• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juan Foyth

It's only one game and Wet Spam at that... but I can now start to understand why Poch was so keen and insistent on signing him. He looks class from every aspect. Also he's not as puny as I remembered him from last year's games. He didn't look physically inferior to Antonio in those clips and that guy is well built..

For the moment he looks ideal for the central CM in a back 3 where he could be supported by Sanchez and Toby.

For the moment he looks ideal for the central CM in a back 3 where he could be supported by Sanchez and Toby.

Great prospect!
Now we should dial back the hype and give him time to improve.
He may well have a stinker or three along the way!

Yup. I remember last time he played for us and looked a bit weak. A lot of people didn't give him much of chance after that. He'll screw up and won't play like he did against Spammers every game. We need to give him space and opportunity to grow. Agreed. :)

Yup. I remember last time he played for us and looked a bit weak. A lot of people didn't give him much of chance after that. He'll screw up and won't play like he did against Spammers every game. We need to give him space and opportunity to grow. Agreed. :)
This was my point after the West Ham game - one good game against an average at best West Ham side and people already talking about changing formations to accommodate him in the first XI for league games. I think it will take a bit more for Poch to be convinced he’s ready for that yet, hence why he’s only ever been trusted in early FA Cup rounds and League Cup ties....

This was my point after the West Ham game - one good game against an average at best West Ham side and people already talking about changing formations to accommodate him in the first XI for league games. I think it will take a bit more for Poch to be convinced he’s ready for that yet, hence why he’s only ever been trusted in early FA Cup rounds and League Cup ties....

It is amazing how we fans can be so knee jerk - after every other game he’s played all I’ve read is how he’s clearly not ready for first team football (even though to me he clearly showed his talent), now one good game and everyone thinks he’s definitely ready and should be starting!

Hope he does start being more involved though, I’ve loved him from day one.

It's only one game and Wet Spam at that... but I can now start to understand why Poch was so keen and insistent on signing him. He looks class from every aspect. Also he's not as puny as I remembered him from last year's games. He didn't look physically inferior to Antonio in those clips and that guy is well built..

Funny thing is, he still doesnt look that built/big/muscular, but clearly he has strength.

I look at it as a few things:

- He has shown he can play against premier league players
- We have two fit defenders
- He has shown (imo) he deserves more minutes to continue to develop on his obvious potential
- It looks like he would fit nicely in a 3 (something we have tried to pursue before)
- Im not sure people would put him immediately in PL games in a 2

All in all, I dont see it as people trying to reengineer the side to accommodate him, rather, considering our situation and his potential, thats something that might work in our favour now.

Its an opportunity, if you see what I mean?

Funny thing is, he still doesnt look that built/big/muscular, but clearly he has strength.

I look at it as a few things:

- He has shown he can play against premier league players
- We have two fit defenders
- He has shown (imo) he deserves more minutes to continue to develop on his obvious potential
- It looks like he would fit nicely in a 3 (something we have tried to pursue before)
- Im not sure people would put him immediately in PL games in a 2

All in all, I dont see it as people trying to reengineer the side to accommodate him, rather, considering our situation and his potential, thats something that might work in our favour now.

Its an opportunity, if you see what I mean?
Of Weat Hams front 4 only one of them is a first XI player and that is Anderson who has been poor. I agree he does deserve more minutes to continue his development, but we haven’t been playing with a back three for a while so talking about changing formation to fit him in would be accommodate him. If you say play him instead of Toby in a back 4 then fine that wouldn’t be to accommodate him...

Why havent we played a back 3? Is it because we dont want to or because injuries have made it impossible?

I suggest the latter. There was a definite move to going to a back 3, until we were unable to. It is now an option within our playbook, so hardly changing things to accomodate anyone, its simply an option open to us.

And while Andersen might be the first choice, Chicharito is a quality forward who had a good WC - hardly a poor reserve. While West Ham have injuries thats as strong a team as they could put out and wasnt a million miles from their strongest 11.

Why havent we played a back 3? Is it because we dont want to or because injuries have made it impossible?

I suggest the latter. There was a definite move to going to a back 3, until we were unable to. It is now an option within our playbook, so hardly changing things to accomodate anyone, its simply an option open to us.

