• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

It would be worth a bid for RVP just to annoy the gooners if nothing else. He's the best striker in the league at the moment but there's a 0% chance he'll sign for us.

This.

Plus his injury problems are less then king and we've persisted with him haven't we?

From todays liverpool Echo....

'WHEN John Henry and Tom Werner were informed about Liverpool FC's interest in Stewart Downing last summer they turned to the internet to find out more. The Reds' principal owner and chairman stumbled across a video on YouTube which grabbed their attention.

"There was some footage of Stewart where he is, from 30 yards away, kicking a football into five different trash cans and it's brilliant," Werner recalled. "John and I said: 'Oh my GHod, this player is brilliant, we've got to figure out a way to make a deal with him'."

'The American duo later discovered the footage had been doctored but the excitement at Downing's arrival remained.'

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/01/21/bolton-v-liverpool-fc-preview-kenny-dalglish-s-belief-in-stewart-downing-unwavering-100252-30167724/

:D

I've emailed Liverpool for attention of Henry and Werner:

[video=youtube;ibu2pA8xh6g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibu2pA8xh6g[/video]

15 mil and he's yours!

I was thinking, can we even sign a player whilst old 'Arry is in court? Surely levy cannot sign anyone without consulting him. Levy does do a good bit of independent business though.

Id rather not sign anyone, than do what Pool have done over the last year. But saying that, Id love Llorente!

F#ck RVP. Gooner prick with glass legs.

I was thinking, can we even sign a player whilst old 'Arry is in court? Surely levy cannot sign anyone without consulting him. Levy does do a good bit of independent business though.

They can still speak in the evenings. Levy does the real work anyway, and only downside would be if a prospective player wanted to speak to the manager. As I understand Harry has to stay in Court building until 45ms after close of day, so after that point he and levy be able to speak. Not convinced at all though that we are going to do anything. Shame if true because love to see us push on a bit, but obviously easier said than done!

Id rather not sign anyone, than do what Pool have done over the last year. But saying that, Id love Llorente!

F#ck RVP. Gooner prick with glass legs.

Totally agree with that. I do think we need one or two additions, but the kind of players to really strengthen are unlikely to be available right now anyway. I remember last year praying that we wouldn't get Charlie Adam. Thank GHod we didn't and ended up with Parker!

Haha, I was just joking with you because I thought this was announced and confirmed way earlier in the day, but you're right, it still hasn't been officially confirmed.

Their deal for Under-20 Brazil striker Henrique has fallen through, however, due to work permit issues.

Haha, I was just joking with you because I thought this was announced and confirmed way earlier in the day, but you're right, it still hasn't been officially confirmed.

Their deal for Under-20 Brazil striker Henrique has fallen through, however, due to work permit issues.

Shame about Henrique, would have been good to see whether he's worth the fuss made over him.

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Paris Saint-Germain have made a move to sign Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard, 33.
Full story: talkSPORT

After losing out on the signature of striker Patinkle Demba Cisse, 26, Sunderland have switched their attention to another Bundesliga hitman, 26-year-old Hannover 96 star Mohammed Abdellaoue.
Full story: Footybunker

Mario Balotelli's agent expects the 21-year-old Emirates Marketing Project striker to stay at Etihad Stadium until 2013 before assessing his future.
Full story: Sky Sports

Liverpool are believed to be in talks to sign attacking midfielder Esteban Granero, 24, from Real Madrid on loan.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Manchester United midfield target Wesley Sneijder, 27, has ruled out a move to the Premier League from Inter Milan in the January transfer window.
Full story: talkSPORT

Tottenham want to sign 24-year-old Mauro Zarate on loan. The Lazio striker caught Harry Redknapp's eye when on loan with Birmingham City three years ago.

Crystal Palace hope to fend off competition from Championship rivals to sign 25-year-old Jamie Vardy from Fleetwood.
Full story: Guardian

OTHER GOSSIP
Emirates Marketing Project hitman Sergio Aguero, 23, reveals that, as a youngster, he idolised Michael Owen, who proved that small strikers could make it big.

Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva, 25, has returned to the club to continue his rehabilitation from a season-ending knee injury.
Full story: Daily Express

Sunderland defender John O'Shea has backed Craig Gardner, 25, to overcome his homesickness after experiencing similar problems when he upped sticks earlier in his career.
Full story: Sunerland Echo

Bolton have offered Sammy Lee the chance to return to the Reebok Stadium. Just over four years since he was axed as manager following a disastrous start to the 2007-08 season, the 52-year-old is being lined up to take a leading role in the club's youth set-up.
Full story: Bolton News

AND FINALLY
Zambia keeper Kennedy Mweene was left red-faced in the Africa Cup of Nations when he caught the ball two yards outside of his area, but escaped a sending-off.
Full story: Metro

Tottenham want to sign 24-year-old Mauro Zarate on loan. The Lazio striker caught Harry Redknapp's eye when on loan with Birmingham City three years ago.

Christ on a bicycle I hope not

Back