• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juan Foyth

Why is nobody mentioning that as bad as the first Trippier error was, why was he then 40 yards out of possession when as a senior pro (and having dropped Foyth in it already) he then left him isolated when the lad would certainly have been feeling the pressure???

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Absolutely agreed mate. As good as Trippier is going forward, he is soo poor defensively. Yet his crossing is a very important way of opening up the opposition that we can’t really drop him. Poch needs to coach some defensive nous into him.

The main thing is the pens didn’t cost us points, so I many ways it’s a ‘free’ lesson. It’s good to see these two actions have not stopped people seeing the overall performance, and potential of this kid.

Re midfield, I mentioned it myself due to our shortage and his ability on the ball but in reality I think it’s best he concentrates on being a cb for a while. His emergence should mean that Dier can now concentrate on the midfield role too.

Burnley have conceded four or more four times this season, they are not good defensively this season. The reason West Ham did well today was Arnautovic who created everything for them, and he only came on as sub vs us as not fully fit...

They are a good defensive team, they still have a handful of clean sheets, arent easy to play against and were in this game until the 84th minute.

I know they havent been rock solid, but the point remains - a decent, hard working, defensive side shipped 4 against a VERY similar line up where Foyth looked very good.

Trying to give the boy credit here, and I really dont think the line that West Ham were severely depleted actually stands up.

Feel for the guy he looked really upset at the end, i thought he played well. Yeah obviously conceded two penalties but was utterly stitched up by other players errors on both occasions. Seen enough to know he’s one to persist with and I’m sure Poch did too....

Funny, despite the two pens and the panicked last 20 (by the whole team) where he looked a little rocked - I thought he was otherwise very good!

They are a good defensive team, they still have a handful of clean sheets, arent easy to play against and were in this game until the 84th minute.

I know they havent been rock solid, but the point remains - a decent, hard working, defensive side shipped 4 against a VERY similar line up where Foyth looked very good.

Trying to give the boy credit here, and I really dont think the line that West Ham were severely depleted actually stands up.

Funny, despite the two pens and the panicked last 20 (by the whole team) where he looked a little rocked - I thought he was otherwise very good!
I don’t want to keep going over the West Ham thing, but it was a depleted attack for West Ham - they are nothing without Arnautovic as was again proved yesterday. Anderson actually turned up for once so fair play to him! Forgetting about whether how strong/weak a West Ham attack it was, those four attacking players who started against us didn’t have hardly any goals between them this season which tells you something!

More encouraging was that Poch again recognised a good performance and deemed him worthy of playing against Wolves, and more encouraging was Pochs comments after saying Foyth was brilliant and these incidents happen. So I’m looking forward to him featuring more going forward....

Chicharito, Andersen, that young lad - all very good attacking players. And Antonio, who while being a donkey is strangely effective. And then Arnautovic.

Whether they rely on him or not, that wasnt a lower level attack he played well against.

West Ham fans want Hernandez gone because he doesn’t show anything like the form he does for his country. Why do you think he always comes off the bench in league games? When he was first there he was the main striker but was so poor they ended up putting Arnautovic there. Anderson has been poor to date, obviously did better against Burnley yesterday. It wasn’t intended to be a put down on Foyths performance - just that the standard of opposition needs to be considered before we do the usual hyping up of a young player....

The standard of opposition being a premier league team, full internationals, and - while not top class - far from substandard to a 19/20 year old making his debut.

They have all scored goals, some at the highest levels/stages.

By all means, it wasnt Emirates Marketing Project - but for perspective it was still quality.

Despite not being a West Ham fan by any stretch, they are right up near the top of the pyramid, and below that level the quality drops off significantly.

The standard of opposition being a premier league team, full internationals, and - while not top class - far from substandard to a 19/20 year old making his debut.

They have all scored goals, some at the highest levels/stages.

By all means, it wasnt Emirates Marketing Project - but for perspective it was still quality.

Despite not being a West Ham fan by any stretch, they are right up near the top of the pyramid, and below that level the quality drops off significantly.
I never said they were sub standard, I said average at best. Antonio has 1 assist and no goals in ten games this season, Anderson had 1 goal and 1 assist before yesterday etc Again, without Arnautovic I just don’t see their attack as much of a threat, you think differently fair play mate...

Did very well tonight. Comfortable that he's a genuine first-team CB now, meaning we have 4 which I feel is the number you need. Would be good if we can agree an extension with Toby for a couple years though in order to allow Foyth and Sanchez to grow into being first choice and give us some stability

Had a couple of dodgy moments, but a lot of glorious moments as well! Ball playing cb indeed. He's that cb with a bit of edge we're going to need. So happy for him today. Just pure joy to see his reaction to scoring! Well done, Juan!

Back