• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I think the plan is to be tight at the back and score through the superstar trio up front on the break.

Wasn’t that far off today, we got into 3 on 3 and even at one point a 2 on 1 only for the final ball to be lazy, Son, Alli, Kane all guilty.

The Everton chances came from mistakes, a bad ball and a bad track.
If you think things thru logically and then apply some expectations from that process then.....

If you are selecting 2 or 3 of PEH Winks and Sissoko don't expect creativity, incisive passing, interplay/closeness with the 4 men ahead. We know that (even as fans) and Jose knows that.
So (rightfully) he employs the compact sit back tactic that creates chances by nicking the ball high up or fast counter attacks from being under pressure.

That's fair enough, it's no different to a successful Leicester approach and even Liverpool to some degree (although they have top class FBs contributing to attack).

And this appears a plausible tactic as we have Kane Dele Sonny Moura Bergwijn. Firepower to scare most teams. Where it falls down is those players are either head down or far too selfish (not inc Bergwijn) to make the best of those moments.

Dele does dally BUT when in the moment and playing in small spaces off the cuff he excels..he's not a great counter attacker, he needs it all going on around him so instinct takes over. The current tactics don't suit his game. I'd play Bergwijn over him .
Compare this to Vardy Mahrez Allbrighton. Firminio Salah Mane.

The only way to look good in the coming months is if we can get the creativity and link up from behind to increase and that basically means La Celso and Ndombele coming good, and PEH needs to sit and destroy (him currently running all round midfield just makes things look disorderly/unstructured)

Last edited:
Because we didn't go on a tour of America? He's had enough time on the training pitch.
Some players haven’t had any time
Kane has had 2 days
Doherty 2 days
we had 7 players who started away on internationals plus subs
That’s not how to prep... that’s gambling that players come back

calling the players ”lazy” is the beginning of the end for Jose now!

Levy needs to not let him poison the whole club!

we looked all at sea today

”Lazy” he can do one!

If you think things thru logically and then apply some expectations from that process then.....

If you are selecting 2 or 3 of PEH Winks and Sissoko don't expect creativity, incisive passing, interplay/closeness to the 4 men ahead. We know that (even as fans) and Jose knows that.
So (rightfully) he employs the compact sit back tactic that creates chances by nicking the ball high up or fast counter attacks from being under pressure.

That's fair enough, it's no different to a successful Leicester approach and even Liverpool to some degree (although they have top class FBs contributing to attack).

And this appears a plausible tactic as we have Kane Dele Sonny Moura Bergwijn. Firepower to scare most teams. Well it falls down is those players are either head down or far too selfish (not inc Bergwijn) to make the best of those moments.

Dele does dally BUT when in the moment and playing in small spaces off the cuff he excels..he's not a great counter attacker, he needs it all going on around him so instinct takes over. The current tactics don't suit his game. I'd play Bergwijn over him .
Compare this to Vardy Mahrez Allbrighton. Firminio Salad Mane.

The only way to look good in the coming months is if we can get the creativity and link up from behind to increase and that basically means La Celso and Ndombele coming good, and PEH needs to sit and destroy (him currently running all round midfield just makes things look disorderly/unstructured)

Agree, mostly, but I think Alli will be crucial to any success, we need to get more chances to him, he used to get more space in the middle as Kane would move wider and deeper than he has been over the last 18 moths.

I think you should quit with the excuses now; the excuses, like our gameplay generally, aren't good enough
Their not excuses their facts
An excuse would be their free kick being 5 metres ahead like Jose said ... which was gonad*s
But people claiming he has had 2 pre seasons are also talking gonad*s

Agree, mostly, but I think Alli will be crucial to any success, we need to get more chances to him, he used to get more space in the middle as Kane would move wider and deeper than he has been over the last 18 moths.
Yes he can be but in a more connected side.

And perhaps Kane is moving less wider and deeper because Jose has said 'youre my front man, your my goalscorer' ?

An excuse would be their free kick being 5 metres ahead like Jose said ... which was gonad*s

It's probably also factual for lots of teams in the top 6-8, like Liverpool, Arsenal etc. Yes, i believe bringing that up for why we were so turgid (unlike Everton plus some other teams that also had players away) is making excuses.

But let's park that. So Ok, what can you see in terms of gameplay that Jose has instilled since he's been here? Apart from making us defend deeper?
Is our forward gameplay any better? Can we create chances apart from on the break, from set-pieces or crosses into the box?

I haven't seen what Jose is bringing to the team in terms of coaching; like another poster said, after the initial new manager bounce, there's not much in terms of actual coaching that i can see Jose is bringing to the table frankly

That's the managers fault iirc

Another thing which is a manager's responsibility is making players better. Can anyone answer this:

Can you name one player, just one, who has looked better since Mourinho arrived than we thought he was before Mourinho (i.e. has he improved anyone)?

But that second half is nothing but a worry.

It's the start of the season FFS...fresh start, spirit up. That goal then literally smashed our belief and effort.

Another thing which is a manager's responsibility is making players better. Can anyone answer this:

Can you name one player, just one, who has looked better since Mourinho arrived than we thought he was before Mourinho (i.e. has he improved anyone)?

Lloris, considerably.

Moura has more value to the team now imo.

He's reversed the trajectory of Dier and Toby, not at their best, but better than the 2 years previous certainly.

Back