• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jermain Defoe

Just announced his retirement. Will always be a legend in my opinion. Good luck with the future

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60860430

Super player. Was so excited when he signed in 2004 because he was just so explosive when he got the ball. Sort of like an early version of Kane. If he got the ball within 30 yards of goal, he'd have one thing on his mind and he scored a few belters. Not sure why he never quite scaled the heights I expected but he was really good for us in a very likeable team.

Him omission from the 2006 World Cup squad remains an absolute scandal. That decision still stinks to high heaven. Taking a 16 year old kid who didn't kick a ball and clearly wasn't ready over an established PL striker. Baffling.

Nonetheless, great player, great memories and he seems like a great bloke too.

Will never forget sitting on row three behind the Wigan goalie in the second half of THAT game, watching Defoe slot in one goal after another. Great player for us, and from what I understand also a great person.
I took an ex to that game, she thought every game was going to be like that, she was very disappointed.
Loved Defoe despite his inability to get his head round the offside rule.
A scorer of great goals rather than a great goal scorer and as others have said has always come across as a nice lad. Thanks for the great memories Jermaine.

I took an ex to that game, she thought every game was going to be like that, she was very disappointed.
Loved Defoe despite his inability to get his head round the offside rule.
A scorer of great goals rather than a great goal scorer and as others have said has always come across as a nice lad. Thanks for the great memories Jermaine.

It was a mad game - I went there with my Liverpool-supporting friend, and his grin got bigger and bigger as the goals flew in. He thoroughly enjoyed the game, which was ulike anything he'd ever seen at Anfield.

He won something as well didn’t he? Was he part of the league cup winning team? Or the Portsmouth F.A cup winning team?

Back