• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

It was the perfect storm. He wanted to prove a point to Man U and also trying to play his way into the England Euro squad. He was also a lot fresher than everyone else when he joined West Ham having not played for almost half a season unlike most teams players. Hes not a bad player but is highly unlikely to continue that purple patch in the coming seasons…..

And yet when someone has not played for half of a season the normal excuse is that they are rusty and lack match fitness.

Funny how people always seem to find a way to twist the facts suit their agenda.

And yet when someone has not played for half of a season the normal excuse is that they are rusty and lack match fitness.

Funny how people always seem to find a way to twist the facts suit their agenda.
I haven’t got an agenda, just stating facts - not sure why you have got such a hard on for a player who hasn’t done anything before or since his purple patch that just conveniently happened to be when England Euro squad selection was coming up. Rustiness and lacking match fitness is the comments made when a player has just returned from injury, not someone who has been keeping fit but not getting played much - unless you want to give examples of players this has been said about? He can be a decent enough player, nothing more nothing less….

The thing not just with Lingard but many players. If you’re playing regularly you get in a good rhythm. It can be hard to show anything like your best if you’re a bit part player or playing out of position. Some players are more adaptable than others. Doesn’t make a player bad. Just some managers and some systems are going to get a better tune out of a player than others.

On a completely different level I see it when I watch non league all the time. My local side had a player a few years ago for example he’d been bounced around a few teams with managers not being able to get the best out of him. Came to us a year and a bit later sold to Portsmouth.

The thing not just with Lingard but many players. If you’re playing regularly you get in a good rhythm. It can be hard to show anything like your best if you’re a bit part player or playing out of position. Some players are more adaptable than others. Doesn’t make a player bad. Just some managers and some systems are going to get a better tune out of a player than others.

On a completely different level I see it when I watch non league all the time. My local side had a player a few years ago for example he’d been bounced around a few teams with managers not being able to get the best out of him. Came to us a year and a bit later sold to Portsmouth.

Dele was playing regularly when his form slipped.

Agree with your point that some players are just more adaptable while others need a narrow set of conditions to thrive. Probably no different from regular humans and their careers if you think about it.

I think Emirates Marketing Project will gazump us.
Just don’t see him being their kind of player
They would (IMO) want a more fluid striker who joins in build up play
Vlahovic is very much a striker who gets on the end of things. Him in front of Kane and son would be very interesting

The last striker they signed in Jesus was 20. And Vhlaovic is not a prospect, he is the real deal now.....
Didn’t they also sign recently a Spanish winger they play as a striker
They also have a few very good young strikers coming through
If I was guessing they would go for someone like Felix from Atletico

The type of player that some people on here categorise as rubbish never ceases to amaze me, I guess everyone has their opinions
Do you think he is creative enough for it to make sense? He scores when he is on his streaks but does he create much for others? Especially when he's not on a hot streak?

Do you think he is creative enough for it to make sense? He scores when he is on his streaks but does he create much for others? Especially when he's not on a hot streak?
He is a good player
But I’m not convinced he is the good if that makes sense

They don't really shop in the prospects market though do they. They'll probably go more for a sure thing like Osimhen or Isak or someone
Don’t rule out a spite signing. I’m sure chelsea made a few just because we were interested in the player!

Back