• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

You only sell key players when you have a replacement of similar quality in place, or you risk a massive drop in the team performances. We have sold key players before and the problem is we fall back for a while until we replace them, if ever.

Poch would have sold Eriksen if he had a replacement of similar quality. I understand that was why he was interested in Grealish. When that didn’t pan out then it is difficult to sell one of your key players without a replacement. Look at the situation with a Dembele, we have still not really properly replaced him. The same applied to Carrick in Jol’s time, Berbatov and Keane during Ramos’s reign and Modric during AVB’s. The lack of money for new signings hampered us by allowing our squad to go stale. Top teams refresh constantly otherwise they don’t remain top. Something Liverpool have discovered this season.

Southampton got absolutely destroyed as a club selling so many at one time I don't think they have ever recovered.

Can you imagine the repetitive posts about how Levy undermined Poch when he sold Dier and Eriksen! Lol. They should have been sold earlier, but not before we are done with them, or if they aren't signing a new contract. I think it's more case of selling at any price in order to remove their poison and wages, so they don't hang around any longer than necessary.

Those posts would only be made if the replacements weren't up to par. A good DoF would likely have replaced Dier with a better player (not that hard to do) and Eriksen wasn't signing so getting 60m for him and buying an AM would have ultimately been more effective. So no I don't think that's a valid reason not to do it. Besides the point that who the fudge cares what the fans think, the only thing that matters is the success on the pitch.

Sure there will be
I didn’t have anyone ITK
I just got told by Mike Rollo (yeah he had left the club) and Coytey
They were talking very casually
Eriksen wanted Barcelona or Real Madrid and Levy wanted 120m neither of those 2 things were happening.

Eriksen wanted Barcelona or Real Madrid and Levy wanted 120m neither of those 2 things were happening.
And that was key
The clubs who wanted had other players in mind
And the fee we wanted was prohibitive
Considering what we sold him for with his contract position we did well

And that was key
The clubs who wanted had other players in mind
And the fee we wanted was prohibitive
Considering what we sold him for with his contract position we did well
In the end I agree but I do think it would have served all parties of at the very latest he had gone that summer or ideally the summer previous. 60m that summer would have been a figure that I think would have attracted interest and may have made Eriksen realise that the club's he wanted weren't interested.

Sometimes you have to price things at a price to elicit the interest. To often we've held out for somewhat unrealistic valuations at all levels.

In the end I agree but I do think it would have served all parties of at the very latest he had gone that summer or ideally the summer previous. 60m that summer would have been a figure that I think would have attracted interest and may have made Eriksen realise that the club's he wanted weren't interested.

Sometimes you have to price things at a price to elicit the interest. To often we've held out for somewhat unrealistic valuations at all levels.

I'm not sure if that's how transfers work - surely agents on behalf of the player or the club put the feelers out and see who's interested before values get bandied around

I agree
But that also has to have the players motivation in mind
I was told that summer (after the CL final) that he was leaving but wanted a top top club
Problem was none wanted to even negotiate for him

Sold walker tripper... But did nor adequately reinvested. Dof responsibility imo. The transfer books looked great during those years I'm sure!
We sold Walker at his peak, how did that work out?

A lot of after timing here that doesn't really stack up imo

Of all the multitude of options available to us in any given circumstance the majority of which would have seen us regress - we were already punching well above our weight, sure in some decisions if the 1 in ten correct choice was made it'd improved us but let's not pretend the odds were stacked in our favour

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

We sold Walker at his peak, how did that work out?

A lot of after timing here that doesn't really stack up imo

Of all the multitude of options available to us in any given circumstance the majority of which would have seen us regress - we were already punching well above our weight, sure in some decisions if the 1 in ten correct choice was made it'd improved us but let's not pretend the odds were stacked in our favour
We could potentially signed Ricardo Perriera the summer we sold Walker (we did look deeply into him but chose not to purchase) so there was an available player who in my mind was actually an improvement on Walker and player to the same style and was cheaper to boot.

There are players out there, many times we are even aware of them but the decision to buy has to be brave and too often we haven't been brave.

We could potentially signed Ricardo Perriera the summer we sold Walker (we did look deeply into him but chose not to purchase) so there was an available player who in my mind was actually an improvement on Walker and player to the same style and was cheaper to boot.

There are players out there, many times we are even aware of them but the decision to buy has to be brave and too often we haven't been brave.
Didnt he pick up an ACL around the time we were linked with him

Maybe we were being brave buying the likes of Nkoudou, Jaansen, Stambouli etc. Some pay off and some don’t. Its harder to establish yourself at a bigger club, there is no evidence to say that Perriera would have been good here. Look at Doherty for example.

Maybe we were being brave buying the likes of Nkoudou, Jaansen, Stambouli etc. Some pay off and some don’t. Its harder to establish yourself at a bigger club, there is no evidence to say that Perriera would have been good here. Look at Doherty for example.
That's why you have to be brave, those are the speculative type of signings we have to make. Some you win some you, when you don't you move them on.We aren't going to compete with Chesea for Ziyech or City for Dias. So instead we need to make brave but smart signings ahead of the curve.

I have every belief that Periera would have been a success here under Poch, he's Walker with slightly less peace but far better on the ball.

That's why you have to be brave, those are the speculative type of signings we have to make. Some you win some you, when you don't you move them on.We aren't going to compete with Chesea for Ziyech or City for Dias. So instead we need to make brave but smart signings ahead of the curve.

I have every belief that Periera would have been a success here under Poch, he's Walker with slightly less peace but far better on the ball.
Pereira is class
The guys played everywhere this season for Leicester too

Indeed.
Call me old fashioned, but after the team you manage eases a win following a fudging terrible week, the last thing I'd expect is a photo of you with the clam that is John Terry regardless of your history.
TBH
I don’t care about his instagram as it’s his views about him
It’s just a way for him to get more money

Back