• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

Great post @Finney Is Back and music to Levy's ears. Sell a bunch of meh players for fees ACCEPTABLE TO PARATICI'S BUCKET and replace them with freebies like this.

IF IF IF they are genuinely good enough (I have no clue about these players) then it is such brilliant business.
Not least because if they fail we can sell each one for £10m or WHATEVER less than their true value and cover the cost of their wage "experiment"

Great post @Finney Is Back and music to Levy's ears. Sell a bunch of meh players for fees ACCEPTABLE TO PARATICI'S BUCKET and replace them with freebies like this.

IF IF IF they are genuinely good enough (I have no clue about these players) then it is such brilliant business.
Not least because if they fail we can sell each one for £10m or WHATEVER less than their true value and cover the cost of their wage "experiment"
Selling isn't always easy due to the wages that the players are on.... Though if we structure the deal right so that a fair chunk of the wage is loyalty bonus then that does make it easier (though the transfer fee can then get swallowed up by paying the player the remaining instalments of the loyalty bonus).

We don't have that many to sell, our squad is reasonably trim now (24 senior players). Doherty, Davies and Carter-Vickers are the only 3 of them I don't think anyone would dispute should never play another game for us. I know lots are in the Winks and Alli camps too, but I think a new coach would want to at least look at them. All 5 of those are homegrown(ish) though and only Alli will be on offputting wages.

We don't have that many to sell, our squad is reasonably trim now (24 senior players). Doherty, Davies and Carter-Vickers are the only 3 of them I don't think anyone would dispute should never play another game for us. I know lots are in the Winks and Alli camps too, but I think a new coach would want to at least look at them. All 5 of those are homegrown(ish) though and only Alli will be on offputting wages.

Allis wages are not astronomical for clubs like West ham, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Leicester etc. I get the home grown aspect but to keep winks and Alli there is just doing so for the sakes of it.

We have some talented youth that could occupy those bench places instead of having them two sitting there never doing anything to change a game or make an impact.

Carter vickers is at celtic.

T
New coach will have 2 months to decide

Winks
Davies
Doherty
Dele
One of or maybe even both of Dier and Sanchez
Bergwijn

Would be happy for any or preferably all of these to leave.

Maybe Kane can leave as well if we can't get his mojo back.

I think the whole squad is up for the axe if they can't turn things around by Jan. They have got three managers sacked and stupidly backed by the non footballing brains of Levy.

It's about time these clams know what pride and how privileged they are to wear a Spurs shirt, not just to put in inconsistent performances and turn up when they fancy it.

Winks
Davies
Doherty
Dele
One of or maybe even both of Dier and Sanchez
Bergwijn

Would be happy for any or preferably all of these to leave.

Maybe Kane can leave as well if we can't get his mojo back.

I think Bergwijn and Alli would work excellent in a Conte system. Bergwijn as RWB, Alli as the high CM presser.

I think Bergwijn and Alli would work excellent in a Conte system. Bergwijn as RWB, Alli as the high CM presser.
The players aren't good enough. Conte isn't a magician, be needs good tools to perform his work. Let's get him the right tools and if that means moving some existing players on so be it.

Ps. Assuming Conte comes.

The players aren't good enough. Conte isn't a magician, be needs good tools to perform his work. Let's get him the right tools and if that means moving some existing players on so be it.

Ps. Assuming Conte comes.

The top coaches can. Rose and Dembele were in similar hopeless positions when Poch arrived. Conte has form too (Moses, Lukaku)

Back