• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

Things like this were written about Sissoko a year or so ago and the posters were castigated for bullying and undermining his confidence and here we are with the Sissoko supporters doing the same thing to Trippier as they so vehemently attacked others for doing to Sissoko

If I was a millennial, GenZ or scouser I’d be putting a hashtag here about double standards

There is a big difference between having a go at a player on a football forum like this and, mocking, ironic jeering and slagging a player off during a match. Al of the above happened to Sissoko but not Tfippier. And those that did Sissoko stick on this forum had good reason, he was poor for a very long time before he turned his game around. That is not double standards

we could do with a RB who can look competent against likes of Mane and Sane next season.
Not that I disagree with that, but who would that be? I don't know what his disciplinary issues are, but Sané is ridiculously good and I'd have him at Spurs in a heartbeat. If he can be a good boy, of course.

Not that I disagree with that, but who would that be? I don't know what his disciplinary issues are, but Sané is ridiculously good and I'd have him at Spurs in a heartbeat. If he can be a good boy, of course.

How did Trippier do in the home of the CL vs City... he was very good and was up against great players

Not saying he is the answer but he isn’t as bad as some performances have been

How did Trippier do in the home of the CL vs City... he was very good and was up against great players

Not saying he is the answer but he isn’t as bad as some performances have been
I've never said I think Trippier is bad. In fact, I trust him more than Aurier, albeit for different reasons. But he didn't go up against Sané for more than 5 minutes or so?

So would i, he is a great player.
He wasn't picked for the WC either, so there has to be more to him not figuring in every game than Sterling's surge in form. That, plus that they already have a squad good enough to mount a challenge lingering in the B-team, of course.

He wasn't picked for the WC either, so there has to be more to him not figuring in every game than Sterling's surge in form. That, plus that they already have a squad good enough to mount a challenge lingering in the B-team, of course.

You could be right, maybe he has a attitude problem.

You could be right, maybe he has a attitude problem.
I don't know for sure, I only read some reports before the World Cup, but they were obviously not very forthcoming with specifics. But you don't sideline a player of his calibre if everything's shiny, if there's not something underlying. A case for Poch if there ever was one!

Thought he played ok yesterday. A rare bright spark.

Yep, I thought he looked a lot better and was playing well. Level of opposition taken into account of course.
What I did like was after Foyth went off, Trippier was rallying the players and giving out instructions whilst waiting for play to re-start. It was good to see him taking charge.
(Then the camera panned out wider and showed Dele having a bit of a laugh with Calum Wilson. Just a snapshot in time but a bit unfortunate . I also thought Dele had a much better game yesterday).
I've quite liked Trippier but he has had a shocker this season. Whatever qualities he has, I think he has passed his peak with us and it's time for him to move on.

Napoli head coach Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed his interest in signing Tottenham right-back Kieran Trippier this summer.

The England international has struggled for consistency this season after a strong showing at the World Cup.

And Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is prepared to listen to offers for Trippier, whose wife was reportedly spotted in Naples last week, fuelling talk of a move to Italy.

Napoli are also believed to have won the race to sign Hirving Lozano from PSV, with a €40m move in the offing.

Ancelotti has since reaffirmed his interest in both players, with the Italian quoted as saying by Goal.com: "Lozano and Trippier are among those that Napoli are following, I can confirm that.

"I can say that both are among the ones we are evaluating and therefore, being honest, I can only confirm my appreciation. Now we must proceed with the various steps [towards a transfer].

"The club and I want to improve the overall quality of the team and our ability to know how to read some moments of the games. These are the type of players we are looking for.”

However, one player Napoli won’t be moving for is Chelsea and Arsenal target Nicolo Barella with Ancelotti pouring cold water on reports linking the Serie A side with a move for the Cagliari youngster.

"He always has our appreciation, because he is a great footballer. But now he is not among those we are looking at,” Ancelotti added.

He's had a poor season and if the money is right it would be a good time to move him on. I would prefer to see a stronger defensive fullback and neither of our other options have shown that when playing.

The Trippier-Napoli thing seems a good deal from all 3 sides. He needs a fresh start, we need a quicker more aggressive RB, and Napoli would be getting a strong player who would add a lot to their side.

Something like £15-20m to put towards Wan-Bissaka or Aarons would be nice

Back