• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

anyone see this?

https://www.skysports.com/football/...contradicted-reality-of-his-fitness-situation

Just don't see the need for Jose to do this publicly. Every man and his dog knows Bale doesn't respond well to such criticism, that's literally why he's back at Tottenham. But it's so obvious calling this out publicly isn't how to handle Bale, so what's the point? Just feel it is wholly unneccesary.

"I have to admit that his post created a need of being addressed. There was a contradiction between the post and the reality," said Mourinho.

"Since the beginning of the season, in relation to everything, I've tried to be very private and keep everything indoors but I felt that I needed to address the situation.

"Probably the post was not even his responsibility, but it was showing that training session was 'great' and 'I'm ready' which was totally wrong. So when questioned I had to give the reality of things."

anyone see this?

https://www.skysports.com/football/...contradicted-reality-of-his-fitness-situation

Just don't see the need for Jose to do this publicly. Every man and his dog knows Bale doesn't respond well to such criticism, that's non-figuratively why he's back at Tottenham. But it's so obvious calling this out publicly isn't how to handle Bale, so what's the point? Just feel it is wholly unneccesary.

"I have to admit that his post created a need of being addressed. There was a contradiction between the post and the reality," said Mourinho.

"Since the beginning of the season, in relation to everything, I've tried to be very private and keep everything indoors but I felt that I needed to address the situation.

"Probably the post was not even his responsibility, but it was showing that training session was 'great' and 'I'm ready' which was totally wrong. So when questioned I had to give the reality of things."
Where is the question?
I mean when we see quotes we never know the question asked
It was flagged up before the game on Wednesday too

No because you named 1 manager that is currently exceeding expectations that has no real success at top level, 1 manager who is the ultimate checkbook manager (not applicable at Spurs) and 1 manager who might (Ancelotti) do better but isn't really tearing up trees right now .. the rest you listed were quite honestly hilarious

You attribute the GA to type of defender, that may be true and/or the fact that brick teams in the PL were a lot more brick 15 years ago than they are now, and the results back that up.

I stand by my point, could another manager do better than Jose with this squad = sure, could lots of other managers? = no, that's just a flimflam statement ..
Ancelotti has been playing the negative deep lying football for the last few months at Everton by the way

His team went from conceding 15 in his first season 2004/05 with Chelsea to conceding 32 in 2014/15 when he won his last league title a decade later.
The culture in the game has changed. At the top level defenders are now essentially the players that start off the team's passing move. Their ability to resist pressing is seen as more important than defending. Top level defenders aren't used to sitting back and defending like Mourinho demands.

If those type of old school defenders were available, he would have got one in the three windows he has had.

Any of the managers that like playing football would be better fot for the squad we have.
Nuno, Tuchel, Ancellotti, Klopp, Guardiola, Bielsa, Rodgers for definite Probably Hasenhuttl, Arteta and Potter.
And that's just looking at current Premier League managers.
Well we were linked with Ruben Dias last summer but €iteh outbid us and now reaping the benefits, having finally found a heir to Kompany and conceding only 14 goals in 22 matches; compared to 35 last season when they were almost as error prone as us.

I’m certain that Dias or van Dijk would fix a lot of our defensive problems but trying to get a defender worthy of filling Vertonghen’s shoes in the middle of a global pandemic when up against richer clubs is a bit tricky.

upload_2021-2-12_17-44-5.jpeg

Last edited:
anyone see this?

Just don't see the need for Jose to do this publicly. Every man and his dog knows Bale doesn't respond well to such criticism, that's non-figuratively why he's back at Tottenham. But it's so obvious calling this out publicly isn't how to handle Bale, so what's the point? Just feel it is wholly unneccesary.

I don't see anything wrong with that. He didn't criticise Bale, just stating that he wasn't ready as Bale had requested a scan and felt something wrong.
Everyone trying to make mountains out of molehills.

The longer this goes on the more it's looking like Bale is finished. I'm starting to believe it's all in his head and he just won't trust his body, hope I'm wrong though and does turn it around.

No because you named 1 manager that is currently exceeding expectations that has no real success at top level, 1 manager who is the ultimate checkbook manager (not applicable at Spurs) and 1 manager who might (Ancelotti) do better but isn't really tearing up trees right now .. the rest you listed were quite honestly hilarious

You attribute the GA to type of defender, that may be true and/or the fact that brick teams in the PL were a lot more brick 15 years ago than they are now, and the results back that up.

