• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer window wishlist

id also add that should Carroll impress at QPR id be interested in recalling him (is it a season long deal??) and give him the Eriksen back up role and possibly let Holtby get a premiership loan should his playing time in the first half of the season become restricted

At least 3 players. LB, maybe RB. Player for top 3 , someone who can play left/right/central. Lennon,Chadli,Townsend not good enough. Soldado not good enough so far.Would be a mistake to not sign the right players. The player for the front 3 has be top tier or genuinely promising youngster.

if we go into Feb with Rose and Townsend in the team, we will only have ourselves to blame when we finish outside the CL places again.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Huddlestone and Caulker back when we have serious relegation fears. Swap AVB for Martin Allen too.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Sorry is Townsend class? Would he get near any of our rivals team? Lennon is a very decent squad/sub, but if we are serious about really challenging we need an upgrade. Chadli does not look like one, from what I have seen so far.

There is a reason why Arsenal always finish above us , year after year.

Has the penny dropped?

Sorry is Townsend class? Would he get near any of our rivals team? Lennon is a very decent squad/sub, but if we are serious about really challenging we need an upgrade. Chadli does not look like one, from what I have seen so far.

Has the penny dropped?

Townsend is young player just coming into his own. The chances are Lamela will take his spot anyway but either way he's a very promising talent. I'm not too sure where Lennon is now in the pecking order but if he can find top form again he is a very useful weapon to have in our ars....um...locker.

Writing off Chadli after a few games is bizarre. He hasn't even been playing badly and apparently played a great game in the international there last week. Lots more to come from this guy.

Arsenal finish above us because they are better over the season (and have the devils luck), but the chasm that existed between our sides is a mere crack now and who knows what will happen this year. I think we're in as good shape as we've ever been. Got to be positive, right? ;)

Townsend is young player just coming into his own. The chances are Lamela will take his spot anyway but either way he's a very promising talent. I'm not too sure where Lennon is now in the pecking order but if he can find top form again he is a very useful weapon to have in our ars....um...locker.

Writing off Chadli after a few games is bizarre. He hasn't even been playing badly and apparently played a great game in the international there last week. Lots more to come from this guy.

Arsenal finish above us because they are better over the season (and have the devils luck), but the chasm that existed between our sides is a mere crack now and who knows what will happen this year. I think we're in as good shape as we've ever been. Got to be positive, right? ;)

Are Arsenal lucky? they normally have loads of injuries as they have atm. they finsih above us, because they have better players and generally do not play players who are as weak as we do.

Livermore, Hudd and Palacios would not have played for them. Their players rarely slip below a certain standard. They do not play English players from the ranks unless they are good enough. Gibbs, Wheelchair, the others get a very occasional outing in the CC and are loaned out and sold.

Not writing of Chadli, just passing comment on what I have seen, not the same thing.

Has the penny dropped?

Seeing as our rivals variously include this lot in their squads:

Oxlade-Chamberlain
Januzaj (sp)
Zaha
Sterling
De Bruyne

Then why not Townsend?

3 things left to address IMO:

1) first choice LB - Coentrao or equivalent
2) first choice LF - Muniain or equivalent
3) back-up CF - Hernandez/Rodrigo or equivalent

I'd also like to see us starting to eye up a replacement for Friedel for the summer.

how do you find a backup for one as talented as Eriksen?

Holtby?

Can we just raid the football league for some young British talent, I always liked it when we pulled off double signings like Davies/Etherington, Reid/Dawson and Walker/Naughton because you always felt there was a good chance one of them would make it.

Are there any clubs with good youngsters out there these days? or have they all already been priced above 10m!

EDIT: In all honestly I doubt there are many (if any) prospects in the lower leagues with potential to get fast tracked into our current 11. The level we are at nowadays any new youngster will be shipped straight back out and made to complete our 5 year step by step loan plan up through the leagues that we seem to have established :)

Will Hughes at Derby is the standout player of the next generation IMO. Luke Shaw too, but obviously already in the EPL.

3 things left to address IMO:

1) first choice LB - Coentrao or equivalent
2) first choice LF - Muniain or equivalent
3) back-up CF - Hernandez/Rodrigo or equivalent

I'd also like to see us starting to eye up a replacement for Friedel for the summer.

I'm not worried about LF, I'm not convinced that we need a new one at the moment.

First choice left back and new reserve keeper would be good though.

I would like to see Gomes sign for a club where he can get regular first team football. I have a lot of time for him. I know things didn't work out for him here but he deserves a good opportunity elsewhere. He comes across as a good guy so want him to be a success elsewhere.,

Seeing as our rivals variously include this lot in their squads:

Oxlade-Chamberlain
Januzaj (sp)
Zaha
Sterling
De Bruyne

Then why not Townsend?

If we were watching Townsend playing for another team as good as he has played for Spurs he would be on the wish list.

I am really warming to Andros and with better players around him he will help us win away games against most of the EPL sides.

Back