• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

What are peoples thoughts on need to get one or two in? My view is that our incredible run can continue, especially if we can get King back for some of big games coming up, but that even then this is a great chance to try and do something special. Regardless of any knee-jerk reactions, or press saying 'typical spurs' for drawing a game we should have won, I think we are still in the race, and thus the time is right for trying whatever we can to get someone special in...

Be delighted if we brought Samba in for Bassong. The latter simply hasn't worked out and Samba can be a real beast.

An SC ITK said a few days ago that Harry would be in France on Sunday, so you're probably right.

I think we need an upgrade on Adebayor. Who? I would like to see us go all out for Cavani. I don't know I'd we would get him but we need to aim to sign the very best players & work down. If we try and get A-Star players, we might end up with B players, better than starting by tryin to get C rated players and succeeding.

I think we need an upgrade on Adebayor. Who? I would like to see us go all out for Cavani. I don't know I'd we would get him but we need to aim to sign the very best players & work down. If we try and get A-Star players, we might end up with B players, better than starting by tryin to get C rated players and succeeding.

I am sure we have tried for someone like Cavani but either he costs too much, wants to be paid too much or the club arent willing to listen. If its neither of those three things and we havent tried then not sure why.

The best time to strengthen is when youre on a high and on top. I have always said that the next two windows are crucial to our progress and a signal of intent.

Milan set to sign Sully Muntari for the summer, but he'll go on loan to QPR until the summer.

Milan back in for Maxi Lopez after Tevez deal is off, putting any English clubs offers way out of his intentions.

Getting Tevez, even for just 6 months, might as well be City handing us the league title. Okay, we have to play the games first, but I just cannot see it happen.

Cavani is simply unrealistic in this window and probably in the summer too.

Mandzukic and Llorente are good shouts but I'm not sure they would be better than Adebayor, we may be better off seeking a loan now and buying in the summer, gambling on our gap over 5th and to a lesser extent 4th.

Someone like Milito on loan with an option to buy, then we can pursue a top class young striker in the summer and if we realise we have no hope of signing Adebayor permenantly we can buy the loanee instead.

Getting Tevez, even for just 6 months, might as well be City handing us the league title. Okay, we have to play the games first, but I just cannot see it happen.

This. And isn't there a rule against loaning 2 players from the same club?

Cavani is simply unrealistic in this window and probably in the summer too.

Mandzukic and Llorente are good shouts but I'm not sure they would be better than Adebayor, we may be better off seeking a loan now and buying in the summer, gambling on our gap over 5th and to a lesser extent 4th.

Someone like Milito on loan with an option to buy, then we can pursue a top class young striker in the summer and if we realise we have no hope of signing Adebayor permenantly we can buy the loanee instead.

Pandy

I kinda have had enough of stop gaps. Pav was a stop gap because we couldnt get anyone in at such short notice. Ade was a stop gap till we get someone in. Now milito as a stop gap to bring someone else in.

We need longevity our team is settled except up front.

Pandy

I kinda have had enough of stop gaps. Pav was a stop gap because we couldnt get anyone in at such short notice. Ade was a stop gap till we get someone in. Now milito as a stop gap to bring someone else in.

We need longevity our team is settled except up front.

I agree but it might be better than getting someone now who will never be better than what we've already got. Our profile could be far larger in the summer than it is now.

I agree but it might be better than getting someone now who will never be better than what we've already got. Our profile could be far larger in the summer than it is now.

Thats what we said when we got into the CL. Yeah we got VDV but lets be honest - we needed a striker a full on striker. I am ecstatic with Ade and totally agreed with your post in the Ade thread but we need ANOTHER in the summer for sure. What would be ideal is getting someone in NOW so they have a few months to get accustomed to how we play and the PL in time for next season. Less pressure would be on the striker as we have Ade.

If there is a stop gap out there who could be the (positive) difference between Spurs finishing 4th or 5th, or even 1st or second, then that'll do for me!!

I'm with you on the general principle of keeping an eye on the medium and long term future of the club. But in this instance, I think we can make an exception. We haven't found ourselves in such a promising position too often in the past 50 years or so.

Carpe diem.

Thanks. Which strikers can he be compared to (either here in the PL, or known abroad)? Also, if we did sign him, how will he fit into our current set-up?

Sturridge, Hulk or Gervinho maybe.

He'd probably compete with Lennon for a spot on the right, although he could provide cover for Bale on the left too.

No doubt city seriously regret giving us bad ade now, they wouldnt make the same mistake twice...im in the cavani camp

Back