• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Appears very quiet on the transfer front this window. Although with us i suppose it never really kicks off until the last 3 days

Taiwo and Onuoha pretty much signed, Alex fee agreed and Samba a possibiltiy. QPR's defence could end up looking:

Onuoha - Samba - Alex - Taiwo

That is not bad at all

Appears very quiet on the transfer front this window. Although with us i suppose it never really kicks off until the last 3 days

I don't see many players with asperations of playing in the Euros this summer moving clubs this month

Definitely. Think we may have to wait until summer for a major signing

While I think this is likely to happen I am of the opinion that this would be a massive opportunity lost.

I think that if there was ever a time to spend big in the transfer market then it is now. Chelsea, Arse and Liverpool will spend in Jan or the summer to claw back lost ground, and probably spend big.
Spurs need to take this opportunity to push further ahead of the chasing pack and maybe even close the gap on Manchester in the process. For me a big signing or two will send the absolute right message. Signing a squad player or two is rather pointless in my mind.
I don't mean just spunk our money on the first player that comes along, but we should not be afraid to throw an extra 5mil on the table if that is what it takes to change minds.

While I think this is likely to happen I am of the opinion that this would be a massive opportunity lost.I think that if there was ever a time to spend big in the transfer market then it is now. Chelsea, Arse and Liverpool will spend in Jan or the summer to claw back lost ground, and probably spend big.
Spurs need to take this opportunity to push further ahead of the chasing pack and maybe even close the gap on Manchester in the process. For me a big signing or two will send the absolute right message. Signing a squad player or two is rather pointless in my mind.
I don't mean just spunk our money on the first player that comes along, but we should not be afraid to throw an extra 5mil on the table if that is what it takes to change minds.

It certainly was last season. Could have made the difference between 4th and 5th. This season,maybe,just maybe. Hesitation could cost us a bigger prize

In all fairness, I'm sure DL and HR arent holding back on purpose. It's just finding that one signing we really need. Not that easy

In all fairness, I'm sure DL and HR arent holding back on purpose. It's just finding that one signing we really need. Not that easy

Especially when half the decent African players are at the ACN and half the European players have an eye on the Euros and will not want to jeopardise their chances of playing.

It certainly was last season. Could have made the difference between 4th and 5th. This season,maybe,just maybe. Hesitation could cost us a bigger prize

Players need to stop equating their salaries with their worth. Being signed by Emirates Marketing Project and getting paid 150k a week does not mean that the player himself is worth those wages, but that City is willing to pay that much to keep that player away from other clubs. These players are on lottery salaries, which they expect to keep for the rest of their careers. The only resolution would be a wage cap, but fat chance of that being implemented.

Specifically, Adebayor is on 170K+ a week. I'm sure most of us on here would want to make him a member of the team, if only he wasn't on such astronomical wages. But if he knows what is best for his career, he would need to take a wage cut (a return to earth) to play anywhere but Emirates Marketing Project.
My view is that since we didn't buy a striker in the summer, and we probably won't buy one in Jan, we will definitely buy one this summer. Do ya'll reckon Ade will take a cut to join? If he's not willing to take a wage-cut, he must put himself in the shop window to justify his (self)worth to high-spending teams. Could he end up at PSG?

I'm happy that Harry was so proud of the fact that we are flying high without spending like assholes. And he's not naive about player's wages either and knows what turns players' heads.

Doh! Just saw Milo quoted and made bold the same exact piece of text I did.

Especially when half the decent African players are at the ACN and half the European players have an eye on the Euros and will not want to jeopardise their chances of playing.

Or looking at it another way...with the Euros cming up some good/decent players at big clubs or clubs with big squads who are not getting games may be pursuaded to move permenantly or on loan for greater opportunities to play and put themselves in the picture to be picked for their national squads.

Think Defoe or Corluka...

If we can't get a striker, perhaps we can go for a midfielder who has good goalscoring capabilities, has a good long range shooting abaility, is VERY direct and breaks quickly from the CENTRE of midfield.

Not much, just a few things....:)
Just to add another attacking dimension for when we don't have a target man/Adebayor.

Just saying like..

What is the point? There is nothing wrong with our midfield. We do not need another midfielder we need a striker.

What is the point? There is nothing wrong with our midfield. We do not need another midfielder we need a striker.

Re-read my post and you'll see I am suggesting a certain type of midfielder as an alternative to the preffered striker signing if we can't get one.

Ade gives us a focal point, just like Berbatov & Kanoute did, something which Rasiak, Postiga & Pav couldn't/can't.

Back