• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

King, Modric and Bale

Lloris, Verts and Sandro aren't far off that level, and the two Eriks could get there in time too.
Sandro needs to stay fit for long enough to be judged in that class, Vertonghen yes, Eriksen maybe, Lamela has shown nothing to suggest he will ever be in this class.

Not disputing that Levy should have invested. Doesn't change my mind that we underachieved with that side. That's not a dig at Redknapp. Well maybe a fair bit with that second half of the season. But also the players.

There are many reasons why we didn't even get near in the end. Important reasons that are massively part of the reason why teams win championships. But I'm looking at the talent and the balance that the side had.

We had talent in defence and midfield, but as we all know we had strikers whose form was either streaky or completely goal shy. I know all strikers go on lean spells but ours really knew how to stink the place out at times. Defoe regularly went months without scoring, ditto Adebayor, Crouch and Pav. I think Levy finally realised this last summer hence splashing out on Soldado.

And then we come to the goalkeeper, Gomes won us many games at times, but he also cost results in at least 5 or 6 games during our CL season with some laughable errors.

Those two areas more than most cost us regular CL football and there was only so much Redknapp/AVB could do about it.

I'm missing those players and that era more than ever before... :(

As well as our comparative lack of success and style on the pitch now, I just don't feel a connection with the players - we've lost the likes of King, Dawson, Ekotto, Hudd, Modric, Bale, Defoe - players who'd been around for a long time - and most of our current crop have joined us in just the last 2.5 years and from a different country. It doesn't feel like Spurs to me currently - it largely just feels like a random collection of foreign players who happen to be wearing the shirt.

Most out of love I've felt with the club in recent memory :(

Anyone else feel the same?

EDIT: Plus our failure to break the top 4 has also entrenched my hatred of the financial inequality in modern football. Of course Chelsea are the favourites to win the league, when they've bought the best manager in the world and bought Costa, Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Fabregas and Matic as their 'front 6', with an average fee of £30m+. Who can compete with that outside of Man C and Man U? It's a joke.

Last edited:
I've been out of love with football before, but fell back in love soon enough. I agree though, the high turnover of players is a big part of the problem. We don't expect to keep anyone half decent these days and it's why Kane has become the Messiah, he's a youth product who we know will want to stay, but has also been here years.

Elltrev - that's exactly how I feel. My eyes just glaze over watching the current team, I can't feel anything even when we score or concede, never known anything like this.

We've done irreparable damage to the natural evolution of a team with the number of players in/out over the last few years. No veteran one club man, no Perryman or Mabbutt.

We have no philosophy, we don't stand for anything.

Usual trick of a new manager and a few new players isn't going to cut it this time. I think we've had as good as we're going to get in our lifetimes with Bale and Harry.

Wolves, Forest, Leeds, Spurs...

Villa will be next then it'll be us. This is what happens when like clockwork your chairman who is a greedy **** sells your best players and replaces with inferior crap your manager doesn't want. Only going one way and that is backwards. Fast.

yes, we have no identity anymore, Ledley was our leader, Dawson despite his inadequacies loved putting on our shirt, VDV loved this club, youth team products like Rose and Mason dont have that desire others have had. And we've got a lot of foreign mercenaries who are just picking up paychecks.

Elltrev - that's exactly how I feel. My eyes just glaze over watching the current team, I can't feel anything even when we score or concede, never known anything like this.

We've done irreparable damage to the natural evolution of a team with the number of players in/out over the last few years. No veteran one club man, no Perryman or Mabbutt.

We have no philosophy, we don't stand for anything.

Usual trick of a new manager and a few new players isn't going to cut it this time. I think we've had as good as we're going to get in our lifetimes with Bale and Harry.

Wolves, Forest, Leeds, Spurs...

I agree with all that apart from the last few things you said, we will never do a Leeds with Levy in charge.

yes, we have no identity anymore, Ledley was our leader, Dawson despite his inadequacies loved putting on our shirt, VDV loved this club, youth team products like Rose and Mason dont have that desire others have had. And we've got a lot of foreign mercenaries who are just picking up paychecks.

Why do you think Mason dosnt have any desire?

I'm missing those players and that era more than ever before... :(

As well as our comparative lack of success and style on the pitch now, I just don't feel a connection with the players - we've lost the likes of King, Dawson, Ekotto, Hudd, Modric, Bale, Defoe - players who'd been around for a long time - and most of our current crop have joined us in just the last 2.5 years and from a different country. It doesn't feel like Spurs to me currently - it largely just feels like a random collection of foreign players who happen to be wearing the shirt.

Most out of love I've felt with the club in recent memory :(

Anyone else feel the same?

EDIT: Plus our failure to break the top 4 has also entrenched my hatred of the financial inequality in modern football. Of course Chelsea are the favourites to win the league, when they've bought the best manager in the world and bought Costa, Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Fabregas and Matic as their 'front 6', with an average fee of £30m+. Who can compete with that outside of Man C and Man U? It's a joke.

This, this, this and this. Exactly how I feel. It's a load of randomers and not good ones at that. It really is depressing watching us play like in the Ramos days but without that connection we had with most of that squad.

Capello resigned after the FA sacked Terry as captain

Sent from my iPad using Fapatalk

Think the king of what ifs then is what if Terry didn't put his dingdong in Wayne Bridges missus. Another reason to hate him now. Danchev.

I agree with all that apart from the last few things you said, we will never do a Leeds with Levy in charge.

Erm...I think he means get relegated, not go into administration.

I'm numb too. It's f@cking horrible, I seriously feel like I have fallen out as well but fear I might not fall back in love with the club.

It's not the form that worries me, it really is watching them play, it's just awful. At times you can see glimpses of Poch's ideas working but most of the time you just see 11 players who either don't like each other or just don't want to be there.

Seeing that clip of Verts and Ade warming up/moaning on MOTD2 tonight really worried me, the last time I saw that kind of body language/questioning/strop was Henry and Anelka warming up during one of France's WC matches in South Africa :(

Whether Poch makes it or not you can't blame him for this, I think recently it has dawned on just how much of a mess we are in.

Back