• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho

Another final for Mourinho ..
I'm a big fan of Jose. And well done to him for reaching another European final. But there are a couple of things to note.
1) He has not made a significant difference to their League standings in the 2 seasons he's been there. So he has clearly put his eggs in the European tournament baskets.
2) I know there is a section of the fanbase who put winning a trophy ahead of finishing in the CL placings and I have sympathy with that view. However that belief is not shared by the board. They appear from the way we treat the cups to put a top 4 place as the main priority. Which is understandable from a revenue pov. It's just that we know winning a trophy and finishing in the top 4 is almost impossible within our current financial model.

Hence don't expect us to beat the odds even with great managers. Given how close Poch came to achieveing it is the reason why he is so highly thought of by fans like me.

The media turning the heat on Spurs with Mourinho's comments. Once you read the quotes, you realise the headline is worse than the quotes.

In summary he said that he didn't feel a strong connection with Spurs due to COVID and the manner in which Levy let him go. That IMHO is understandable. I think Spurs was his shortest managerial stint in the last 5 jobs.

Dele says hi.......

OIP.U_h2sv8ctxdJlw59bnm96gHaEx

Absolutely got his timing spot on....

I mean lets forget that the club gave him a chance when his stock was at an all time low, no one dare mention he is hated at Chelsea now because of his character, his suspended sentence for fraud, going to court for bullying a female or gouging someone's eyes on the touchline....But yeh, good old Jose
My enemy's enemy and all that...

The media turning the heat on Spurs with Mourinho's comments. Once you read the quotes, you realise the headline is worse than the quotes.

In summary he said that he didn't feel a strong connection with Spurs due to COVID and the manner in which Levy let him go. That IMHO is understandable. I think Spurs was his shortest managerial stint in the last 5 jobs.

Dunno. Think that's mentioned as a contributory factor rather than an absolute. He clearly resents Levy. That's obvious from the comment about being fired before the cup final. Think the "Mr Levy's club" also infers an awful lot.

Say what you like about Jose, he's a very, very intelligent man. His words are seldom misplaced.

Dunno. Think that's mentioned as a contributory factor rather than an absolute. He clearly resents Levy. That's obvious from the comment about being fired before the cup final. Think the "Mr Levy's club" also infers an awful lot.

Say what you like about Jose, he's a very, very intelligent man. His words are seldom misplaced.
I don't think he's said much tbh.

The connection thing he largely explains by the COVID and the empty stadiums. Fair and makes sense.

When he left probably irks him more than why. Anyone would be a bit tinkled so close to a final. Even moreso if your regular diatribe is banging on about the trophies you've won.
Levy took away his ball 90 mins from another potential cup.
He sees it as a blot on his CV....and holds Levy responsible.

Deliberate use of Mr Levy was telling

Sympathy for the lack of cup final action for him, less sympathy for him being out coached by Scott Parker

I don't think he's said much tbh.

The connection thing he largely explains by the COVID and the empty stadiums. Fair and makes sense.

When he left probably irks him more than why. Anyone would be a bit tinkled so close to a final. Even moreso if your regular diatribe is banging on about the trophies you've won.
Levy took away his ball 90 mins from another potential cup.
He sees it as a blot on his CV....and holds Levy responsible.
Poor bloke never had a chance for the fans to boo him.

We all have our thoughts about Jose, but sacking him before the cup final was ( imo) madness.
I agree, but everyone seems to forget the frothing at the mouth from 'fans' saying he has to go, leading up to that point. If the fans had supported him until the end of the season, and shown a bit of patience, and what it means to support your club through the hard times, Levy wouldn't have sacked him, so you reap what you sow.

I agree, but everyone seems to forget the frothing at the mouth from 'fans' saying he has to go, leading up to that point. If the fans had supported him until the end of the season, and shown a bit of patience, and what it means to support your club through the hard times, Levy wouldn't have sacked him, so you reap what you sow.

Seems to me that in todays game its normal for fans to froth at the mouth so there was nothing new in that. :);)

He wasn't sacked because of the fans what a disingenuous statement..I doubt any manager is.

Last edited:
Mourinho is still a more successful coach than we are a football club. Imagine the string of excellent players we've had in the last ten years and still not able to make further progress.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Mourinho is still a more successful coach than we are a football club. Imagine the string of excellent players we've had in the last ten years and still not able to make further progress.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

You can apply that to our entire history not just the last 10 years.

Back