• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joe Kinnear

Ben Afri, CC, Galtieres, Amamobi, Kebabs. Dear Lord, imagine being Pardew and having this inflicted on you. Imagine having a Pleat return to Spurs forced on AVB, shudders.

boycoutt.jpg

http://bet.unibet.com/football/2013...di Sportswashing Machine-accident-progress/41

I’ve been told that a few of you didn’t really like the Tony Pulis article last week and, to be honest, I expected that. I’ve never danced to the tune of certain people in this industry. They want me sacked. Unfortunately for them, I’ve never been sacked in my life*. Look at my record. Where have these people been? On another planet? I’ve written 400 times for The Guardian**, I’ve won three Sports Writer of the Year awards***, I’ve travelled all over the world as a journalist****, but already they’re saying, ‘Oh, look out, Macintosh. Unibet will get rid of you.’ But that’s the people there, or the people there that I have upset, and they have a grudge so I expect it. It’s all water off a duck’s shoulders though.

Sigh.

If you think that the biggest problem with Joe Kinnear’s return to Saudi Sportswashing Machine is that he can’t pronounce Derek Llambias’ name, you’ve missed the point by light years. It is Kinnear’s slipperiness, his fleeting regard for the truth that threatens to destroy all the progress the club has made since they were so shamefully relegated in 2009.

If it wasn’t for the fact that numerous reliable sources have confirmed that this is really happening, that his office at the training ground is being set up as we speak, I’d be tempted to dismiss his words as those of someone who is not entirely well.

He hasn’t even been confirmed as the director of football yet and he’s already brought two days of negative headlines with him. Imagine what he could do over the course of six months.

Kinnear’s late night appearance on Talksport, and well done Andy Goldstein and co for landing it, was a humiliation even to supporters who have thought that experience had inoculated them against embarrassment. It was absolutely spectacular, a grand firework display of mistruths exploding one after another, each more awe-inspiring than the last.

“Derek Lambeezee (sic) was the director of football.” – Not unless he was doing it in secret, he wasn’t.

“I had over 400 games for Tottenham.” – No, you didn’t. You had 251.

“I’ve been manager of the year three times.” – You’ve been manager of the year once!

“When you’re at Wimbledon, you find the players yourself. There ain’t no budget.” – You signed John Hartson for £7.5m in 1999 when £7.5m was a fortune!

“I sold Robbie Earle for x,y,z.” - Robbie Earle retired a year after you left the club!

“I brought Krul to the club.” – Krul signed for Saudi Sportswashing Machine in 2005, a full three years before you arrived!

And that is hardly a comprehensive dissection. I only have so much room, you see.

Most entertaining was the suggestion that the local press didn’t like him because he didn’t, “dance to their tune.” The local press don’t want you to dance, they’d just prefer it if you didn’t repeatedly announce things that never come to pass, like takeovers and new contracts and big name Italian signings. That just makes them look silly in print. Oh, and not calling them ‘c**ts’ would probably help as well.

The other thing about the journalists up there is that they care very deeply about the fortunes of their local clubs. Partly, this is because their job security is intrinsically linked to the success of those clubs, but mostly because they understand the importance of football to the region.

It sounds like such a cliché, but until you’ve lived up there, you can’t comprehend how intense it all is. You don’t see many Liverpool or Manchester United shirts in Saudi Sportswashing Machine. There’s no dilution of loyalty. It’s like a black and white biosphere has been lowered over the city, blocking everything else out, trapping the passion, letting it heat up to dangerous levels.

The local press are not contemptuous of Kinnear because he gets people’s names wrong. Sir Bobby Robson was doing that for years. They are contemptuous of him because they know what’s going to happen here. His arrival is going to undermine Alan Pardew, unsettle the players and further alienate the supporters. It’s not an accident waiting to happen. It’s an accident in progress. It’s a runaway ice cream van, music blaring, smashing into one car after another and there’s a whole lot of hill still to go. That’s why people are angry.

