• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

But to be honest i think we are going to stick with Mourinho for a couple of seasons

If we're 8th-10th come November/December, which is probably about where we might expect to be based on the level of teams at the moment, Levy's patience will be sorely tested. Rightly or wrongly, he's fired a few managers in that position

I think its 50/50 whether Jose is manager at Spurs come Jan 1st next year. The atmosphere at games next season will be toxic (once fans are allowed back in!) given the quality of football and results, and I dont expect us to be higher than the 8th-10th mentioned above, and if thats the case, Levy will act

If we're 8th-10th come November/December, which is probably about where we might expect to be based on the level of teams at the moment, Levy's patience will be sorely tested. Rightly or wrongly, he's fired a few managers in that position

I think its 50/50 whether Jose is manager at Spurs come Jan 1st next year. The atmosphere at games next season will be toxic (once fans are allowed back in!) given the quality of football and results, and I dont expect us to be higher than the 8th-10th mentioned above, and if thats the case, Levy will act
If we have no European football next season to distract us, then that is even more expectation to be a front runner. And rightly so. CL qualification that next season is vital, not just for finances but to keep our best players happy.

We’re better than a lot of teams IMO
We just need to find the right balance and sort out a few positions
And don’t forget every team will have some changes this summer with players comings dn going (even with less money)
If we’re around 10th come Mid season then Jose is failing after 15 months

If we have no European football next season to distract us, then that is even more expectation to be a front runner. And rightly so. CL qualification that next season is vital, not just for finances but to keep our best players happy.

OK, but at the moment, being top 4 next year looks a million miles off. Even if Leicester dip and Sheff U are weaker next year, Cheatski and Man U are both on an upward trajectory and will add this summer (cheatski already have), Arsenal cant be much worse and then there's Leicester, Wolves, Everton, even Saudi Sportswashing Machine if they get the Saudi money....

Based on where we are, its tough to see a top 4 finish next year without 2-3 additions to the first 11, not the squad, over the summer

There does appear to be a legacy (rut) hangover from the Poch era.

But if I put my literal pragmatic head on I don't think it's impossible to move on with many of the squad.

If we think that players got tired of the regime and message we have 5 players who don't fall into that category. Fresh blood....
La Celso, Bergwijn, Ndombele, Sess, Tanganga.

Now, although they were here thru the Poch era the following players I would never doubt, give their all, listen to instruction, committed to the cause, are non disruptive.
Kane, Son, Sissoko, Dier, Winks, Lamela

Players whom I'm pretty indifferent about are.
Hugo, Toby Jan Davies ie they're here and do what's asked.

Don't think any of that is controversial.....and it does translate to something that should give a good foundation to get our club going again.

We have had a mad number of injuries and Jose should be given a clear run of space BUT given what I've said I'd expect progress from that base.

OK, but at the moment, being top 4 next year looks a million miles off. Even if Leicester dip and Sheff U are weaker next year, Cheatski and Man U are both on an upward trajectory and will add this summer (cheatski already have), Arsenal cant be much worse and then there's Leicester, Wolves, Everton, even Saudi Sportswashing Machine if they get the Saudi money....

Based on where we are, its tough to see a top 4 finish next year without 2-3 additions to the first 11, not the squad, over the summer
Oh I agree it doesn't look good but Chelsea and Leicester won the league' without it. The holy grail of 'all week to work with the players' is a Jose wet dream.

..we had no idea Poch would spring us to the heights he quickly did, It's about finding that path again. so it's all around a corner somewhere. Of course all relying on Jose being capable.

We need rid of Mourinho, asap, not because he's a bad manager but because he isn't who you want overseeing a rebuild - especially a rebuild of a club who doesn't have the finances stacked in their favour.

This has been my sentiment from the day he was appointed. He was a little unlucky with Kane and Son being injured but it doesn’t detract from the whole rebuild strategy and the low budget we will likely have and how Jose probably isn’t the man for that.

That’s exactly how I see it. I don’t see Levy giving him £150m and 2 years to sort it out. It’s a results game as we’re always told and if performances AND results are average 15 games into next season, the pressure will be on.

The funny thing is, one signing can change things. Like Bruno at United. They were rudderless before he arrived.

We need more then 1, but a couple of leaders in the required positions and a return to form for Dele and Son and things can look better.

The problem is, with the Jose style of football, it’s very hard for attacking players to find rhythm and form. They are often being asked to defend more regularly than normal.

Most sports professionals, regardless of the sport, reach a point where they have peaked performance-wise and are on their way down. The question then is, what is the general trend re the rate of decline? Roger Federer, for example, gently sloping decline. Mike Tyson, slightly steeper, with occasional minor rebounds. I worry that Mourinho is currently falling off the mountain .. without a rope.

