• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

There will be losses. You cant just let teams pump crosses in and assume packing the box will always work. I'm not complaining, the current defending and clean sheets is pretty satisfying but I'm sure at some point a side will get luckier than Arse today (or have better poachers)

The question will be how we react to a side scoring against us. As poor as we were offensively second half, we don’t know how good we can be offensively if we have to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

The question will be how we react to a side scoring against us. As poor as we were offensively second half, we don’t know how good we can be offensively if we have to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Neville and Redknapp were going on about how Son and Kane were the only difference and Arse didn't do anything wrong and they could feel hard done by etc. Was driving me mad. If we didn't have the quality to go 2 up then we wouldn't have been sat back letting them have the ball (well we might but not as much as we did today anyway). They should have been commenting how well we did to be clinical and do the damage early and then shut up shop.

The only two teams since everyone to take the lead against us were United and Southampton
Teams that do that will then have to work out whether to stick or twist because we will go at them. We will unleash the full backs and the midfield which switch a bit and really start “punching our weight”
If not you will get what happened today and last week... teams playing a way their set up too, to get that lead.
Place will be harder than today IMO

The only two teams since everyone to take the lead against us were United and Southampton
Teams that do that will then have to work out whether to stick or twist because we will go at them. We will unleash the full backs and the midfield which switch a bit and really start “punching our weight”
If not you will get what happened today and last week... teams playing a way their set up too, to get that lead.
Place will be harder than today IMO

Was wondering about Palace because Hodgson is a very defensive minded coach.

I watched the last two games because I wanted to check out Eze (very good BTW)

But they have fire power, they are like us, counter.

Nil Nil all over it
They are very much a counter attacking side and one with pace
But their midfield is all about stopping you and that’s what the game will be won or lost

Can not question Mourinho. In a season with the same games in a shorter time, it makes sense to get us compact and defending rather than pressing. A good defense is also the foundation of any winning side. No side wins silverware with a leaky defense.

But I hope he gets us using the ball better. We don't want to forget how to play in other ways too. At some point we'll need to come back from going a goal down. And to take the pressure off, we need to be able to pass and hold the ball.

Second half wasn't much to watch, but we're top of league !

Can not question Mourinho. In a season with the same games in a shorter time, it makes sense to get us compact and defending rather than pressing. A good defense is also the foundation of any winning side. No side wins silverware with a leaky defense.

But I hope he gets us using the ball better. We don't want to forget how to play in other ways too. At some point we'll need to come back from going a goal down. And to take the pressure off, we need to be able to pass and hold the ball.

Second half wasn't much to watch, but we're top of league !
You mean like we did vs United and Southampton ?

You mean like we did vs United and Southampton ?

I know Mourinho is more than a one-trick pony. He can setup teams to play more, of course. But he has a natural tendency to be defensive. Which is good, as we know a winning side needs that. The thing is getting the balance right. Bringing on LeCelco and Davies against Chelsea, and how restrained we were second half today are not worthy of great criticism, but they are a sign of his approach. I don't mind that approach, so long as we are practiced in playing too.

Against Chelsea I wanted to see him swap an attacker for another attacker, instead he brought on Davies; and while you can't criticise us today, you want us to use the ball better than we did in the second half.

Wolves pen!! edit blooming var :(

I know Mourinho is more than a one-trick pony. He can setup teams to play more, of course. But he has a natural tendency to be defensive. Which is good, as we know a winning side needs that. The thing is getting the balance right. Bringing on LeCelco and Davies against Chelsea, and how restrained we were second half are not worthy of criticism, but they are a sign of his approach. I don't mind that approach, so long as we are practiced in playing too.

Against Chelsea I want to see him swap an attacker for another attacker, and while you can't criticise us today, you want us to use the ball better than we did in the second half.

Wolves pen!!

Why did they revoke the pen? Justified or BS?

I know Mourinho is more than a one-trick pony. He can setup teams to play more, of course. But he has a natural tendency to be defensive. Which is good, as we know a winning side needs that. The thing is getting the balance right. Bringing on LeCelco and Davies against Chelsea, and how restrained we were second half are not worthy of criticism, but they are a sign of his approach. I don't mind that approach, so long as we are practiced in playing too.

Against Chelsea I want to see him swap an attacker for another attacker, and while you can't criticise us today, you want us to use the ball better than we did in the second half.

Wolves pen!!
He has a natural tendency to win games
That’s all he cares about
It’s a simple view and a philosophy that he abs taken with him to every club
Score more than them, concede less than them = a win

According to my sons gooner mates he's yesterdays man, only knows one way to play, but these are the same people who wanted Wenger out and a brave new world with the most talented young manager in the game.

Back