• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

You don't even understand where you've contradicted yourself do you?

Stop simply slinging mud. I have been entirely consistent. I blame the recruitment policy in both cases. The difference is that Poch had over five years to do something about it , Mourinho has had less than a season.

If you can't understand that simple fact. Then there is nothing more to discuss. But I will give you the last word if you really feel the need for it. Otherwise goodnight.

No, I don’t think he did feel that.

But I feel that he was. Jose has been too.

I think Levy has backed most of his managers with as much as we can afford, our financials underline that.

Financially, yes but as we had discussed there's more at play than money.

I think Poch knew what the deal was wrt to what money was available while the stadium was being built so i don't think the reason he copped the hump (head coach comment) was to do with money, but more to dowith his general influence regarding targets in/out

How about when the chairman doesn’t deliver players in our price range from Southampton, (Championship) Saudi Sportswashing Machine and (Championship) Villa?

Can you clarify who mean?

Apologies if I’m wrong, I’m gonna guess.

Mane, Liverpool offered higher wages than we could afford.

Wijnaldum, we got Sissoko instead, a wash.

Grealish, thank the maker we didn’t waste that money.

Financially, yes but as we had discussed there's more at play than money.

I think Poch knew what the deal was wrt to what money was available while the stadium was being built so i don't think the reason he copped the hump (head coach comment) was to do with money, but more to dowith his general influence regarding targets in/out

There is more at play than money when assessing the strength of the squad.

There isn’t when assembling it though.

As for Poch’s influence, maybe Levy didn’t trust his judgement, we can only speculate.

A totally erroneous comparison. Things you seem to revel in. Poch inherited a young, hugely talented, hungry and eminently coachable group of players. Mourinho inherited an aging, stale and largely disinterested players who for a variety of reasons were mainly well past their best.
Or was one of the two men simply better able to coach, shape and motivate the team?

So did Cameron Lancaster. How many PL games had he started?

14 appearances going into Poch’s first season I believe.

Another 50 odd at first team level in league 1/championship which I think are a massive step up from youth football. Fair enough if you don’t though.

Can you clarify who mean?

Apologies if I’m wrong, I’m gonna guess.

Mane, Liverpool offered higher wages than we could afford.

Wijnaldum, we got Sissoko instead, a wash.

Grealish, thank the maker we didn’t waste that money.
Mane - we could ‘afford’ them. Levy just didn’t want to pay them.
Wijnaldum - cost less than we panic bought Sissoko for in the last knocking of the window.... yet the chairman didn’t agree a deal with the same club for the manager’s first choice player earlier in the window?
Grealish. If you really think that then I really do worry about your opinion on players Scara.

Mane - we could ‘afford’ them. Levy just didn’t want to pay them.
Wijnaldum - cost less than we panic bought Sissoko for in the last knocking of the window.... yet the chairman didn’t agree a deal with the same club for the manager’s first choice player?
Grealish. If you really think that then I really do worry about your opinion on players Scara.

Why didn’t Levy want to pay the Mane wages, something personal or just a business decision?

Stop simply slinging mud. I have been entirely consistent. I blame the recruitment policy in both cases. The difference is that Poch had over five years to do something about it , Mourinho has had less than a season.

If you can't understand that simple fact. Then there is nothing more to discuss. But I will give you the last word if you really feel the need for it. Otherwise goodnight.

You haven't been consistent, at all. Unless consistently inconsistent is an actual thing?

Your position is that we can't judge Mourinhos progress because he didnt get all the tools/players he wanted - but we can judge Pochettino despite him not getting the players he wanted - post WHL he more than once intimated he had little say in transfers. Thats 2 years + of the manager feeling like he wasn't gettimg what he wanted in the transfer market, for reference you're absolving Mourinhos performance because of 2 players from what i understand.

Length of time matters not one jot - you either accept that managers get judged on how they perform with what's available to them or you dont and that's as true for the manager in the job for half a season as it is the one in the job for ten years.

14 appearances going into Poch’s first season I believe.

Another 50 odd at first team level in league 1/championship which I think are a massive step up from youth football. Fair enough if you don’t though.
11 appearances (and 3 goals).
Actually as many as 56 league appearances on loan.... and a grand total of 14 goals in those 56 games.

He was hardly Mbappe was he?

Length of time matters not one jot - you either accept that managers get judged on how they perform with what's available to them or you dont and that's as true for the manager in the job for half a season as it is the one in the job for ten years.

That, sir, is just total nonsense.

11 appearances (and 3 goals).
Actually as many as 56 league appearances on loan.... and a grand total of 14 goals in those 56 games.

He was hardly Mbappe was he?

We don’t know what Mbappe is yet, he’s only playing in France.

By the time we got our ducks in a row under Poch, and the squad had reached the point where we could realistically expect to win something, Kane had proven himself as one of the best goal scorers in the world.

That, sir, is just total nonsense.

Explain why Mourinho missing out on 2 players absolves him of any critique of his time in charge but Pochettino who had multiple seasons of not getting the players that he wanted is fair game?

Mourinho has had 3 windows (admittedly a lot less than Poch’s 11). To be fair though I do blame Levy a lot more for our decline than Jose. Most managers will struggle under our chairman and set up.

We don’t know what Mbappe is yet, he’s only playing in France.

By the time we got our ducks in a row under Poch, and the squad had reached the point where we could realistically expect to win something, Kane had proven himself as one of the best goal scorers in the world.
OK Scara.... you’re right... Mbappe is still unproven. :D

Yes indeed Kane turned into one of the best players in the world under Pochettino. He certainly wasn’t at the point that the manager arrived.

Mourinho has had 3 windows (admittedly a lot less than Poch’s 11). To be fair though I do blame Levy a lot more for our decline than Jose. Most managers will struggle under our chairman and set up.

I think we’ve had more good than bad with managers under ENIC, progress has been pretty steady.

Jol, Redknapp and Poch thrived, AVB had a good year before losing Bale, Ramos beat Chelsea in a final, even Sherwood didn’t show himself up that much.

Back