• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

If so that just highlights a failing elsewhere, Wembley is a great football stadium, bettered only by ours, it was superior in every way to the old WHL, not coping with that is mental weakness.
Well it drained our £££ when we were paying for two stadiums
I also personally think it’s a rubbish stadium. They went for volume of seats over design.

If so that just highlights a failing elsewhere, Wembley is a great football stadium, bettered only by ours, it was superior in every way to the old WHL, not coping with that is mental weakness.

We did cope with it. Very well. But the playing staff were told, repeatedly I might add, that they would be in for one season. We'd have been better off saying two from the outset; the uncertainty was awful. Attendances started dropping big time because people got so tinkled off.

Autumn/Winter 2018 - we've been in a tailspin since then.

The crazy thing is, we actually got 45 points from our first 19 PL matches in 18/19 - which would equal 90 points across a full season. The tailspin in terms of results didn’t actually start until 2019 really.

(Though I think everyone would agree the causes for the tailspin started primarily in the summer of 2018, with zero signings and delays to the stadium).

The crazy thing is, we actually got 45 points from our first 19 PL matches in 18/19 - which would equal 90 points across a full season. The tailspin in terms of results didn’t actually start until 2019 really.

(Though I think everyone would agree the causes for the tailspin started primarily in the summer of 2018, with zero signings and delays to the stadium).
I don’t think the stadium really had much of an impact on the results, it was the lack of freshness in the squad that cost us. We’re now trying to integrate too many new first team players at once.

It took a while for results to catch up with performances. Our xG chart showed we were struggling badly.

Hopefully this will give a sustained period to actually coach and train as well as allow him to work with players who aren't approaching their physical limits every match.
Unless everyone has to self-isolate.

Hopefully this will give a sustained period to actually coach and train as well as allow him to work with players who aren't approaching their physical limits every match.
Surely the benefits of the world class facility is we can test everyone, all those who are negative can stay at the Hotspur Way lodge, complete with all the onsite training facilities.

Almost like reverse self isolation ie..isolate yourself from those that have it.

:D

- Rest to key players, recover from little knocks, get everyone out of red zone
- Work on tactics, coaching, models
- Main injured players players will be much close to actual playing

Honestly even in worst case it will benefit us

Best case will be reset, decades of Spurs bad luck getting evened out in one moment

It took a while for results to catch up with performances. Our xG chart showed we were struggling badly.

Just checked and from a rough analysis* we were 7 points better off than our XG would suggest after 19 matches, so 45 rather than 38 (equal to 90 vs 76). So you’re right we were outperforming our XG at that point, though I guess 76 points is still a lot better than the second half of the season! (Which XG-wise I calculate as 26 points, so 52 across the whole season).

*Just counted a difference of 0.5 or less as a draw, and anything bigger than 0.5 as a win for that team.

Back