• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Indeed.... It does make me laugh how now the chosen one of many posters on here is failing its suddenly the players meteorology that is the problem as opposed to it being entirely the manager as it was 14 months ago!

that does flip the other way though, 14 months ago it was the players and not the manager for some right?

turns out it was both

that does flip the other way though, 14 months ago it was the players and not the manager for some right?

turns out it was both
Or was it just the players?.... I seem to remember a certain manager stating that we needed a painful rebuild. The chairman thought he knew better and got sweet talked into employing a manager on the biggest contract we have ever given who told him we already had the players.

Only one of those three men has been proven right so far...

The worrying thing is that he is the only one of the three who is no longer at the club!

Last edited:
Or was it just the players?.... I seem to remember a certain manager stating that we needed a painful rebuild. The chairman thought he knew better and got sweet talked into employing a manager on the biggest contract we have ever given who told him we already had the players. Only one of those three men has been proven right so far!

Haha bang on

That's still a failure to not move on from those players - if they're a problem stop using them

At which point everyone is on here moaning about the others not being rested.

Any question of players not being moved on is firmly at Levy's door imo - his obsession with not losing money on players has cost us millions in the long-term.

Any question of players not being moved on is firmly at Levy's door imo - his obsession with not losing money on players has caust us millions in the long-term.

Agree regarding Levy being responsible for selling the players but ultimately if there are players that can't be trusted then don't use them - put your trust in those you can and who have a future here and build around them, then people will see the vision. If you continue to play these players and then cry when they let you down then that just looks like excuses.

Any question of players not being moved on is firmly at Levy's door imo - his obsession with not losing money on players has caust us millions in the long-term.
I do think this is a salient point - Levy wouldn’t sell Dele for 10m which is double his initial cost but wouldn’t dream of accepting 20m for Sanchez. I’ve mentioned this a few times before and the accounting treatment of players doesn’t take into account the opportunity cost of replacing them with someone who will be motivated, better suited to the managers requirements and not eating up wages by not playing regularly. I do think it’s become harder to shift players as the wage gulf becomes larger but we do need to find a way to get a few more than usual out of the door in the summer.

That's where we differ, you overrate Spurs massively and especially certain players. We overperformed and did very well but we were never the finished article. I disagree that we folded in the title runs because we were never in front, we always chasing and neither Chelsea nor Leicester dropped the points necessary for us to overtake them.

Managers too. AVB and Jose are the top two managers in world football in his mind. Klopp, Pep and Poch are simpletons.

Agree we didn’t bottle ever bottle the league. We bottled 2nd to Arsenal in 2016 though. And we did freeze whenever we had a chance to go top. That’s different from bottling the league as you rightly point out we were never in front. But that’s also part of the problem. On the few occasions we had to go top or put pressure on the leaders we typically wilted. Don’t get me wrong, I’d kill for those days again, when our biggest worry was what round of the CL we would get to or whether we would only finish 3rd or 4th. Still not sure Poch was the guy to get us over the line but for me they are two different discussions. Jose clearly hasn’t worked out. We need a manager who installs a system like Poch did. We coped very well without our best players under Poch.

Indeed.... It does make me laugh how now the chosen one of many posters on here is failing its suddenly the players meteorology that is the problem as opposed to it being entirely the manager as it was 14 months ago!

Poch was let down by a number of players and it ended with him getting the sack, said it at the time and i am sure that is true. Sadly its happening again here. We need a BIG clear out of players who are past it, could not give a brick anymore and show it on the pitch. We were fudged by Covid coming and giving us the extra income to get the work done, and we are where we are with some of the players who screwed Poch ( and i never wanted to get sacked when he did) doing the same thing now.

What the club SHOULD do, is go all out and try to get manager in the summer, one that can (re)build a team. Many want Nagelsmann, but I'm not so sure, though I would be OK with him.
But what will happen is that Mourinho will stay, even though we'll get well beaten in the LC final, and we will limp to a 7th or 8th place in the league. The disjointed performances will continue beginning of next season, and Mourinho gets sacked early November. This means we'll have to make due with an interim manager, and it will be yet another wasted season, where we are nowhere near winning anything.

Agree regarding Levy being responsible for selling the players but ultimately if there are players that can't be trusted then don't use them - put your trust in those you can and who have a future here and build around them, then people will see the vision. If you continue to play these players and then cry when they let you down then that just looks like excuses.
It doesn't just "look like" excuses.... It IS excuses.

Back