• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

let's just hope our sales and buys next windows work out ! Mou needs time, like anyone else, especially on such a limited budget - a 3 year contract and he said we can win trophies, which is what i expect from his appointment

We definitely deserved it
They huffed and puffed again
We had as many bricks on target after going ahead as they had all game

100 percent

like us when we failed to break down a defence - think the had 2 clear chances?

hit bar and Hugo save second half

- both from us switching off

take the Sheff Utd game out of it and we have defended well - that’s with at times average full backs and no DM

We definitely deserved it
They huffed and puffed again
We had as many bricks on target after going ahead as they had all game

gm.jpg

100 percent

like us when we failed to break down a defence - think the had 2 clear chances?

hit bar and Hugo save second half

- both from us switching off

take the Sheff Utd game out of it and we have defended well - that’s with at times average full backs and no DM
All about the whole team focussing on their jobs
I thought what cost us vs Bournemouth was the same thing... everyone focussing on their role too much and not then having the freedom to play their game. It hindered them all

Don’t like the negative tactics especially against mid table or relegation teams but very happy with the win even if we did ride our luck a little at times.

I personally do not like our current style of play, I'vè always subscribed to Danny Blanchflowers philosophy, to paraphrase it " football not all about winning, is about glory and doing it with style, not boring the opponents to death"

In the 60 odd years I've been following Spurs we've mainly tried to play in that way, sure most of the time it's not worked out in terms of silverware but it's been fun. We aren't know for great defenders or midfield destroyers but creative attacking players.

Our current manager likes to play in a controlled style based on a solid defence, most of the players in our squad dont easily fit into that style and it's going to be a tough time for us all until or if he can get a team here playing his way on a regular basis.

I hope he is successful here and brings the trophies everyone (including me) wants but I dont think it's going to be an easy watch at times.

Back