• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho

you can make a strong argument that our most successful team ever massively underachieved

I saw something years ago that plotted the Greaves transfer and how at the time we were the richest club in Europe and had made the signing that signified that. Only a Spurs team could sign a player of that magnitude and not win the league again. I jest as I am not overly a fan of bashing those that came before, especially the successful, but It does make me laugh when people constantly talk about recent underachievement for a side that on average won two trophies every decade (unless you discount the first 50 years of history as someone did to bump that number up to 4).

I saw something years ago that plotted the Greaves transfer and how at the time we were the richest club in Europe and had made the signing that signified that. Only a Spurs team could sign a player of that magnitude and not win the league again. I jest as I am not overly a fan of bashing those that came before, especially the successful, but It does make me laugh when people constantly talk about recent underachievement for a side that on average won two trophies every decade (unless you discount the first 50 years of history as someone did to bump that number up to 4).

It was the best team in the world, adding the best player in the world.

He is quite right, though. It is a f*cking disgrace!
He just got one tiny little thing wrong! It (for once) was not Anthony Taylor and his team who were the disgrace, it was Mourinho and his staff (again).
What a despicable man he is. I've more or less lost every bit of respect I once had for him.

I'd almost go as far as saying that I'm glad we didn't win anything under him, as any silverware under him would have been stained and tarnished beyond any silvercleaner...

Quite some achievement to have us feeling sympathy for Anthony Taylor!

Totally disgraceful from Mourinho and I hope UEFA impose a significant sanction on him and on Roma.

Nothing will happen, the authorities are scared of upsetting what they see as the star, clubs, managers and players. These groups are not indispensable to football, particularly managers and players. He should get a years touchline ban, I would suspend him from football for a year but imagine that would be illegal.

He definitely deserves a substantial ban and fine, but in terms of stirring up anger in fans is confronting him in the car park significantly worse than saying the same thing in a press conference after the game. Some of Klopp's recent comments have probably been worse. Mourinho has just taken it a step further by confronting him in person.

He definitely deserves a substantial ban and fine, but in terms of stirring up anger in fans is confronting him in the car park significantly worse than saying the same thing in a press conference after the game. Some of Klopp's recent comments have probably been worse. Mourinho has just taken it a step further by confronting him in person.
Neither are acceptable it's not a case of which one is ok.

I veer between liking Jose and detesting him. He's a very funny and intelligent man and oozes charisma. He's also a bloody good football manager and when we see the best of him, I do enjoy Mourinho. I don't really like his football but I do grudgingly respect it.

But this brick...it's ugly, it's nasty. It boils my blood a bit and he has a habit of it.

I guess that's Jose though. He's such a big character, he stirs all sorts of emotions.

I think he has changed. When first at Chelsea he had that charisma and could play the journalists. He hid the nasty and nuthless side with humour and his genuine charm. But the humour has gone. I think the turning point for me in recognising this was when he poked an opponent in the eye. I think it is more than that he was charming when winning and nasty when losing, his personality has changed for the worse.

And it's not all Levy's fault.

I think he has changed. When first at Chelsea he had that charisma and could play the journalists. He hid the nasty and nuthless side with humour and his genuine charm. But the humour has gone. I think the turning point for me in recognising this was when he poked an opponent in the eye. I think it is more than that he was charming when winning and nasty when losing, his personality has changed for the worse.

Sacrilege ;)

Like Klopp, he is very charming when he is winning. When he is losing, you see the real man.

Nothing will happen, the authorities are scared of upsetting what they see as the star, clubs, managers and players. These groups are not indispensable to football, particularly managers and players. He should get a years touchline ban, I would suspend him from football for a year but imagine that would be illegal.

The authorities will probably give Spurs a hefty fine and a massive points deduction for this disgraceful behaviour we obviously instilled in him.

Back