But even so…Yohan Kebab? Give me strength.

* - Okay, so I was sacked by an Essex cleaning firm in 1999 for falling asleep midway through my nightshift. But that hardly counts.

** - Three appearances on Football Weekly, but it’s the same thing, right?

*** - Well, all right. I’ve won one award. The 2010 NOPA for Best Blog Contributor.

**** - I’m off to Minorca next month. Not for journalism, but still…

From BBC sport on twitter:
Saudi Sportswashing Machine have confirmed the appointment of Joe Kinnear as their new director of football on a three-year deal.#Saudi Sportswashing Machine

[video=youtube;yQhx5vUWjHk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yQhx5vUWjHk[/video]

To be fair he says Cabaye correctly in the next sentence.. He has a strong accent and is obviously not great with pronunciation, let's not go OTT

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Wow.

Did anyone else hear the Joe Kinnear interview on talksport?

The guy is bonkers. He basically got every players name wrong (Ben Afray, Yohan Kebab, Amimoby etc :lol: ), claimed to have bought loads of the current squad like Krul and James Perch which he didn't and then went on, when asked if he had a message for the Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans who were questioning his appointment, to totally slaughter them as being idiots who have no idea about football and how dare they question him with his wealth of knowledge.

It will probably be on the talksport website at some point and I implore you to listen to it. It's very very bizarre and those names are fudging hilarious!

Yohan Cabaye is said to be upset and angered by Kinnear's referral to him as "Yohan Kebab", his wife Donna is also furious.

(Blatantly stolen, but seemed worth posting)

Edit: And already posted in the Kinnear thread. Ah well, I'll leave it here if someone doesn't fancy reading the Kinnear thread, but enjoy the joke...

Last edited:
http://bet.unibet.com/football/2013...di Sportswashing Machine-accident-progress/41

I’ve been told that a few of you didn’t really like the Tony Pulis article last week and, to be honest, I expected that. I’ve never danced to the tune of certain people in this industry. They want me sacked. Unfortunately for them, I’ve never been sacked in my life*. Look at my record. Where have these people been? On another planet? I’ve written 400 times for The Guardian**, I’ve won three Sports Writer of the Year awards***, I’ve travelled all over the world as a journalist****, but already they’re saying, ‘Oh, look out, Macintosh. Unibet will get rid of you.’ But that’s the people there, or the people there that I have upset, and they have a grudge so I expect it. It’s all water off a duck’s shoulders though.

Sigh.

If you think that the biggest problem with Joe Kinnear’s return to Saudi Sportswashing Machine is that he can’t pronounce Derek Llambias’ name, you’ve missed the point by light years. It is Kinnear’s slipperiness, his fleeting regard for the truth that threatens to destroy all the progress the club has made since they were so shamefully relegated in 2009.

If it wasn’t for the fact that numerous reliable sources have confirmed that this is really happening, that his office at the training ground is being set up as we speak, I’d be tempted to dismiss his words as those of someone who is not entirely well.

He hasn’t even been confirmed as the director of football yet and he’s already brought two days of negative headlines with him. Imagine what he could do over the course of six months.

Kinnear’s late night appearance on Talksport, and well done Andy Goldstein and co for landing it, was a humiliation even to supporters who have thought that experience had inoculated them against embarrassment. It was absolutely spectacular, a grand firework display of mistruths exploding one after another, each more awe-inspiring than the last.

“Derek Lambeezee (sic) was the director of football.” – Not unless he was doing it in secret, he wasn’t.

“I had over 400 games for Tottenham.” – No, you didn’t. You had 251.

“I’ve been manager of the year three times.” – You’ve been manager of the year once!

“When you’re at Wimbledon, you find the players yourself. There ain’t no budget.” – You signed John Hartson for £7.5m in 1999 when £7.5m was a fortune!

“I sold Robbie Earle for x,y,z.” - Robbie Earle retired a year after you left the club!

