• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kit Thread

I just dislike the fact we are now sponored by a budget white goods and electronics manufacturer.

They're part of the Koc Holding Group - Turkey's largest industrial conglomerate and the only one listed in Fortune Global 500 list

Not exactly small, mate

Last edited:
In terms of revenue figures - it would be the equivalent of being sponsored by Lufthansa or Coca-Cola

And it would most likely mean signing a Turkish player - Arda anyone? Atletico never made the CL spots this year

Last edited:
It could be worse people... thank your lucky stars we're not Cardiff fans... there'd be total fudging meltdown on here if this happened!!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footba...66-31121983/2/#sitelife-commentsWidget-bottom

I am absolutely astonished they are following through with this plan. The crest is being significantly changed too, and as far as I can see the motto "Fire and Passion" is brand new. Thought up in a Malaysian boardroom probably. I actually think it's pretty offensive - a sort of stereotyping of a cliche about Wales. Incredible stuff.

All these foreign owners should be banned.

I assume you're being sarcastic??

Funnily enough, I had a similar conversation with a friend who 'blanketed' all foreign owners of football clubs as bad things for the game, but really, let's face it, without MUCH foreign investment, the game would've died YEARS ago... I think the point is; it's your money, pump it into whatever club you deem fit, but don't fudge about with the kit!!

Funnily enough, I had a similar conversation with a friend who 'blanketed' all foreign owners of football clubs as bad things for the game, but really, let's face it, without MUCH foreign investment, the game would've died YEARS ago... I think the point is; it's your money, pump it into whatever club you deem fit, but don't fudge about with the kit!!

foreigners are the only suckers who want to invest in football. our own suckers got wise years ago

To be honest I don't think there should be any outside investment in football. Sponsors we'll just have to live with, but I want it to be a sport again.

To be honest I don't think there should be any outside investment in football. Sponsors we'll just have to live with, but I want it to be a sport again.

Sadly those days are gone... I doubt there are more than a handful of clubs who could survive for long without ANY outside investment... let alone the foreign variety!

The Cardiff owner has just saved them and given them a comfortable future, and at what cost? A red kit, and new badge...If Swansea wore red i'd understand, but they dont. The people complaining are ungrateful, and/or incredibly stupid.

Sadly those days are gone... I doubt there are more than a handful of clubs who could survive for long without ANY outside investment... let alone the foreign variety!

Then they'll just have to learn to survive and I'm not just talking about the English clubs.

The Cardiff owner has just saved them and given them a comfortable future, and at what cost? A red kit, and new badge...If Swansea wore red i'd understand, but they dont. The people complaining are ungrateful, and/or incredibly stupid.

You haven't seen Swansea's new away kit then..........

Cardiff fans were up in arms about this last month but when they realised how much debt they are in,they'e accepted it because if they didn't another Portsmouth would have happened.

thats not correct. If the club is now safe, the price is a new shirt etc, then what of the club has been saved exactly? Its the end of a club and the start of a new one. And more importanly its pointless changing the club colours. To what reason? Its inexplicable. There simply is no reason, apart from ending association of the club and starting a new one and rebranding the club and selling it to whoever, new fans, more families instead of the traditional support which does have the image problem. The intention is to sideline those fans because of their reputation. So the club hasnt been saved at all! What has happened is the fans are forced to accept a new era, a new club, forced out by marketing to new fans, new markets etc.

its economic breeding, where you breed out the old, non profit making fans, in exchange for more shirt-purchase prone, more dare I say gullible supporter.

I think we were doing just fine and dandy with the shedloads coming in from Sky. The Premiership was booming, and as a league we were starting to attract the best players, before the likes of Abrahamovich, Lerner, New York Yankees. I think you will always have a couple of monsters who no-one else can compete with, if they come in for one of your players then the lure is too much. Clubs richer than others. Blackburn did what City are doing now years ago, but under a British boss.

But agree with your sentiments on the second part, somethings about a club can't be bought. Total shame on the owners. Let's just hope the fans refuse to buy the red shirt.

1655l-1.jpg

I would like to know why they have gone Red and added a dragon.

Why the need to change it.

They superstitious or something.

Next they will do away with kit numbers that have 4 in them

^Fulham's kit is atrocious. So glad we are done with Kappa I hated those kits and they looked even worse on the average fan

Back