• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Keep St George in my heart

southstand1882

Mitchell Thomas
stgeorgesdayPA_468x374.jpg

ENGLAND

The greatest country on Earth

I think England is a great country with a great history time to remember our amazing culture and history and tolerance, i would mention sport but if redknapp gets the england job then i don't think we have anything to be proud of this summer.

Happy St georges day for Monday fellas.

Never understood why our patron saint is a guy from Syria. Understand even less why we English care more about about St pats day.

Happy St George's Day

Dont celebrate being English too much, you dont want to upset those immigrants !!!!

I had a big lunch planned today, but have had a sickness bug all weekend so thats put paid to that unfortunately...

I know how much some of you want to believe that the only reason we don't celebrate this or that you're not allowed to put up the St George's flag (apparently!) is because those bloody immigrants would get offended.

So, to give some happiness to you, and back up your completely unsubstantiated claims, I would just like to say this day is a grave offence to me and I order you to stop celebrating it. Thanks.

I know how much some of you want to believe that the only reason we don't celebrate this or that you're not allowed to put up the St George's flag (apparently!) is because those bloody immigrants would get offended.

So, to give some happiness to you, and back up your completely unsubstantiated claims, I would just like to say this day is a grave offence to me and I order you to stop celebrating it. Thanks.

:lol:

Meant to do to lock fitting jobs today but on account of i have just woken up with a nasty hangover, 9 empty beer bottles on the dinning room table(wtf) and a bottle of red wine. I aint doing nothing today but watching old only fools and horses DVD's and maybe attempt to go out late afternoon.

Suppose i should watch some shakespeare and look at turner paintings and go for some fish and chips. But my stomach does not feel right.

Still not had any asparagus yet this year, might do that later, always thought of it as an english vegetable, not sure why and im probably completely wrong.

:lol:

Meant to do to lock fitting jobs today but on account of i have just woken up with a nasty hangover, 9 empty beer bottles on the dinning room table(wtf) and a bottle of red wine. I aint doing nothing today but watching old only fools and horses DVD's and maybe attempt to go out late afternoon.

Suppose i should watch some shakespeare and look at turner paintings and go for some fish and chips. But my stomach does not feel right.

Still not had any asparagus yet this year, might do that later, always thought of it as an english vegetable, not sure why and im probably completely wrong.

Nah, give yourself a day off mate, you deserve it. Surely the wife had some of that as well? That's quite an effort otherwise. ;)

Fish and Chips is a must. Along with a solid helping of Fawlty towers and blackadder to go alongside those fools and horses dvds. Can't go wrong with those 3 shows for a marathon there.

Never understood why our patron saint is a guy from Syria. Understand even less why we English care more about about St pats day.

i agree, no wonder nobody gives a brick. why not have a national celebration day in the name of someone we can relate to rather than some obscure religious figure that didn't even step foot in england, maybe shakespeare day (as an example) in the same vein as burns night in scotland, which is a great celebration.

i agree, no wonder nobody gives a brick. why not have a national celebration day in the name of someone we can relate to rather than some obscure religious figure that didn't even step foot in england, maybe shakespeare day (as an example) in the same vein as burns night in scotland, which is a great celebration.

I agree, St.Jade day it is then.

I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry 'GHod for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Followed by a quick rendition of

Keep St george in my heart keep me English
Keep St george in my heart I pray
Keep St george in my heart keep me English
Keep me English till my dying day

I like it my liberal friend lets contact the authorities. We could show off our poetry and plays and have food stalls in town centres, i like it when the asians and other communties do this. Think it would help unite us as a country like america does well where everyone feels american.

I might be right wing but not a nazi or anything silly like that. On that note i have something funny to tell everyone here. Got a mate back in brighton and he said they was a EDL march yesterday and caroline whatever here surname is the bird from the green party got her head covered in beer by a thug. Do not support the EDL or anything they stand for but i hate that woman from the Greens she thinks the good running of a town is just to put up more parking metres and then double the cost in a year.

Perfect day, about 40 EDL league turn up to be out numbered by a thousand locals telling them to fudge off(seriously wrong town to do it in brighton is very left) and then that stupid bitch gets attacked, would not suprise me if it was someone from brighton that soaked her in beer, what she has done to parking in brighton is criminal. I go to portsmouth for shopping now, they do not hate the motorist. Only go back to brighton to visit friends and football.

Gone a bit off topic but i hate the green party which is odd because im a member of surfers against sewage and love the countryside, just hate that caroline woman.

Good idea about a national day, they do one in australia as well i think.

st georges day has been tarnished by macarons like those you highlight chich, we need a new day (preferably a bank holiday) that the whole nation can get behind. thing is, we do do national celebrations very well, look at the royal wedding last year and i'm sure the upcoming golden jubilee will also be a great day of national celebration. we just need a day that means something, like independence day in the US or the very imaginatively named australia day in australia

Depends what you mean by national. I like the UK, but I'm English, I want an English national day... In fact, I've got one! St.Georges is fine for me, it's just about time more was done about it. If you create a new national day, the macarons will try to clamber onto tht as well anyway and the Scots would probably have a whinge, stick with St.Georges day imo.

Depends what you mean by national. I like the UK, but I'm English, I want an English national day... In fact, I've got one! St.Georges is fine for me, it's just about time more was done about it. If you create a new national day, the macarons will try to clamber onto tht as well anyway and the Scots would probably have a whinge, stick with St.Georges day imo.

We need to transfer one of the Current Bank Holidays to St George's day. As modern day society becomes more and more mixed, having so many bank Holidays that are related to a religion hardly anyone follows any more it makes more sense to have days that are aligned to national pride and community.

We need to transfer one of the Current Bank Holidays to St George's day. As modern day society becomes more and more mixed, having so many bank Holidays that are related to a religion hardly anyone follows any more it makes more sense to have days that are aligned to national pride and community.

Also to not have so many BH's at the start of the year when the weather is always awful

One in April, May, June, July and August would be good

oh yeah, i'm talking about an english day, the scots have st andrews and burns. i just don't get the st. george thing, i don't think of st. george and think how proud i am to be english, because it doesn't mean anything to me, think of independence day and what it means to the septics or bastille day to the french.

i reckon we'd be better off with a fresh start, make a new bank holiday in july (too crowded around this time with easter etc.), call it something new that everyone can buy into and if everyones bought into it you sideline the far right anyway, they'll probably still cling on to st. georges day as they fear change

Back