• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jonathan Rowe

JerusalemMan

Johnny Morrison
A recent link. Anyone have much knowledge of Championship football and able to comment?

Strange that West Ham need a winger and are linked Clarke and Bergwijn, maybe Rowe would be the better option
Rowe has been linked to West Ham before. And anyway, links really dont mean that much 95% of the time - the vast majority of signings come outside of the Twitter/media links not just for our club but all PL clubs.

As for Clarke, @Bedfordspurs is right - Clarke has progressed really well. He also has two more goals than Rowe and same number of assists in the league.....

Rowe has been linked to West Ham before. And anyway, links really dont mean that much 95% of the time - the vast majority of signings come outside of the Twitter/media links not just for our club but all PL clubs.

As for Clarke, @Bedfordspurs is right - Clarke has progressed really well. He also has two more goals than Rowe and same number of assists in the league.....

He was always the standout player in a poor U21 team here, and only got to play in the absolutely rubbish "rotation teams" loved on here. I'm pleased for him and hope he can get to get a proper chance in the PL.

I heard from a Sunderland fan that Clarke was a bit of a 'cut inside and shoot ' merchant, who when he doesn't scores, contributes very little. Can't argue with his goals this season though he hey? I bet Sunderland will try and cash in on him soon though. Lucky for us we apparently have a 40% sell on

I heard from a Sunderland fan that Clarke was a bit of a 'cut inside and shoot ' merchant, who when he doesn't scores, contributes very little. Can't argue with his goals this season though he hey? I bet Sunderland will try and cash in on him soon though. Lucky for us we apparently have a 40% sell on
Cut inside and shoot
Not a bad tactic if you can hit it well

But the problem is in the Premier League defenders are much better prepared to defend against this.

See Anthony, he did it loads in the Dutch league - doesn't work in PL. You need to have much more to your game.....
It depends on the quality of the player doing it. Antony wasn't special at this particular playstyle in Holland either.

We do need a direct dribbly style threat from out wide.

But the problem is in the Premier League defenders are much better prepared to defend against this.

See Anthony, he did it loads in the Dutch league - doesn't work in PL. You need to have much more to your game.....
Clarke may be better than Tony
Let’s be honest… he is basically Nani

Clarke may be better than Tony
Let’s be honest… he is basically Nani
Who are all these wingers in the PL who's only trick is cutting inside and shooting and produce consistently?

Salah and Kulusevski are two players that originally only did this, but then defenders caught onto this and showed them on the outside and they have had to find new ways. Kulu now takes the ball outside the full back sometimes rather than cut inside like he constantly used to.

So Clarke will have to improve and find new ways of beating a defender and scoring. If he does, then yes he will be better than Antony, if he doesnt and then he will go the same way....

Who are all these wingers in the PL who's only trick is cutting inside and shooting and produce consistently?

Salah and Kulusevski are two players that originally only did this, but then defenders caught onto this and showed them on the outside and they have had to find new ways. Kulu now takes the ball outside the full back sometimes rather than cut inside like he constantly used to.

So Clarke will have to improve and find new ways of beating a defender and scoring. If he does, then yes he will be better than Antony, if he doesnt and then he will go the same way....
Or maybe he just does it in the championship because he can
And he does have other tricks he doesn’t need to use
We may see it when he goes to a prem team
The ability to shoot well is a lost skill IMO
We have players in our teams who could learn a lot by getting better shooting skills

Saka.

Very very good young player at that level
reminds me of a certain player who is now thriving at West Ham
Yep. Very good indeed. Two footed, very good finisher, good balance, rides tackles well. Also only has 18 months left on his deal. Buy and loan back would be a very good piece of business for the future.

I thought the comparison in this case was with Clarke? Rowe has more to his game than this IMO, he is very two footed so happy to go inside or out.
It was
But i was responding to your comment and highlighting rowe does also play central
I really like him
Has a lot about him

Was at the Bristol Rovers, Norwich game (don't ask) ... he was absolute pants against a pants team ....

I am going to the Norwich v West Brom game tomorrow so will keep a special eye on Rowe and try and remember to give an update....

Back