• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Wish List and Predicitions

And how many assists?

According to the whoscored ratings Eriksen has had the following trajectory in the Premier League.

Season___Rating
13/14____7.22
14/15____7.09
15/16____7.45
16/17____7.37

So in fact the season that you consider to be his best was the worst in terms of his statistical rating. Addtionally a rating of 7.37 makes Eriksen Spurs' 3rd best performing player this season (after Rose and Walker with ratings of 7.50 and 7.48 accordingly). Interestingly enough last season Eriksen was also rated our 3rd best player (after Dembele with 7.69 and Kane with 7.53).

Also if we just consider it in terms of Premier League goals and assists:

In 13/14 Eriksen got 7 goals and 8 assists (15 combined)
In 14/15 Eriksen got 10 goals and 2 assists (12 combined)
In 15/16 Eriksen got 6 goals and 13 assists (19 combined)
So far in 16/17 Eriksen has got 5 goals and 4 assists (9 combined). That is after 16 games. He is therefore definitely on track to improve upon season 14/15 and on track to at least match, and probably better, last season.

I think most people (even you?) would agree that Walker and Rose have been amongst our best performers this season and that Dembele and Kane were amongst our best performers last season. I wonder whether perhaps you need to actually observe our games and judge the players on their actual merits instead of allowing an inherent bias towards/against certain players to cloud your vision?

There bloody good stats

Mate, sorry to disappoint you, anyone who is a proven/guaranteed upgrade on Eriksen, we can't afford and/or won't come to us ...

Reality is this squad is very hard for Spurs to improve, despite the current perception challenge, this squad has scored more, conceded less and gained more points in first half of season than last. The ony obvious additions would not be first 11, i.e. a wide player and additional striker.

It's incredibly hard as we have a great first 11 that can beat anyone

Any player coming in would want top £££ to justify the risk

If we finish with no new additions and only Bentaleb+possibly Vorm/Carroll sold, I really wouldn't mind - we did our burst of shopping in the summer, and recouping that net spend now would be acceptable.

Still, I'll go out on a limb and say that Jose Fonte or Berahino would be good additions provided they can be secured for less than 5 million pounds - alternatively, pre-contracts with Sead Kolasinac of Schalke or Andrew Robertson of Hull (both young, reasonably talented LBs with contracts that expire in 2017) should Davies be marked as one for the exit door come the summer also would make me more than happy.

Hugo signing his new contract really re-jigs what I thought would be necessary this summer, tbh - I was increasingly of the opinion that we could lose him, and thus some major rebuilding would be needed at the GK position. Now that he's guaranteed to stay for at least another year or two, our task, providing everything continues chugging along in roughly the same fashion between now and then, is only to look to replace our squad players if they leave while searching for that X factor in attacking midfield. I'd wager Wimmer, Trippier, Carroll, Bentaleb and Davies would together fetch upwards of 70 million quid in fees, and we could use that on negating the net spend from the Sissoko's transfer and targeting a few quality players while letting youngsters (KWP, Edwards et al) take up the less important squad slots. And the same applies to any January plans we may have.

Wish list in: No need to hold back I suppose. Reus and Dembele (Celtic). Best part of £100mil there. Thanks Nike.
Wish list out: hmm....um..... er....Fazio.

Reality list in: Would like us to try for Depay. He's the next Hazard, or was before he went to Utd. You just never know.
Reality list out: Carroll I guess. He is a very good player IMO who plays with his head up but looks like it just won't work out for him here. The time for a loan is past I would think so a 8-10mil transfer to <insert team here> would be good business.

They have drive in their eyes and you can see their game progressing at steady rates (admittedly Alli is having a difficult second season drop-off, but that was quite predictable and I think he has the tools to weather it). Eriksen has plateaued for several seasons now though and still goes rabbit in the headlights on the big occasions.

All very well having "drive in their eyes" but you do know they actually have to deliver right? As inconsistent as Eriksen is, he's still clearly the most consistent attacking midfielder we have when it comes to scoring and creating.

Alli has shown he has an eye for goal and makes great runs, but I wouldn't call him creative by any stretch. I love Alli but he still has to prove he's more than a one season wonder tbh.

As for Lamela, he has had one good season since he arrived in 2013! How is that consistent? He was poor until he got injured this season also.

So I ask again, why would you sell our most consistent attacking midfielder?

I definitely agree that position is a problem for us and we need that X factor player but Eriksen is not the problem.

Surely that's either Dembele or Winks?

There's been a few mitigating things this season so far - Dier's Euros hangover, Dembele's form/fitness issues, Wanyama settling into the system and Winks only just emerging. But I can't see many players under £30m who would significantly improve upon that quartet.

I especially wouldn't want us to bring in a bed blocker ahead of Winks (who is the new Modric!)

Dembele is nothing like Modric and is not a playmaker and Winks has to improve alot to be the type of player to take us to the next level in that position.

I'm quite happy with our squad as it is.

To be honest i am as well, i still think the Dembélé situation is a worry and unless Sissoko steps up we are going to need to look for other alternatives long term.. But for this window i am not worried if we do not bring anyone in.

Unless we can get a genuine upgrade on what we already have for the first team, then I don't think it is worth buying another squad player - we have enough of those. We do still need some extra X factor in our attack IMO to take us to the next level.

Carroll needs to leave for the sake of his career, but I can see Levy trying to get more for him than he's worth. He'll probably still be with us come February.
Fazio is rumoured to be on the verge of a permanent move to Roma.
If we lost Vorm, I'd be a little upset and I'd worry about our cover if Lloris got injured. Then again Lopez was playing in Spain's top league last season so we could probably trust him.

So far as the in's go; I don't see any happening nor do I think we have any glaring gaps in our team. The players we would want/need to improve on our squad will not be available at a good price. I also still think Poch is tinkering with his first choice team and we are still waiting to see if the likes of N'Koudou and Sissoko will have a lasting affect on the first team. If we did get someone in, I'd not expect them to have an affect on the team until next season.

Carroll needs to leave for the sake of his career, but I can see Levy trying to get more for him than he's worth. He'll probably still be with us come February.
Fazio is rumoured to be on the verge of a permanent move to Roma.
If we lost Vorm, I'd be a little upset and I'd worry about our cover if Lloris got injured. Then again Lopez was playing in Spain's top league last season so we could probably trust him.

So far as the in's go; I don't see any happening nor do I think we have any glaring gaps in our team. The players we would want/need to improve on our squad will not be available at a good price. I also still think Poch is tinkering with his first choice team and we are still waiting to see if the likes of N'Koudou and Sissoko will have a lasting affect on the first team. If we did get someone in, I'd not expect them to have an affect on the team until next season.
Fazio has played enough games to automatically trigger a permanent move. Vorm just signed a new contract.

Wish list in: Max Meyer and Julian Brandt
I don't really want anyone to leave, but expect Fazio will be permanent, and I can't see a future for Carrol.

Expected in: None

Unless we can get a genuine upgrade on what we already have for the first team, then I don't think it is worth buying another squad player - we have enough of those. We do still need some extra X factor in our attack IMO to take us to the next level.

In terms of squad players, we don't have natural cover for Toby, Dembele or (unless Janssen is able to modify his game) Kane. So getting cover for any of those would be good

Agree about your final point though

Back