• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I think the plan is to be tight at the back and score through the superstar trio up front on the break.

Wasn’t that far off today, we got into 3 on 3 and even at one point a 2 on 1 only for the final ball to be lazy, Son, Alli, Kane all guilty.

The Everton chances came from mistakes, a bad ball and a bad track.
To do that we need a trio there
We had dele playing a kind of link role
Moura playing right mid
Kane on his own and Sonny was tearing Coleman up when he had the ball. I look at son and think if he had an attacking LB alongside him he would be amazing

Anyone hear Jose’s explanation for the Dele sub? Said it was tactical, as Everton were only playing with one pivot and so there was lots of space either side of him. I don’t understand how our sub took advantage of that though?!

Hard to see how this does not end in tears before Xmas. Joyless Joseball + poor results + blaming everyone but himself = early departure. I never understand why he would want to change the whole dynamic of the team that was competitive if unspectacular in the first half. With each change we became more ineffectual because there is no point having 4 attackers on the field if you lose control of the midfield. If you were determined to hook Alli, why not play Ndombele in an advanced role? By the time he came on, he was relegated to a position more defensive than attacking. I think that hoping that he can pull a trophy from somewhere is a pipe dream .....

I was surprised after how we finished the last season.

The team lacks in so many departments, i think everyone at the club has been surprised at how far we have fallen in the last 3/4 years.

And neither was a real pre season
But the difference is that every other club has had a similar ore-season for THIS season. Today we looked like a bunch of strangers with no cohesive plan. Other games this weekend showed teams with a style, a tactic. Even if they lost. We looked all over the shop.

But the difference is that every other club has had a similar ore-season for THIS season. Today we looked like a bunch of strangers with no cohesive plan. Other games this weekend showed teams with a style, a tactic. Even if they lost. We looked all over the shop.
Pot of curiosity who did look cohesive this weekend in your opinion ?
Arsenal did but played a pub team
Ditto Leicester
Pool looked really poor at the back and good up top
Leeds played exactly as they did last season
Who else?

Headline is very misleading if not an outright lie. Jose said there was lazy pressure and was pressed by the interviewer if it was a damning reflection on the players that Jose was calling them lazy and he explicitly said he wasn’t calling the players lazy but the team was guilty of lazy pressure.

Surprised at the Guardian. Also, nothing he said was wrong.

I think it should be crystal clear now that we have a mostly slightly above average playing squad and that Jose is NOT the one to take us back to the heights we enjoyed under Poch (both in terms of results AND playing style).
As i have mostly feared, Jose is past-it in terms of top-level coaching. We have seen glimpses of this over the last few months when moaning that he couldn't come up with any kind of gameplan of attack if he didn't have Kane (aka a 'big lump' to hit his long balls and/or crosses to).

Now he talks about the club needing to buy a striker, which again seems to be code for needing another lump. We are not perfect player squadwise by any means but going forwards we should be able to see some kind of plan to break down the opposition that doesn't rely on set-pieces or hitting them on the break: those should be additional weapons to your play NOT your be-all and end-all of your play!

Look at Everton and how well-coached they looked: you at least could see what they were trying to do and they had creative players in a system that WANTED TO USE their creativity. We have a system that seemingly penalizes creativity if they deign to try something which doesn't come off and leads to loss of possession: again the fear factor in Jose's coaching that has been overtaken by so many more 'modern' coaches nowadays. And don't even think Ancelotti is great anymore, yet he schooled Jose with some players who only just arrived.

The more i think about it, the more i fear Jose was only hired or the Amazon documentary (i refuse to watch any of it, but you have to say Jose would always make good theatre regardless of how outdated he is as a coach now).
I remember after the pre-season game against a third tier side, one or two posters were bemaoning "why can't we praise Jose and the press and one-touch passing he seems to be instilling"...a penny for any of those posters thoughts now: it seems when we come up against a side that offers REAL competitiveness we are found wanting form a coaching and gameplay point of view.

Was that second-half any better than our home loss last seaosn to Saudi Sportswashing Machine in August? I don't think so; similarly i fear the manager has as mauch time left as Poch did after that: he has no excuses for the turgidity of our play seeing how long he's been here. I don't see anything more than a more expensive Allardyce or Pulis methodology, and ENIC will tire of it too..

Ultimately, this is ENIC's mess; if you're going to somehow think you have a formula to get better out of Jose than Man Utd or Chelsea diod recently then unless youre going to change how you operate, you are simply deluded/not paying attention/simply hiring Jose for clicks and advertising (aka Amazon doc).

Headline is very misleading if not an outright lie. Jose said there was lazy pressure and was pressed by the interviewer if it was a damning reflection on the players that Jose was calling them lazy and he explicitly said he wasn’t calling the players lazy but the team was guilty of lazy pressure.

Surprised at the Guardian. Also, nothing he said was wrong.

Not at all surprised by the guardian.

Back