We've played some weak teams and been made to look very ordinary too often. Today was another example. We were outplayed by QPR, Norwich and Reading. I don't really think we've played at all well yet.

2MopR.jpg

Yeah, sure looks like it.

I don't get why AVB keeps taking off Hudd when we're under pressure when the only player to bring on is Livermore.

Was watching Dortmund vs Real this midweek, the instant Dortmund scored their 2-1 goal their manager Klopp pointed to the technically very good Gundogan and brought him on for one of the two more traditional defensive midfielders they started the game with (Bender iirc). Logic being that you know you're going to be put under pressure, you need someone who is good on the ball so you can relieve some of that pressure, set up counter attacks and keep possession under pressure.

Taking off the best passer we had on the pitch just invites more pressure. We do miss Dembele rather desperately and if AVB can't trust Hudd more than he does then we have to bring in another central play maker in January.

All I can think of is Hudd isn't fit. But it could be that AVB simply doesn't rate him that much. He wanted to sell him earlier this season to Stoke. The subs today were bizarre though. You're under pressure and need an outball with pace so you take Defoe off and put Dempsey up top on his own? You are losing the midfield battle so you put on Sigurdsson who is powderpuff defensively. In the dying moments you take off your only forward and throw on a third central defender to play 5-5-0? I haven't seen this sort of strangeness since Ramos!

Back