• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jermain Defoe

Some people's memories on Defoe are truly laughable :lol:

In his last 12 months with us Defoe scored ONE PREMIER LEAGUE GOAL FFS

Yeah I wanted to post that too, plus he wasn't exactly lighting up the mls... But then I thought about the many times ex players and debutants have scored against us, and didn't want to jinx us. NOW YOU HAVE

I've never been so disappointed as the day we brought him back. We had finally managed to get rid FFS!

This thread is a disgrace one of our clubs all time greats getting **** on and no less he can still surely do a better job than the two wastes of money we have at striker behind Kane

@danielstorey85: Jermain Defoe scored 2 goals in last 1262 PL minutes before moving to MLS. At that rate he'll get 19 over contract if he plays every minute.

@WindyCOYS: @tomedwards @LukeEdwardsTele Worth noting that Defoe scored 2 PL goals in the whole of 2013 (11 starts, 15 sub appearances).

All time great? :lol:

Apparently scoring goals in the Europa League group stages puts Defoe up alongside Blanchflower, Greaves, Hoddle, MacKay, Ardilles, Gazza...

Hopefully Kane will continue his impressive scoring form and, after a couple more European campaigns, Defoe' record will be smashed by someone who is truly one of our own!

Hopefully he'll continue being his own offside-trap.

Any stats on that, anyone ?

Still sorta like him, though.

@danielstorey85: Jermain Defoe scored 2 goals in last 1262 PL minutes before moving to MLS. At that rate he'll get 19 over contract if he plays every minute.

@WindyCOYS: @tomedwards @LukeEdwardsTele Worth noting that Defoe scored 2 PL goals in the whole of 2013 (11 starts, 15 sub appearances).

Apparently scoring goals in the Europa League group stages puts Defoe up alongside Blanchflower, Greaves, Hoddle, MacKay, Ardilles, Gazza...

Hopefully Kane will continue his impressive scoring form and, after a couple more European campaigns, Defoe' record will be smashed by someone who is truly one of our own!

I am not Defoe's biggest fan by a long stretch, but the man scored 90 goals in the league for us, not a legend alongside the greats you mention, but I have alot of fond memories from him.

This thread is a disgrace one of our clubs all time greats getting **** on and no less he can still surely do a better job than the two wastes of money we have at striker behind Kane

JD is not an all time great of THFC.

A good, sometimes very good, striker who scored a fair few goals for us, often in relatively dark times (especially considering the far more upwards trend we've been on in the last few years), as well as contributingto a lot of great moments in those times. Of course he is definitely way below his peak now, he's 32 and I do recall his last season for us, which was very poor.

But forget about that - JD deserves far more respect than some of the mugging off he's receive on here. He's been a very good player and an important part of our recent history. I hope he does well for Sunderland, starting from their game AFTER tomorrow.

Defoe' record will be smashed by someone who is truly one of our own!

Really harsh this in my book

One he scored goals in all competitions for Spurs over the years and joined the club during transitional period when we were hardly setting the world on fire. In fact we had Pleat as manager and he still excelled, I remember him being our only shining light in that period. So its unfair to judge him against players that played in Great Sides.

I also remember the fact his goals launched us into the Champions League in 09-10, he was great that season.

You don't become a clubs 5th top scorer for a club if you are not a top player and Defoe was a top goal scorer in my book, was he an all rounded player that could provide, head and score - No, but those players don't come to play for Spurs.

Fondly remembered and as for the comment - "Truly one of our own" that's the biggest bunch of garbage I have ever read.

Are we the only club whose 'supporters' constantly **** upon our own players (be they past or present) with such regularity?

Are we the only club whose 'supporters' constantly **** upon our own players (be they past or present) with such regularity?

It seems that way at times. I mean when I read this thread it feels you can't celebrate the achievements of someone that scored a number of goals because a) They are not Jimmy Greaves b) some of the goals came in Europe c) he is now 32 d) he didn't come through the academy?

Hopefully he'll continue being his own offside-trap.

Any stats on that, anyone ?

Still sorta like him, though.

Over the past 10 league campaigns Defoe has been caught offside 339 times at an average of once every 55 minutes, although he seems to have cut down on this habit somewhat in recent seasons.

w0l474.jpg

I am not Defoe's biggest fan by a long stretch, but the man scored 90 goals in the league for us, not a legend alongside the greats you mention, but I have alot of fond memories from him.

As do I and I wish Defoe all the best at Sunderland but it just irks me the way some fans laud him as being one of the greatest players to ever pull on a Lilywhite shirt and have a very rose tinted view of his latter years at Spurs which they then use to **** off our current players.

Defoe deserves some respect as he is our all-time record goal scorer in Europe with 23 goals. He broke Martin Chivers's 39-year European record last season. Defoe didn't have good goal scoring record for us in the league. But his record in the Cup competitions was simply brilliant. Sherwood did a stupid mistake by letting him go, instead of making use of his excellent record in the Cups. As for Defoe, he was stupid to go to Canada that early. Always knew it was too early for him as he can still play 2-3 years in the top leagues.

Too bad it didn't work well for Defoe at Spurs. Thought he would become a top striker for us but it was not to be. Still remember his first few matches for us when he was so lethal in front of goal. Still remember that 4-4 draw with Leicester when he scored 2 excellent goals. Maybe the Spurs jinx affected him after that.

Still have fond memories of Defoe due to his Cup goals. I guess will applaud him if he does play and score against us for Sunderland. I used to tease my 5 year old nephew by calling him Defoe. And he started to like it before Defoe left. A few days ago I playfully asked my nephew why Defoe is joining Sunderland. For that he replied because people at Tottenham treated him badly, referring to his elder brothers who are Spurs fans.:lol:

Back