• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joe Kinnear

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

How many players do you need for there to be a nucleus?

I don't know but when I say nucleus, it needs to be integral members of the team, not outsiders like Danny Simpson and James Perch. They'd be better off just going entirely French rather than half and half, it seems now that Kinnear has been brought in to reverse it.

I don't know but when I say nucleus, it needs to be integral members of the team, not outsiders like Danny Simpson and James Perch. They'd be better off just going entirely French rather than half and half, it seems now that Kinnear has been brought in to reverse it.

Just asking because they do have Taylor that is an obvious first choice player. That puts them at one less (or half as many ;)) than Chelsea during their success when they had Terry and Lampard.

I think there is an advantage to having a British nucleus at a club by the way, but I don't think it's a "must have". If foreign players are significantly better value then that goes a long way to compensate.

Worth noting that their real "sign all the French players!" attitude really only showed itself in January - half a season ago. Their problems preceded all those signings. And we have seen divided squads with plenty of British players in the past just like we've seen divided squads that haven't been "half and half".

Wow.

Did anyone else hear the Joe Kinnear interview on talksport?

The guy is bonkers. He basically got every players name wrong (Ben Afray, Yohan Kebab, Amimoby etc :lol: ), claimed to have bought loads of the current squad like Krul and James Perch which he didn't and then went on, when asked if he had a message for the Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans who were questioning his appointment, to totally slaughter them as being idiots who have no idea about football and how dare they question him with his wealth of knowledge.

It will probably be on the talksport website at some point and I implore you to listen to it. It's very very bizarre and those names are fudging hilarious!

Here we go:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/andy-goldsteins-sports-bar/130617/joe-kinnear-his-Saudi Sportswashing Machine-return-alan-pardew-and-toon-media-199848

A few from a random Saudi Sportswashing Machine forum;

This is a wind up man lads, even Ashley wouldn't appoint this mentally unstable fudger, I honestly reckon they are all just having a laugh.

He's just committed professional suicide having a go at the fans like that at the end

fecker makes Bobby look like the poet Laureut

Fair play to Ashley, this is the ultimate tinkle take.

Now he's saying that Pards and him have the final say on transfers, that changed since yesterday!

Did he say he was more intelligent than all Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans at the end of his shambolic interview ???

Talksport having a ball with some of these sound bites, can someone tell me what kind of professional sports club football or not that allows a bloke to go on radio and ramble his socks off without actually being officially appointed and unveiled

Couldn't see a thread anywhere else.

Must be the funniest story of the summer, surely it can't be true. He was on the radio this morning getting all the names wrong - yohann kebabs was one of them

I am the same as you: It has GOT to be a wind-up.

I thought it must be a dream when it was announced, but for him to do all these interviews basically bricking all over Pardew, claim that he has the final say on everything and that he's a brilliant tactician and a judge of a player and then just dismiss the Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans and get all the players names wrong - you honestly couldn't make it up!

Its stuff like this that make you appreciate just how lucky we are to have the people we do running our club, no matter what you think of their transfer dealings or whatever else!

It's tremendous entertainment. GHod, remember when Saudi Sportswashing Machine, us and City were the joke clubs. Now it's just them. This is bonkers stuff.

One thing I'll give Kinnear. He is pure box office. That press conference a few years back was comical ("You're a c**t") and he seems to be topping it now. If I was Mike Ashley and there was any truth in this, I'd be giving Kinnear a severe kick in the nuts. Hope it rumbles on for a while yet and there is a twist in the tail somewhere.

Yohan Cabaye is furious at being called Yohan Kebab by Joe Kinnear.

His wife Donna is also said to be livid.

Some people don't read the Other Games Thread. :-"

Wow.

Did anyone else hear the Joe Kinnear interview on talksport?

The guy is bonkers. He basically got every players name wrong (Ben Afray, Yohan Kebab, Amimoby etc :lol: ), claimed to have bought loads of the current squad like Krul and James Perch which he didn't and then went on, when asked if he had a message for the Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans who were questioning his appointment, to totally slaughter them as being idiots who have no idea about football and how dare they question him with his wealth of knowledge.

It will probably be on the talksport website at some point and I implore you to listen to it. It's very very bizarre and those names are fudging hilarious!

Here we go:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/andy-goldsteins-sports-bar/130617/joe-kinnear-his-Saudi Sportswashing Machine-return-alan-pardew-and-toon-media-199848

A few from a random Saudi Sportswashing Machine forum;

Where's Greg when you need him?

It's the other things though, getting Derek Llambias' name wrong (which is actually a little worse than the players seen as though the guy was one of the ones who employed you), as well as saying he was the previous DOF not the Managing Director.

He made a big deal about how at Wimbledon he brought players in on frees and sold them for big profit, like John Hartson (who he paid £7.5M for - although to be fair I think they doubled that when they sold him to Coventry).

He made over 400 appearances for Spurs, when it was half that.

That the press conference when he lost it and kept swearing was not fair on him because they had just beaten us 2-1 when in fact their last game was a 2-1 loss to Blackburn.

It's just very very strange.

This HAS to be a tinkle take from the chairman to get Pardew to quit. They cant afford to sack him on a 7 year contract so instead, they make his job untenable with this laughing stock appointment of Kinnear. If not, and Ashley is serious about this, then he is clearly as bonkers as Kinnear himself. Either way, its hilarious watching them implode in front of our eyes. Kinnear clearly has mental health problems but you cant help but laugh at the ego he see's hinself.

To me it seems like Mike Ashley is trolling the Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans by doing things that make fudge all sense. Joe Kinnear as DOF? Pardew 8 year contract? Sports direct stadium?

It's almost as if he's hoping for Pardew and Kinnear to clash which will cause some Eastenders like slanging match, just so he's entertained. It's all rather weird (And amusing).

Back