• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Those were the days eh...

I miss this guy so much. So strong on the ball, clean tackler and an excellent intercepter. His passing was also underrated and was really coming into its own just before his injury, he was starting to really spray the ball around. [emoji21]

We need someone of his ilk in the middle once again.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Perhaps but I think it helps if the noise in the media around our limitation in that area grows as eventually it leads to pressure on the manager to solve it. A decent DM and commanding CB would help massively
You think pressure from the media leads Jose to act on something?......give over.

I do agree, i know some on here will be apoplectic about what i am saying but i would have him down as a bigger miss then Dembele.
I wanted to say it earlier but I know Dembele has a huge fandom about the fanbase but yes for me Wanyama is a bigger miss.

We were still awful with Dembele whole Wanyama was out.

I wanted to say it earlier but I know Dembele has a huge fandom about the fanbase but yes for me Wanyama is a bigger miss.

We were still awful with Dembele whole Wanyama was out.

Glad to see i am not the only one who feels that way :), Dembélé was a player who had it all but i have always thought that he could have done more with his ability. In my eyes he gave me the impression he could/should have done a lot more with his ability.

Glad to see i am not the only one who feels that way :), Dembélé was a player who had it all but i have always thought that he could have done more with his ability. In my eyes he gave me the impression he could/should have done a lot more with his ability.

Dembele for me was a typical "sexy" player, had the talent, but not the will.
Was happy here doing his thing with no pressure of actually having to win anything.
Loved him, but players like that have held us back over the years.

Dembele for me was a typical "sexy" player, had the talent, but not the will.
Was happy here doing his thing with no pressure of actually having to win anything.
Loved him, but players like that have held us back over the years.

That is the way i saw him as well, promised so much but always left me feeling that he could/should have done better.

For me, this is the key position we need to fill. I was hopeful that NDombele was that player. He is certainly physically imposing enough, but doesn't appear to have Spaghetti mans aggressive qualities.

A combination of Ndombele and Dier I think could really work, a passer who can also dribble like Ndombele as well as being quite a big unit, playing just in front of Dier as a defensive reader of the game with a decent passing eye.
Because tbh I don't know of a player like Wanyama who we could get atm.
Not that I'm exactly up on who is who.

For me, this is the key position we need to fill. I was hopeful that NDombele was that player. He is certainly physically imposing enough, but doesn't appear to have Spaghetti mans aggressive qualities.

A combination of Ndombele and Dier I think could really work, a passer who can also dribble like Ndombele as well as being quite a big unit, playing just in front of Dier as a defensive reader of the game with a decent passing eye.

Denis Zakaria. Denis Zakaria is a player exactly like Wanyama that we could get at the end of the season. Fast, built like a tank, absolutely ruthless tackler, and with a low centre of gravity despite his size which allows him to dribble a bit and spray passes around more. Perhaps most importantly, he isn't a central midfielder masquerading as a defensive midfielder - he's usually happy just playing his role as a destroyer with some technical skill, as opposed to a central midfielder with the instinct to bomb forward forced into a defensive role that they're not suited for.

I've watched Gladbach multiple times this season, and Zakaria and Elvedi have always stood out to me as two players that would perfectly fill our gaps at centre-midfield and centre-back, respectively.

Imagine the pair of them will cost 90-100m in the summer, but they would be worth it.

Seems like Mourinho is trying to distance himself from what happens in this window, and paving the way for a crappy end to the season. Not unreasonable that he is doing so in my view, and it might help his moderate his boss' expectations of where we finish this season

"If the boss [Daniel Levy] arrives with a solution to face these difficult months ahead of us then so be it, welcome," Mourinho added.

"If not then we will wait for the summer for the next evolution of the team.

"The January market is a strange market. It's a market of opportunities. When the opportunity arrives you have the chance to do it."

Seems like Mourinho is trying to distance himself from what happens in this window, and paving the way for a crappy end to the season. Not unreasonable that he is doing so in my view, and it might help his moderate his boss' expectations of where we finish this season

"If the boss [Daniel Levy] arrives with a solution to face these difficult months ahead of us then so be it, welcome," Mourinho added.

"If not then we will wait for the summer for the next evolution of the team.

"The January market is a strange market. It's a market of opportunities. When the opportunity arrives you have the chance to do it."

Hah [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Denis Zakaria. Denis Zakaria is a player exactly like Wanyama that we could get at the end of the season. Fast, built like a tank, absolutely ruthless tackler, and with a low centre of gravity despite his size which allows him to dribble a bit and spray passes around more. Perhaps most importantly, he isn't a central midfielder masquerading as a defensive midfielder - he's usually happy just playing his role as a destroyer with some technical skill, as opposed to a central midfielder with the instinct to bomb forward forced into a defensive role that they're not suited for.

I've watched Gladbach multiple times this season, and Zakaria and Elvedi have always stood out to me as two players that would perfectly fill our gaps at centre-midfield and centre-back, respectively.

Imagine the pair of them will cost 90-100m in the summer, but they would be worth it.
Zakaria looked brilliant when I saw him play the one game I’ve seen.

Thanks for that, I'll have to have a look.

Back