“I brought Krul to the club.” – Krul signed for Saudi Sportswashing Machine in 2005, a full three years before you arrived!

And that is hardly a comprehensive dissection. I only have so much room, you see.

Most entertaining was the suggestion that the local press didn’t like him because he didn’t, “dance to their tune.” The local press don’t want you to dance, they’d just prefer it if you didn’t repeatedly announce things that never come to pass, like takeovers and new contracts and big name Italian signings. That just makes them look silly in print. Oh, and not calling them ‘c**ts’ would probably help as well.

The other thing about the journalists up there is that they care very deeply about the fortunes of their local clubs. Partly, this is because their job security is intrinsically linked to the success of those clubs, but mostly because they understand the importance of football to the region.

It sounds like such a cliché, but until you’ve lived up there, you can’t comprehend how intense it all is. You don’t see many Liverpool or Manchester United shirts in Saudi Sportswashing Machine. There’s no dilution of loyalty. It’s like a black and white biosphere has been lowered over the city, blocking everything else out, trapping the passion, letting it heat up to dangerous levels.

The local press are not contemptuous of Kinnear because he gets people’s names wrong. Sir Bobby Robson was doing that for years. They are contemptuous of him because they know what’s going to happen here. His arrival is going to undermine Alan Pardew, unsettle the players and further alienate the supporters. It’s not an accident waiting to happen. It’s an accident in progress. It’s a runaway ice cream van, music blaring, smashing into one car after another and there’s a whole lot of hill still to go. That’s why people are angry.

But even so…Yohan Kebab? Give me strength.

* - Okay, so I was sacked by an Essex cleaning firm in 1999 for falling asleep midway through my nightshift. But that hardly counts.

** - Three appearances on Football Weekly, but it’s the same thing, right?

*** - Well, all right. I’ve won one award. The 2010 NOPA for Best Blog Contributor.

**** - I’m off to Minorca next month. Not for journalism, but still…

That's good.

I love Joe Kinnear. He's like the drunk uncle at a wedding who keeps saying the wrong thing to the new in-laws. I wouldn't want him anywhere near Spurs mind, but it's hilarious to see it happening to Saudi Sportswashing Machine (again). I can see Pardew resigning before the end of the week.

Incredible that this has happened. They've got a very decent first 11 and are in a position where, with a bit more depth added to the squad, they could be on the fringes of the top positions in the league - not at the level of last season's top 5 but certainly around where Liverpool and Everton etc are. Plus with crowds of 50k every week and being a one team city (therefore helping merchandise etc) they could kick on from there

But no! This joke of a football club always finds a way of ****ing things up and there is no way that this isnt going to end in tears

Looks like MA wants pardew to go but doesn't want to pay out what I would imagine would be a substantial pay off if he sacked him. Undermining him and making his position untenable is a way of pushing him into resigning I reckon.
Its all a bit of a joke though. Its not the mispronounciation of names but the lies JK comes out with. Entertaining for non Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans.

Looks like MA wants pardew to go but doesn't want to pay out what I would imagine would be a substantial pay off if he sacked him. Undermining him and making his position untenable is a way of pushing him into resigning I reckon.
Its all a bit of a joke though. Its not the mispronounciation of names but the lies JK comes out with. Entertaining for non Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans.

Doesn't make that much sense though.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans will hate Kinnear whether or not Pardew is there, and if he's that bad then the next manager will not want to work with him either.

Doesn't make that much sense though.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans will hate Kinnear whether or not Pardew is there, and if he's that bad then the next manager will not want to work with him either.

I don't know, just trying to make sense of the decision. It could be that there is no logical reasoning and Mike Ashley is behaving like mike Ashley. Its like he gets bored and stirs things up and then sits back with his popcorn to watch it all go off around him.

Pardew apparently only gets a one-year payoff if sacked, so doesn't make much sense either. If he leaves on his own accord, who else would hire him?

Back