• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jermain Defoe

My fondest memory of Defoe was him leaving us for first team football after we cup tied him in the FA Cup.

We went on to win the Carling Cup that year and Portsmouth, the club we sold him too, won the FA Cup.

How's your luck Jermain?

Seriously though, to get rid of Altidiore and bring Defoe in is outstanding business.

When you consider some of the rubbish that has played up front for us in the last 20 years I cannot believe some of the comments against Defoe in this thread.

Yes he had faults but come the fcuk on, get real people

Had a dream last night it was 1-1 today and in the 90th minute Defoe dives for a penalty, ref gives it and Defoe tells the ref it wasn't a pen and the ref gives a corner instead. Full time whistle blows and the whole of white hart lane sing Defoe off the pitch ( not boo the team for not winning ) ........ Fairytale stuff lol

Have no ill feeling towards Defoe, thought he always served us well although he was a limited player.

You just know he's going to score against us though.

My fondest memory of Defoe was him leaving us for first team football after we cup tied him in the FA Cup.

We went on to win the Carling Cup that year and Portsmouth, the club we sold him too, won the FA Cup.

How's your luck Jermain?

Seriously though, to get rid of Altidiore and bring Defoe in is outstanding business.

Shows you how unlucky Defoe had been in his career. IIRC, all the big clubs in the PL, including ManU, wanted to sign him but we managed to get him instead. It didn't help him at all that we were on a period of unstability after that with constant change of managers.

Shows you how unlucky Defoe had been in his career. IIRC, all the big clubs in the PL, including ManU, wanted to sign him but we managed to get him instead. It didn't help him at all that we were on a period of unstability after that with constant change of managers.

I must have missed or forgotten that

Never really lived up to his massive potential - he really should have become one of the best players in the Premiership, but after he got to about 21/22 he never really improved all that much. He used to frustrate me so much sometimes. Only ever did it for half a season at a time - in 2004, 2009 and 2012 he scored a ****load of goals in the first half of the season and then got something like 3 goals in the second half. Defoe (and Lennon) have summed up Tottenham over the last decade for me. Absolutely brilliant at times, capable of real moments of magic, but inconsistent and often flopped in the big games.

I'll always have a soft spot for him though. Anyone who scores 143 goals for us is a legend of some sorts, maybe not in the very top bracket but certainly someone we all have fond memories of. He's our top European goalscorer. Our top goalscorer overall since 1976. Only Sheringham scored more Premier League goals for us than Defoe. And you have to remember, he first joined us when we were absolute dog****, hovering just above the relegation zone with Pleat as our manager picking players like Gary Doherty and Helder Postiga. Defoe is the symbol of our transition from being mid-table ****e to the "best of the rest" type team that could one day attract players like Berbatov, Modric and Bale, and for that I'll be eternally grateful.

[video=youtube;r9xz06AOmaQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9xz06AOmaQ[/video]

I would disagree with that, if he stayed and fought for his place he would have had a winners medal - it's his moaning about wanting to leave which is why he hasn't got as much support as his goals should afford him.

I personally think He would have been found out at a club like united

Shocked at the amount of disrespect Defoe is getting. Maybe today he give you something to think about.

Average player who only ever looked out for himself. Not much to respect. Just imagine if he had put as much effort into improving as a football player as did with the ladies.

Defoe finished the game with 1 shot (which was off target), 4 offsides (I thought he also looked offside just before Jan fouled him for their equalising FK) and 5 passes (all successful).

@EPLStatman: Jermain Defoe made just 4 passes in the first half - 2 were from kick off (@StatsZone Image) #SAFC
B7kDXTHCQAEuwJf.jpg

Shocked at the amount of disrespect Defoe is getting. Maybe today he give you something to think about.

Not really, no, a year playing in a **** league has seem him go down a notch or two. Out of the two I'd rather have Altidore any day than a past it Defoe... 3 and a half year deal, that is one very badly managed club.

Not really, no, a year playing in a **** league has seem him go down a notch or two. Out of the two I'd rather have Altidore any day than a past it Defoe... 3 and a half year deal, that is one very badly managed club.

hahahaha .. have you seen Altidore play? he's going to fail in MLS ..

great performance by define today considering he's been playing in a mickey mouse league and was lacking match fitness, why were we not in for him, its not as if we're overloaded with great attacking talent

It would have been a good loan signing for the rest of the season, but saddling themselves to a 3 1/2 year contract is madness.

When did he ever score that many long rangers? You do know he was the little black guy always offside and who scored more in the back seat of cars than on the pitch, and not the the burly Welsh fellow?

He'd struggle to 3 a season at a naff club like Sunderland and with age creeping up on him.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6AjThS1qw3Y

Plenty of goals 16+ yards in there
Those are the kind of goals he'll get a Sunderland, get in to him 25 yards out, couple of touches and bang it towards goal.

Back