And while Andersen might be the first choice, Chicharito is a quality forward who had a good WC - hardly a poor reserve. While West Ham have injuries thats as strong a team as they could put out and wasnt a million miles from their strongest 11.
Don’t get me wrong I’m happy to see Foyth given more of a chance in the league, I’ll be interested to see what Poch does for this game. He often rewards a player after a good performance, but Wolves away is a tough game and will be very much in at the deep end there. Then again Poch has shown faith with young players in tough environments before, so it’s not out of the question he could be picked if as you say Poch would like us to go to a back 3....

Great prospect!
Now we should dial back the hype and give him time to improve.
He may well have a stinker or three along the way!
At which point we’ll all agree he’s rubbish, and will campaign for him to be sold. :D

Of Weat Hams front 4 only one of them is a first XI player and that is Anderson who has been poor. I agree he does deserve more minutes to continue his development, but we haven’t been playing with a back three for a while so talking about changing formation to fit him in would be accommodate him. If you say play him instead of Toby in a back 4 then fine that wouldn’t be to accommodate him...
You keep saying this about west ham on Wednesday but he played against Chicharito, Anderson, Antonio, Arnautovic and Diangana. So the only one they were missing is Yarmalenko and he’d have replaced their MOTM Diangana anyway! Behind those forwards was a Midfield of Rice and Obiang.

I don’t see how they could have played a better side than they did on the night and also those forwards had people on here saying they thought we should have been in for them in the summer, so it’s a bit revisionist to say now that they’re sh1t!

I’m not saying anything about Foyth now, just that you can’t criticize the opposition he faced on Wednesday, that was a mid table Prem and international strike force with over 100 caps between them!

You keep saying this about west ham on Wednesday but he played against Chicharito, Anderson, Antonio, Arnautovic and Diangana. So the only one they were missing is Yarmalenko and he’d have replaced their MOTM Diangana anyway! Behind those forwards was a Midfield of Rice and Obiang.

I don’t see how they could have played a better side than they did on the night and also those forwards had people on here saying they thought we should have been in for them in the summer, so it’s a bit revisionist to say now that they’re sh1t!

I’m not saying anything about Foyth now, just that you can’t criticize the opposition he faced on Wednesday, that was a mid table Prem and international strike force with over 100 caps between them!
How much do you know about West Ham? I have a lot of mates who support them and Chich never starts, Antonio doesn’t either unless injury issues and has a touch far worse than Sissoko, Arnautovic came on as sub and recovering from an injury, Diangana never featured before....you can dress it up anyway you want, Anderson was their only player who is in their first XI who started and this is a West Ham side who are average on a good day. Not taking anything away from Foyth, but it wasn’t exactly a potent attack he was up against...

How much do you know about West Ham? I have a lot of mates who support them and Chich never starts, Antonio doesn’t either unless injury issues and has a touch far worse than Sissoko, Arnautovic came on as sub and recovering from an injury, Diangana never featured before....you can dress it up anyway you want, Anderson was their only player who is in their first XI who started and this is a West Ham side who are average on a good day. Not taking anything away from Foyth, but it wasn’t exactly a potent attack he was up against...
I come from Essex mate, needless to say I know plenty about west ham and know way too many of their season ticket holders thanks!

Diangana played in their last few games and was their MOTM on the night, Antonio’s been pretty much their player of the season the last few years, etc etc. You can try and belittle the performance and oppo all you like but unless you can come up with a better starting line up that they could have played then it’s a bit pointless.

I come from Essex mate, needless to say I know plenty about west ham and know way too many of their season ticket holders thanks!

Diangana played in their last few games and was their MOTM on the night, Antonio’s been pretty much their player of the season the last few years, etc etc. You can try and belittle the performance and oppo all you like but unless you can come up with a better starting line up that they could have played then it’s a bit pointless.
Yeah same.

I don’t know a West Ham fan or anyone for that matter who rates Antonio, he’s a utility player who can’t control a ball (that opinion comes more from WH fans than me) and definitely not one of their starters in an attacking position. Hernandez doesn’t feature either, Arnautovic was on the bench so again the only one who is a regular and started is Anderson who has been and to date is poor. I didn’t try and belittle the performance at all, I said he played very well - just pointed out the opposition were to be polite average, if you think otherwise then great....

Back