It’s also an easy thing to comment on things we ultimately know little about, no matter how much we like to think otherwise. Some seem to have forgotten how Poch was behaving in his final months, he massively hinted at leaving after the Champions League final and he looked completely burnt out and done by the time he was sacked - plenty on here said so. Painting Levy as the villain who just sacked Poch simply because of a poor run of form is lazy, Levy is far more calculating and long term thinking than that. If people here could see Poch was burnt out, Levy definitely could and as Poch couldn’t accept this himself Levy had to pull the trigger for the good of the club and Poch himself.....
If we had won the final I think would’ve (and should’ve) left. You cannot repeat a miracle.

It is likely to cost us over £20m to sack him at that point though.

Most sports professionals, regardless of the sport, reach a point where they have peaked performance-wise and are on their way down. The question then is, what is the general trend re the rate of decline? Roger Federer, for example, gently sloping decline. Mike Tyson, slightly steeper, with occasional minor rebounds. I worry that Mourinho is currently falling off the mountain .. without a rope.

Yeah, our best hope is if Jose realises that if he fails at Spurs, no-one would hire him again, apart from perhaps Portugal. It should motivate him

I've always said I'd give him til next season til I start to judge but really think its in the balance whether he's our manager next year

There does appear to be a legacy (rut) hangover from the Poch era.

But if I put my literal pragmatic head on I don't think it's impossible to move on with many of the squad.

If we think that players got tired of the regime and message we have 5 players who don't fall into that category. Fresh blood....
La Celso, Bergwijn, Ndombele, Sess, Tanganga.

Now, although they were here thru the Poch era the following players I would never doubt, give their all, listen to instruction, committed to the cause, are non disruptive.
Kane, Son, Sissoko, Dier, Winks, Lamela

Players whom I'm pretty indifferent about are.
Hugo, Toby Jan Davies ie they're here and do what's asked.

Don't think any of that is controversial.....and it does translate to something that should give a good foundation to get our club going again.

We have had a mad number of injuries and Jose should be given a clear run of space BUT given what I've said I'd expect progress from that base.
Always find it a bit weird that Dier gets such an easy ride.... He has been consistently worse for Spurs than most of those you mention.

It is likely to cost us over £20m to sack him at that point though.

If fans aren't turning up and the atmosphere at games is toxic/unpleasant then keeping Jose will cost Levy more

If results are good and we're in/around the top 4, fans will be patient regardless of playing style (within reason).

However if we're in 8th-10th and entertainment value is sh1t, then Jose won't survive. Fans will force levy's hand

Dear lord don’t be so dramatic. Falling off the mountain without a rope? Was this massive decline of his in his last job when he won more trophies at that club than we have won for the past twenty years plus? Or was it since taking over us and only lifting us 7 or so places in the league from where we were at the time he was appointed? This was never going to be an overnight fix, and things change quickly in football. Arsenal were a laughing stock a couple of weeks ago, now they’re flying. Let’s see what next season brings....

Dear lord don’t be so dramatic. Falling off the mountain without a rope? Was this massive decline of his in his last job when he won more trophies at that club than we have won for the past twenty years plus? Or was it since taking over us and only lifting us 7 or so places in the league from where we were at the time he was appointed? This was never going to be an overnight fix, and things change quickly in football. Arsenal were a laughing stock a couple of weeks ago, now they’re flying. Let’s see what next season brings....

It may be dramatic, but we have decent players,and a manager of the special one's supposed calibre should be able to get a far better performance from them than the performance we gave against Sheffield. I don't see any signs of great tactical intelligence, his tactics are both outdated and/or unsuited to our squad, the players don't look that excited to play for him, and he doesn't look that bothered either. Even his theatrics look like he is going through the motions because he feels it is expected of him.

I want him to do well, but I think he is yesterday's manager. He won't get the players he wants and it will all end in tears (our tears mostly). What I want to know is where is our Lampard or Solskjær, because we need to be thinking about the future.

The list is about motivation and attitude not ability.

And if we're honest Dier had a very good spell as a DCM.
I don’t get what gives impression that his motivation is better than Toby or Jan’s? Or Hugo’s or Davies’ for that matter? His good spell at DCM was probably also even longer ago than Toby and Jan’s.

I don’t get what gives impression that his motivation is better than Toby or Jan’s? Or Hugo’s or Davies’ for that matter? His good spell at DCM was probably also even longer ago than Toby and Jan’s.
I'm talking about qualities that will help the current manager to drag the team forward NOW. Toby, Hugo, Davies have never overly given me that impression (that's not a negative on their playing ability, it takes all types) Jan is not really relevant he's only got 4 weeks left.

Look if you don't like Dier fair enough. FWIW I think he is in the last chance saloon with this back at CH trial but I appreciate when he had a good spell at DCM and also empathise with him after a string of illnesses.

The list is about motivation and attitude not ability.

And if we're honest Dier had a very good spell as a DCM.

He has. I was always sceptical about his ability at CB, but this year he's been decent. In the first half v Sheff Utd, he won a bunch of headers and looked impressive

Back