I stand by my point, could another manager do better than Jose with this squad = sure, could lots of other managers? = no, that's just a flimflam statement ..
I didn't name any managers, let alone three.

So you don't think Mourinho wanted Skriniar or Willian Jose?
I think he will take any player he can
One thing with Jose is he wants a big squad
But I also think he is one who gets offered players rather than says who he wants
He would go I need a CB.. we offer him options and he sits back and awaits the bird to do his job
I don’t think we were ever serious about Jose though...

I think he will take any player he can
One thing with Jose is he wants a big squad
But I also think he is one who gets offered players rather than says who he wants
He would go I need a CB.. we offer him options and he sits back and awaits the bird to do his job
I don’t think we were ever serious about Jose though...
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-want-a-small-squad-says-mourinho-730819.html

Old article, but I think I recall him saying earlier this season that he didn't want too big a squad.

Causality vs correlation.
Which club and how much they want our CBs for is a also a good input in this analysis.

We have only scored 36 goals from 22 games.
Over a season that would be 62 points.

Only one team in the last ten seasons has finished in the top 4 with 62 goals scored or fewer. Van Gaal's United team in his first season.

We have conceded 22 goals in 22 games.
That's 38 over a season.

In the last ten seasons 15 teams have finished in the top 4 with 38 goals or more conceded.

By controlling the post match narrative, Jose Mourinho has convinced a lot of people that individual mistakes from the defence are the problem.

Every team makes these mistakes.

The real problem is complete lack of an attacking structure and plan. But he can't just brush that onto the players. So he deflects and blames the defence.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Because there are tiers in the league,

- bottom strugglers (yearly relegation candidates where the only objective is survival)
- Mid table dross (always safe, never do fudge all else)
- Best of rest, better than mid tabe but not top level
- Top 6
- Title challengers

Manager who are good at one of those levels don't necessarily translate to another, the pressure/expectations is a lot difference, the odd disaster result would be tolerated at one level but not at another, not being in Europe and regular early cup exits makes a hug difference in the squad management required, level of players have very different level of egos, management skills.

If you look at the top 12 spots in the league, what manager is "overachieving"? I'd argue none, the two best of expectation vs. current position right now would be West Ham and Leicester, you think Moyes is a good manager? Based on the table, I really not seeing "lots of", or in fact any managers that I would be confident would make do lots better with this squad. It' a typical, lazy narrative throwaway comment.

To your last point, yes, some managers lose it (probably true in lots of high pressure professions), but Jose is yet to truly fail, maybe it will happen here, but it hasn't happened yet.

Excellent post.

We don't commit fully to that model in the way the likes of Leicester, Athletico Madrid and Dortmund do. We have the semi basis of it but when we do identify the players far too often we want to see proof of their quality before we buy. Usually by the time there is hard proof everyone else is aware and we've missed the window for getting that player.

The examples I gave where we did do it are to show it's the most successful model we use but we don't commit fully to it and tbh even mentioning Son in that list is wrong because we first looked at him when he was at Hamburg but again didn't want to take the risk so let Leverkusen buy him first and then went in for him again after he had a good season there paying double what Leverkusen had paid for him. That time we were lucky because none of the bigger boys had cottoned on to him.

It takes some guts and yes sometimes we'll make mistakes but the pluses will far outweigh the negatives. You buy them early and cheap, the outlay is less the potential loss is less and you can always move such players on. But the successful transfers will have a fantastic effect on the squad and you will never have our 2018+ situation of a stagnant squad because there will always be fresh faces offering a challenge.

To be clear the main point of my post was to refute the tired claim I keep seeing that we have bad scouts when the opposite is true. We spot the players but it's not the scouting department that decides whether or not to sign said players.
There are other differences between the clubs too, differences that makes it better for those clubs to more fully use that model. Both Leicester and Dortmund are seemingly happy to be "selling clubs", I fully expect Dortmund to sell Sancho and Haaland for example. We don't want to be a selling club.

On scouting. A lot more goes into it than just identifying a player imo.

Finally, you list players we did sign. Would we have signed those players if we had signed the players you mentioned that we could have signed? Unlikely due to our limited budget.

Scouts should identify a lot more players than we can sign. We should be interested in more players than we end up signing. This to me is just the way things are.

I agree that we're in no position to evaluate the work of our scouts, and that it seems they've identified a lot of talented players over the years - as should be expected.

Back